ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #136
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ExcaliburII and LinkMage case discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
I'd like to comment on the issue of Excalibur and his ban:

First, I have no personal issues with Excalibur. We have rarely interacted with each other before (he mentioned this in his previous thread as well).

So the latest ban that he received had nothing to do with any personal issues on my part. After his week-long ban Excalibur was quite adamant about violating the rules and making sure we knew about it. Near the end he even reported his own post just to throw it in our faces.

So his ban had very much to do with the way he behaved, and it was not a decision I made on my own. There was no emotional component to it.

Now, regarding people who have raised the issue of professionalism about the content of the message (e.g.):

I understand why people are bothered by the content in the ban message. To be honest, I thought he would appreciate the humor in it, but in retrospect, it was perhaps not the right thing to do, and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it.

Even though being a moderator is a volunteer activity (not a profession), I think it is fair for you to expect us to behave in a more sensible way that that.

But I think it is fair for us to ask something in return as well. I have personally received a lot of bashing and insults as a moderator on this forum, and have always shown restraint.

If the standard you set for me and the rest of us when moderating is to act professionally, then please apply some standards to yourselves as well when addressing us.

We are more than happy to fix our mistakes when we make them, or to comply with requests. But it is much easier to do so when we aren't being insulted.

Thank you.
so you think a banning for 6 months with that message was going to be funny? this is ridiculous, but expected from a poster who doesnt have contact with normal MTF posters and still thinks is prepared the job.

Pablin is a great poster for the site. I am sure you dont even know what he posts, where he posts, etc.

MTF moderators are a bunch of arrogants who doesnt admit errors, this is disgusting from people who are moderating. I expect a rotation soon, if not the "power" will remain at same hands for ever.
you should understand that there are reasons why people are with the work you are doing. Open your eyes if you cant see it

No offense, but you have a incomplete interpretation of "MTF reality". I recommend to the MTF mod Team to give up if you cant addapt to the changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #137
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadea TT View Post
You used the old fascist tactic of banning a person for "antagonizing" the ruler. You should know it.

It was clear you wanted Pablo out of this forum. After the first (unfair) ban, you had the chance to pair up things, banning Fiber for the ugly post at Pauchis (and that post deserved much longer ban than Pablo's). You didn't do it, because you knew that banning Fiber the conflict would have got solved and you knew that without a ban Pablo's reaction would have been furious. And I'd say his reaction was even lighter than you expected (I think I was more aggressive than him in reaction). But you wanted him out, no matter what. It's your choice. I accept it.

But it's also my choice to leave mtf. Life is elsewhere. I have plenty of things to be angry for in real life, I surely don't need to increase anger on an internet forum. Have fun ruling the "world"!!
Decisions like in this case are joint decisions by the mod team. I've exchanged several PMs with Pablo and you and I was pretty nice and genuine. I've talked to you as a regular member and also as a mod. I/we (mods) never wanted Pablo to react so badly and it wasn't a trap to get him banned. You are wrong.

and yes, it's so fun ruling this kindergaten, the only joy I have from moderation is banning people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
it's all good to say mods are human too, that is nothing new under the sun. what's still unexplained is why you seem to avoid the fundamental question at the heart of this conflict: why are you imposing the rules arbitrarily? either you guys are displaying blatant favoritism OR you have this logical explanation that somehow has failed to be understood by those of us asking the question and is too complicated to be explained by you. or if there's a third explanation, please let us know.

if your response is that you don't owe us any explanation, we have no choice but to realize that you have power with absolutely no checks and balances by the people over whom you impose this power. what makes you think such a feeling amongst the members of this forum will make your job easier?

so i will ask very rationally with no improper language: why is it that the punishments have been one-sided? why are one poster's inflammatory posts being deleted without the poster being banned, while two other posters have been banned for similar (and apparently less inflammatory) language? why are you so reluctant to explain the reason to us? i assure you, if you have a reason that's not "because we decided so" people will listen because most of us are adults here. and please give us something concrete without referring vaguely to past issues/past conflict etc.

i have absolutely no prior interest in these parties. i am asking because i cannot understand what makes consistency so incredibly hard to comply with for you mods.
I understand your point. Sometimes I forget about the main issue in an answer

Things weren't one-sided. We are not taking the easy(?) way of "let's ban them all and it will be OK". If the rules are clear about the conduct, we also consider who starts a fight/bashing. The first ban Pablo got was based not in a single post, but in his record of offenses (and sorry, it's concrete for us). He's been infracted before and kept his behaviour, so we decided to give an 1 week ban. Unfortunately more people started bashing Fiber. He reacted to a post and both posters were infracted. Then he keeps rolling. Posts weren't that inflammatory so they've been only deleted and he's aware since posts were deleted that it was inappropriate and further decisions might be taken. This has been discussed among mods and we are taking joint decisions in this case, it doesn't mean the agreements are not discussed and that there aren't different opinions and approaches. We know we can't please everyone and even though we really appreciate the opinion of members, we are not jumping in bannings bandwagons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
You don't answer my points but as usual choose to kill the messanger, making skilled use of the old stalinist tactic of branding ppl "fascist" and "enemy of the people" previous to their elimination. Good Mod work

Your pretention that I didnt mention you is laughable, you're a mod in this forum and we are discussing moderation. If you want me not mentioning you go back to the rank-and-file, you know I have zero interest in you as a poster or a person.

