Is it finally over for Lance Armstrong? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it finally over for Lance Armstrong?

How about this Tigre?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...-with-hgh?bn=1

Quote:
Toronto sports physician Anthony Galea routinely travelled to the United States to illegally administer drugs to professional golfers, football and baseball players, says a dramatic criminal complaint filed in U.S. federal court.

Eight months after the high-profile physician to Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez and Patrick Chan was charged in Canada for allegedly smuggling and administering a banned drug, the new U.S. allegations say Galea treated numerous pro athletes in their homes and hotel rooms with human growth hormone and the illegal drug actovegin.

“Injections into the sites of muscle tears contained Actovegin, as did the IV drips,” reads the description of procedures Galea allegedly conducted as reported by Catalano

“(Catalano) also said Dr. Galea would at times inject a cocktail containing HGH into an athlete.”

The complaint alleges Galea illegally distributed human growth hormone, made false statements to investigators and “did knowingly combine, conspire and agree with others to defraud the United States.”

The treatments took place between July 2007 and September 2009, the document says.

“These patients include but are not limited to professional athletes from Major League Baseball, the National Football League (NFL) and the Professional Golfers’ Association,” the complaint reads.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #17
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

There already IS evidence. We know he took EPO in -99 and he could very well have been bio-passport pwned for his -09 TdF numbers, just like Pellizotti. Now it's all about spreading the good news which Floyd will do an exemplary job of.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
country flag Mjau!

I feel pretty for those who donated money to the Floyd Fairness Fund... The man has no shame whatsoever.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, there is evidence, his 99 samples contain EPO. He just won't get them re-tested because he's guilty.

But you're right. The end game here is that people will start to realise that Lance is a cheater (hopefully). Even if it isn't proven, he now has a question mark over his career.

With Landis' claims, the EPO 99 proof, former massuers claims, ex team-mates who admitted taking EPO during the TDF when he won, etc, that is some strong claims right there. Will give people more doubt over his career.

What we need now is someone to actually investigate this stuff.

But in the end, you look at the reality here.

A few years ago people claimed Landis lied.
Now they are claiming he is still lieing, i.e (McQuaid).

Effectively that means he was telling the truth in 2006 if they don't believe him now. Or he's telling the truth now and lied in 2006. Can't work the same way. One of the times he's told the truth according to the same people that called him a liar on both occasions. Which one is the truth?

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
I feel pretty for those who donated money to the Floyd Fairness Fund... The man has no shame whatsoever.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Yeah, there is evidence, his 99 samples contain EPO. He just won't get them re-tested because he's guilty.

But you're right. The end game here is that people will start to realise that Lance is a cheater (hopefully). Even if it isn't proven, he now has a question mark over his career.

With Landis' claims, the EPO 99 proof, former massuers claims, ex team-mates who admitted taking EPO during the TDF when he won, etc, that is some strong claims right there. Will give people more doubt over his career.

What we need now is someone to actually investigate this stuff.

But in the end, you look at the reality here.

A few years ago people claimed Landis lied.
Now they are claiming he is still lieing, i.e (McQuaid).

Effectively that means he was telling the truth in 2006 if they don't believe him now. Or he's telling the truth now and lied in 2006. Can't work the same way. One of the times he's told the truth according to the same people that called him a liar on both occasions. Which one is the truth?
Maybe that he doped but those he says did too actually didn't.

Just saying.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #22

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know what you're saying.

BTW, that avatar of yours is hideous.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Nothing will happen, he has no proof of what he's saying
Yep.

Floyd Landis the snitch. Pathetic. You can admit you did it without throwing Lance Armstrong under the bus.

Spineless.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #24

As soon as Lance Armstrong finally admits the truth, I don't respect him. Maybe when he has balls to be a man, I'll think of him differently but we know that won't happen.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
country flag Mjau!

Thumbs down Re: Is it finally over for Lance Armstrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
Yep.

Floyd Landis the snitch. Pathetic. You can admit you did it without throwing Lance Armstrong under the bus.

Spineless.
Typical spaniards defending obvious dopers. Just like judge Serrano protected Valverde and Contador. Disgraceful.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Yeah I know what you're saying.

BTW, that avatar of yours is hideous.
Did you see that stage? What an epic day of cycling, best GT stage I've seen in years.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Typical spaniards defending obvious dopers. Just like judge Serrano protected Valverde and Contador. Disgraceful.
He's not a Spaniard you asshat.

And no one's ever had anything against Contador.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #28
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
Yep.

Spineless.
floyd`s lack of credibility does come into play.

he is the same clown who previously denied any doping charges leveled against him.

we will just have to see how this plays out.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #29
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
He's not a Spaniard you asshat.

And no one's ever had anything against Contador.
Well, then he shouldn't masquerade as one.
Typical american then... they share the same upsetting lack of morals and sense of fair play. Unlike us honest northeners.

There was an AC in OP. A french newspaper said this was Contador and we all know the french are trustworthy.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #30
country flag Mjau!

BTW, I was gonna rep you for that adorablé cat picture, but now you've got a neg coming your way as soon as I've spread some around.

Be afraid.