ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2010, 03:24 AM   #151
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion

wildegirl05, I'll answer your post tomorrow, it's time to for me.

but thanks for the ideas in advance

Old 05-31-2010, 03:30 AM   #152
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

so gonzalo eats a 6 month ban based in part on something that happened a year and half ago but since apparently no current mods were around back when this other poster had his double accounts, he gets away with it?
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #153
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
Link Mage, as long as I know (I might be wrong, but that's what I've been told) started several threads before matches were over (vcash hungry). So it's quite different.
Perhaps I have overlooked something here but I don't quite understand why you don't know this for sure. Isn't the info on why that particular poster got banned for what particular reason available in the mod forum (preferably going back long enough, with the posts in question copied to the mod forum)? How can you be consistent if decisions made are that vague to certain mods?

Well, here's hoping for more transparancy.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #154
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable the amount of BS here to justify the unjustifiable
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #155
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
i agree it's subjective but i think the subjectivity must be limited as much as possible.

i appreciate how hard it can be but really, i think you'll be doing yourselves a HUGE service by being more objective. i know i'm saying this from the outside but please borrow from the common law system's ideals by setting up guidelines, setting precedent, sticking to precedent and making narrow exceptions. maybe you can create guidelines for categories of insults, categories of harassment etc. there will be gray areas and outliers but you should really aim to minimize those if possible. it's subjective and human is not helpful when looking at you guys critically from the outside.

i hope that didn't sound condescending, or if it did, it was not the intention. i just want to minimize the frustration for both parties. your (collective) lack of consistency has been a pet peeve for a while now.

kudos indeed to raginglamb but maybe it can be even better if you got some feedback from us about transparency. if you listen to suggestions, you'll make people more empowered in the rules of the forum. possibly they'll follow better. hopefully at the very least, they will feel less angry about your use/abuse of power.

transparency will also force you to be more consistent. nothing like accountability to make things more efficient, at least in theory right?

i hope you'll (collectively) think about these things. and thank you again for explaining things. i learned a lot about your process.
Good points I agree that it can be improved and more transparent. We are currently discussing some things and hopefully soon we will announce some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
so gonzalo eats a 6 month ban based in part on something that happened a year and half ago but since apparently no current mods were around back when this other poster had his double accounts, he gets away with it?
His current ban was because of the abusive rep, the length of the ban was settled based on his previous ban. Nothing wrong with it. We are not making a witch hunt here and checking what happened many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Perhaps I have overlooked something here but I don't quite understand why you don't know this for sure. Isn't the info on why that particular poster got banned for what particular reason available in the mod forum (preferably going back long enough, with the posts in question copied to the mod forum)? How can you be consistent if decisions made are that vague to certain mods?

Well, here's hoping for more transparancy.
I think I was too careful in my message, what I meant is that it has been commented by mods and by posters in other threads (chat threads) that he prematurely started threads several times (result threads before a match was over). I don't recall myself deleting any thread of him becaus of this (I recall I deleted troll threads started by him, though), but maybe it happened, we have a lot of work in General Messages and we can't remember all our actions.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #156
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Unbelievable the amount of BS here to justify the unjustifiable

http://www.verticalscope.com/contact/index.html
maybe these people can help? since mods arent colaborating

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 PM   #157
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the collective team of mods will say now
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
So if -Evita- didn't cheat, how did Linda and I come to the decision of picking Ljubicic? Oh that's right, our brains. Something you should consider using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Oh fuck off Fiber you bisexual.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #158
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

^^ The TT thread is discussing a case involving Adam, myself and Evita. By failing to mention either Adam or I, but very deliberatly saying that he doesn't think Evita is a cheat, FiBeR has accused clearly Adam of cheating. Adam is understandly upset.

Adam is much more sensitive than FiBeR.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #159
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

cheating in TT is nothing new though

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #160
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but maybe people shouldn't take this website so seriously. Take a step back from the computer, go outside, play actual tennis, talk to people in real life...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #161
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but maybe people shouldn't take this website so seriously. Take a step back from the computer, go outside, play actual tennis, talk to people in real life...
That's incredibly rude and patronising. You've been a great help, thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #162
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
play actual tennis
i played a mere 2 hours of actual tennis today
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #163
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
That's incredibly rude and patronising. You've been a great help, thanks
Don't know how, Linda. If people are getting so worked up by a tennis website, then maybe they should take a step back.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #164
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Don't know how, Linda. If people are getting so worked up by a tennis website, then maybe they should take a step back.
There are very few people getting "so worked up". It's not unreasonable for people who post here and are part of the MTF community to expect to be treated fairly by the posters who moderate the forums.

Perhaps you should have worded your first post as you worded the above, without the snide "go play tennis, talk to real people" remarks.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #165
country flag ~*BGT*~

EDIT: Nevermind Continue

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by ~*BGT*~ : 06-01-2010 at 12:38 AM.