I can see now where FiBeR learnt his tactics, he also want ppl not to mention him in a public forum
Where did I say you shouldn't mention my name? I only said that you're always talking bullshit about me and that's you who has fixation on me, and not the other way round like you said. I meant you talked about me recently in other threads, always being rude. I've deleted some posts of yours recently that were reported (and none of them was about me) and didn't think it was worthy an infraction. If they were, I'd give, because you really can't intimidate me. Other mods can confirm this.

I only said you're fascist because you are always calling me stalinist, if you call me whatever you want, I will call you whatever I want/I think.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #138
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

one question: you know that you are doing things wrong but you are not admitting it? or you dont even know you are making errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #139
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post

I understand your point. Sometimes I forget about the main issue in an answer

Things weren't one-sided. We are not taking the easy(?) way of "let's ban them all and it will be OK". If the rules are clear about the conduct, we also consider who starts a fight/bashing. The first ban Pablo got was based not in a single post, but in his record of offenses (and sorry, it's concrete for us). He's been infracted before and kept his behaviour, so we decided to give an 1 week ban. Unfortunately more people started bashing Fiber. He reacted to a post and both posters were infracted. Then he keeps rolling. Posts weren't that inflammatory so they've been only deleted and he's aware since posts were deleted that it was inappropriate and further decisions might be taken. This has been discussed among mods and we are taking joint decisions in this case, it doesn't mean the agreements are not discussed and that there aren't different opinions and approaches. We know we can't please everyone and even though we really appreciate the opinion of members, we are not jumping in bannings bandwagons.
thank you for answering. so i'm not sure i understand the logic of this explanation fully though:

you say banning everyone would be the "easy" way out. but you have banned 2 people who engaged with 1 poster and banned both of them and just not the third, correct? do you acknowledge that this is unfair? i'll ask it another way. i'm going off GM infraction points here:

per my calculations, when pablo got his first ban for a week, the reciprocal punishment for fiber was an infraction (correct?) - presumably worth 1 or 2 points. then he (fiber) had the heated exchange with pauchis and that should have been an infraction for "inappropriate language" and "insulting another member" - presumably worth 4 points. that's 5 or more points, leading to a 1 week ban. there has been no ban issued to fiber because you say that would be jumping on the banning bandwagon. you (collectively) have had no qualms about jumping on this bandwagon for pablo and linkmage, however.

so you instead bring in other factors (past history) and then say you delete those posts of fiber that were "not that inflammatory". do you not see the problem here? you're making it far more subjective than it needs to be, and you're just setting up a cycle of biased modding. because in the future you will refer to this "lesser punishment" as a way to justify that his(fiber's) behavior was not as bad because he didn't get punished as severely. it's a vicious cycle because you're not being as objective as you can be - you determine in a two-party conflict, through unverifiable (and frankly, what looks really biased) decision making that some posts are not "as inflammatory" and dealing with some posters through warnings and deletions and others through banning.

here's my suggestion, if you are that concerned about the banning bandwagon:

(i) making your decision-making forum open to scrutiny so we can at least verify there is some logical discussion rather than having to keep hearing that there's discussions without being able to judge how logical or impartial they are.

OR

(ii) publish the infractions and points you issues to posters frequently - daily, weekly whatever. publish it in a way that all of us can read so we can understand what language, content and actions you mods consider punishment-worthy and that we can see you being consistent in sticking to these standards. if "death threats to another poster" = instant ban, then tell us how many posters have been hauled up under this rule. tell us frequently.

if you're consistent in your application of the rules, people can modify their behavior or at least take informed risks. maybe pick up a copy of discipline and punish too; foucault has some good ideas for you to ponder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #140
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

I'll split your post so I can be more objective

Quote:
thank you for answering. so i'm not sure i understand the logic of this explanation fully though:

you say banning everyone would be the "easy" way out. but you have banned 2 people who engaged with 1 poster and banned both of them and just not the third, correct? do you acknowledge that this is unfair?
sorry, I totally forgot about Link Mage in my post and I even thought: two posters? And he made the title of the thread now

I said and asked at same time if it was the easier way

Not necessarily it's unfair. The content and context are considered. Link Mage was too abusive in what he said and it was not his first offense in this matter (and there were others) and not the first ban based in reputation message or PM in this forum. Excalibur was told before to leave the other poster alone, still (naivly? I don't know) made a general post that included this other poster and mentioned a delicate issue (his supposed sexuality) - harmless? I don't think so, the poster felt harassed.

