ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #91
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post

Stop it, Linda. JMG might eat a ban for his comment below the rep.

Oh, and for the record, I was only trying to prove bisexuality, the one who stated a question to the mods was jonathancrane. I only helped him with an answer, I wouldn't touch the case from 2008 either
I deleted the posts, so we protect the moral values of mtf. And yes, both dished out in that case, but it's water under the bridge.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #92
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
I deleted the posts, so we protect the moral values of mtf. And yes, both dished out in that case, but it's water under the bridge.
But was Excalibur banned for calling FiBeR bisexual? Because that rep he sent JMG, posted in full public view, would seem to indicate that he would engage in sexual activities with those of the same sex.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #93
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
But was Excalibur banned for calling FiBeR bisexual? Because that rep he sent JMG, posted in full public view, would seem to indicate that he would engage in sexual activities with those of the same sex.
This is exactly what I was trying to prove Well, fun while it lasted

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #94
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I doubt that rep was to be taken at face value.

And look, FiBeR and Excalibur have a long history of bickering amongst each other and in this case Pablo was warned numerous times to ignore FiBeR and not make comments about him, yet he did it again, and to be honest I don't see what comments about FiBeR's sexuality have to do with TT, Pablo should've known better than to take that road, he posted what he did, he got suspended for one week, which was the logical next step after the warnings in the past, he'll be back on Monday, I seriously don't see what the big fuss is.

Also if I comment on this as a simple poster, I actually like Pablo, god knows what his opinion of me is, but despite all his cagon TT and other jibes, I actually like him as a poster, but he just didn't use common sense on this issue.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #95
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I doubt that rep was to be taken at face value.
Does that matter?

FiBeR has portrayed himself as a man willing to engage in sexual practises with another man. How can he have cause for complaint? And as has been stated many, many times, bisexual is not actually an insult, unless you are homophobic.

I actually assumed that Excalibur must have PMed/repped/posted something else. If you are confirming that he got banned because he suggested in a post (btw I doubt Excalibur's post was meant to be taken at face value - real consistency here ) that FiBeR was bisexual then I am flabbergasted. Honestly. That is terrible moderating.

On another, but related, note, I'm not a fan of "campaigning" for popular members to have bans shortened, and I strongly feel that every banned/infracted user should have the same sort of recourse to appeal their ban. I don't "know" any mods/admins off the board. If I were ever banned (unlikely, I am a model poster) I wouldn't even know how to go about complaining/appealing my ban
Old 05-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #96
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

I would help you out, baby You can have my phone number

Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #97
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

Quote:
Does that matter?

FiBeR has portrayed himself as a man willing to engage in sexual practises with another man. How can he have cause for complaint? And as has been stated many, many times, bisexual is not actually an insult, unless you are homophobic.

I actually assumed that Excalibur must have PMed/repped/posted something else. If you are confirming that he got banned because he suggested in a post (btw I doubt Excalibur's post was meant to be taken at face value - real consitency here ) that FiBeR was bisexual then I am flabbergasted. Honestly. That is terrible moderating.

On another, but related, note, I'm not a fan of "campaigning" for popular members to have bans shortened, and I strongly feel that every banned/infracted user should have the same sort of recourse to appeal their ban. I don't "know" any mods/admins off the board. If I were ever banned I wouldn't even know how to go about complaining/appealing my ban
Even if it would matter, none of the mods were aware of such a rep, even if it was posted in a thread, as you showed earlier. Had JMG reported it, action would've been taken. And maybe I used the wrong expression, when I said it shouldn't be taken at face value, I just don't see how that rep has any connection to Pablo's ban.

As I said above, Pablo was warned to ignore FiBeR, both were told to stop with their bickering. Pablo still made that post, whether it was a joke or not, I can still see FiBeR's point of view and can understand his annoyance at often being the butt of Pablo's jokes. If FiBeR isn't willing to discuss his sexual orientation in public nor does he appreciate it being discussed, well I think that's his right and considering the past between the two Pablo should've known better. And the ban is also not a result of just that one post, but a culmination of all prior warnings given to Pablo on this matter.

I would say that campaigning to get bans and suspensions shortened don't really have much of an effect, I do understand that it's sometimes perceived that they do, but in those cases (mainly when the suspensions are longer) it's usually the mods discussing it, who reach a decision that the initial suspension was not correct, i.e. too long, I would say the influence from the public opinion is minimal.

When someone is infracted, they have a very simple way of appealing their warnings, as the infractions are received in PM form and can be replied to. You bring up a good point about being able to appeal bans, I know some forums that have special sub-forums, where banned posters can post and appeal their ban, maybe something like that could be implemented here too. But I think that the only way possible way of doing it would be if there would be a way of doing it in private, between the mods and the poster without any outside influence, because otherwise it can easily devolve into such threads, where very little constructive posting is done and usually the main focus is on bashing the mod's decision.

So anything in this post worth nitpicking too?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #98
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

If these guys get a "case" then everyone should

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #99
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
So anything in this post worth nitpicking too?
Yes. My last question in this case.

Quote:

As I said above, Pablo was warned to ignore FiBeR, both were told to stop with their bickering.
In the same thread FiBeR called Pablo an idiot, and Pablo counter-reported it. If both posters were fighting and both were warned in the past, why only one received a ban?

From what I recall, Bolar Bolabi, its.like.that and Jig-Jag all were warned last year, continued their affairs, and all finally flew away together for their love banters last year.

I don't think for the record that anyone participates in these discussions thinking the ban will seriously become shorter. Like in every decent court the prosecutor and the judge discuss the verdict behind the scenes, and solicitor just talks because they love to point out the flaws of the other side.

Last edited by Nathaliia : 05-21-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #100
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

How ironic that when I tried to read the last page of this thread I got a database era
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #101
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

xxaxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #102
country flag Spadea TT

Spadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond repute

I think the case is open again...
Spadea TT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #103
country flag Nathaliia

You have been banned for the following reason:
Byyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee. The next one is permanent btw. Your BFF RagingLamb.

Date the ban will be lifted: 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Chau Pablito, see you in 6 months!

In fact I wanted to post here that last evening after drinking half of a vodka bottle I realized either this shit gets solved or Pablin flies out with a huge ban, so I initiated contact with Fiber and had a few-days-needing plan to make the 3-years-lasting conflict finally expire. I mean, everybody knows if we really look for agreement in the case that lasted so long and both sides said so many nasty things to each other (me in last week too, I admit, and I apologised the interested parties in private), then it won't stop suddenly within 10 minutes.

Of course if Pablo had stopped his whining and simply got over everything he'd be a moral hero. But on MTF this kind of behaviour is rare as diarrhea, so this is why I thought a few days would be needed. Apparently Fiber in PMs made a positive impression on me, it's obvious in the crucial hour of saying "I'm sorry" to each other he'd be willing to cooperate.

But those people called mods and admins volunteered to their tasks, site owner (who never replies e-mails btw) accepted them, they were equipped with power and buttons, so they can take any decision they want and solve conflicts from a power position. Well, this is also such option. Why bother. Keeps things shorter and less painful.

I suggest to get over. Loved the explanation of the ban though.

Last edited by Nathaliia : 05-29-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #104
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you believe in the Bible, Nathi, but it says "Blessed are the peace makers"

I'm sure neutrals will give credit for what you tried to do here.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #105
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Does everyone who recieves 3 bans get banned permanantly?