Quote:
i'll ask it another way.i'm going off GM infraction points hereer my calculations, when pablo got his first ban for a week, the reciprocal punishment for fiber was an infraction (correct?) - presumably worth 1 or 2 points. then he (fiber) had the heated exchange with pauchis and that should have been an infraction for "inappropriate language" and "insulting another member" - presumably worth 4 points. that's 5 or more points, leading to a 1 week ban. there has been no ban issued to fiber because you say that would be jumping on the banning bandwagon. you (collectively) have had no qualms about jumping on this bandwagon for pablo and linkmage, however.
Fiber didn't get an infraction for what happened first. He only got an infraction for the incident with pauchis. We don't double infract a single post (they both got "insulted other member infraction") and it's usual a poster makes few/several offensive posts in an hour and gets only one infraction for them all. Our work is subjective (like you pointed out) and sometimes we just don't give the proper infarctions, we can try to improve the system and its realibility but it will always have a bit of judgement, too bad but it's quite intrinsic to our task.

Quote:
so you instead bring in other factors (past history) and then say you delete those posts of fiber that were "not that inflammatory". do you not see the problem here? you're making it far more subjective than it needs to be, and you're just setting up a cycle of biased modding. because in the future you will refer to this "lesser punishment" as a way to justify that his(fiber's) behavior was not as bad because he didn't get punished as severely. it's a vicious cycle because you're not being as objective as you can be - you determine in a two-party conflict, through unverifiable (and frankly, what looks really biased) decision making that some posts are not "as inflammatory" and dealing with some posters through warnings and deletions and others through banning.
I get your point. I think I've also talked about it earlier. It's not easy to "measure" the offenses, even though some are clearly worse than others, but there's always subjectivity. If it's inappropriate but not that bad, we first only delete; if it's quite bad, we give an infraction; if it's really that bad, we give infraction; if it's extremely bad, we can even ban. It's not mathematics. Sometimes we are lenient, sometimes we are severe, sometimes we change our mind. Every reported post is a new thread in a mod's section. We usually answer to first post to say what was done. Sometimes we ignore some that were not worthy taking action (and that's subjective itself), sometimes we just forget about a reported post that went to 2nd page that was worthy taking action, many times we ask for other's opinions in the matter, sometimes we act even if not sure about it, that's how it happens and works.

Quote:
here's my suggestion, if you are that concerned about the banning bandwagon:

(i) making your decision-making forum open to scrutiny so we can at least verify there is some logical discussion rather than having to keep hearing that there's discussions without being able to judge how logical or impartial they are.

OR

(ii) publish the infractions and points you issues to posters frequently - daily, weekly whatever. publish it in a way that all of us can read so we can understand what language, content and actions you mods consider punishment-worthy and that we can see you being consistent in sticking to these standards. if "death threats to another poster" = instant ban, then tell us how many posters have been hauled up under this rule. tell us frequently.
The mod forum is private for good reasons, it's not supposed to be public. It's to protect us and also, believe me, the members that are being discussed there. I think we can learn from all this fuss that more transparency is needed, but not that much as you are asking we are currently working in making rules more clear (even though I think they are already pretty clear and common sense is always welcome, but then I see posters like you, and not only the troublemakers/offenders asking us about it so we have to seriously consider it). And let me say here that Raging Lamb is the one who is working on it, kudos to him for his great and awesome work. Those who say about him really don't know him well.

Quote:
if you're consistent in your application of the rules, people can modify their behavior or at least take informed risks. maybe pick up a copy of discipline and punish too; foucault has some good ideas for you to ponder.
We try our best to be consistent, but of course we are not flawless. In the other hand, there's too much manicheism and thoughtless bashing regarding our moves, but obviously it's only my opinion. Like I said before, the rules are clear and some good sense/civility is expected from the posters. It's not like me are making new rules to justify our actions too.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 AM   #141
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
still he made new accounts
whoa whoa whoa WHOA, hold the phone, are you talking about SuperFed and Vegeta ? cuz those were two of the best posters in MTF history, and that entire incident was one of the funniest and most completely fucking harmless controversies to ever grace these wretched pages.

Quote:
and messed up with the contest.
what contest? the popularity contest? please tell me you are referring to the eurovision song contest, or something that really matters in the world, and not the mtf popularity contest, which is messed up without any help from linkmage people are "buying" voutes with useless fake money, the draws are rigged, it's not even a real game like TT or FITD or PAW for fuck's sake, and LinkMage's brothers are the only reasons to pay any attention to it at all.

uncle uncle uncle uncle uncle, if you are trying to demonstrate the depth of LinkMage's depravity by reminding us how he compromised the integrity of the sacred and hallowed MTF popularity contest (or was it the ACC? or is there any difference?) and how he deviously schemed to deprive Bad Gambler of his highly valuable vcash in exchange for boutes, i have (much too belatedly) realized we are not coexisting in the same moral universe

and also wasn't that like, a year and a half ago?
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 AM   #142
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
whoa whoa whoa WHOA, hold the phone, are you talking about SuperFed and Vegeta ? cuz those were two of the best posters in MTF history, and that entire incident was one of the funniest and most completely fucking harmless controversies to ever grace these wretched pages.
I agree, best posters ever

I was surprised "SuperFed" wasn't picked by any member before as username.

I guess it was considered harmless by the mods who took the decision at that time, but still it was a duplicate account. ---> http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=130284 (A6)

Quote:
what contest? the popularity contest? please tell me you are referring to the eurovision song contest, or something that really matters in the world, and not the mtf popularity contest, which is messed up without any help from linkmage people are "buying" voutes with useless fake money, the draws are rigged, it's not even a real game like TT or FITD or PAW for fuck's sake, and LinkMage's brothers are the only reasons to pay any attention to it at all.

uncle uncle uncle uncle uncle, if you are trying to demonstrate the depth of LinkMage's depravity by reminding us how he compromised the integrity of the sacred and hallowed MTF popularity contest (or was it the ACC? or is there any difference?) and how he deviously schemed to deprive Bad Gambler of his highly valuable vcash in exchange for boutes, i have (much too belatedly) realized we are not coexisting in the same moral universe

and also wasn't that like, a year and a half ago?
Busted, I said contest because I wasn't much sure about what contest it was

Fake money?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=155

I think we have evidences
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 AM   #143
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

my understanding is that a certain poster who is the moderator of a certain player forum has had several double accounts over the years but despite his history of multiple accounts, when he started a match thread long before the match was over, he did not eat any ban whatsoever. so what gives?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:56 AM   #144
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Let's all get along

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 AM   #145
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, best posters ever

I was surprised "SuperFed" wasn't picked by any member before as username.

I guess it was considered harmless by the mods who took the decision at that time, but still it was a duplicate account. ---> http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=130284 (A6)

Busted, I said contest because I wasn't much sure about what contest it was

Fake money?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=155

I think we have evidences
It was the popularity contest Jenni and I ran it and thanks to additional votes of SuperFed and Vegeta, TMJordan def. scarecrows. A few minutes before the QF began you (!!! ) and Jess revealed those accounts were fake and removed, and belonged to the poster who voted from the original account.

So Jenni and I made a decision to cancel votes from those accounts. It moved scarecrows to QF. Then people started to unload on Jenni and me (mainly me, cos scarecrows is my baby beau ) we fixed it to push him forward We repeated like a thousand times votes from fake accounts would not count because it would be totally unfair, but I remember one particular poster (a former ACC winner btw) whined about it even after the popularity contest finished and came to rant to our chat thread. So yeah, the only people who kinda suffered from it were Jordan (fake hopes) and reputation of Jenni, Genci and myself. And none of us is mad at Linky obviously We are the people who actually have some humour

And the funniest thing turned out a few weeks later whe more duplicate accounts were revealed, but not belonging to LM... and it also turned out TMJordan should have been the one to advance to QF if to cancel those other fake votes as well

One of the funniest things on MTF ever

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:00 AM   #146
country flag Snoo Foo

dude you of all people should be fighting like a raccoon for your brother who ate a goddamn PERMBAN for absolutely NOTHING compared to what these two jokers got up to
Old 05-31-2010, 03:04 AM   #147
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fiber didn't get an infraction for what happened first. He only got an infraction for the incident with pauchis. We don't double infract a single post (they both got "insulted other member infraction") and it's usual a poster makes few/several offensive posts in an hour and gets only one infraction for them all. Our work is subjective (like you pointed out) and sometimes we just don't give the proper infarctions, we can try to improve the system and its realibility but it will always have a bit of judgement, too bad but it's quite intrinsic to our task.
i agree it's subjective but i think the subjectivity must be limited as much as possible.

Quote:

I get your point. I think I've also talked about it earlier. It's not easy to "measure" the offenses, epven though some are clearly worse than others, but there's always subjectivity. If it's inappropriate but not that bad, we first only delete; if it's quite bad, we give an infraction; if it's really that bad, we give infraction; if it's extremely bad, we can even ban. It's not mathematics. Sometimes we are lenient, sometimes we are severe, sometimes we change our mind. Every reported post is a new thread in a mod's section. We usually answer to first post to say what was done. Sometimes we ignore some that were not worthy taking action (and that's subjective itself), sometimes we just forget about a reported post that went to 2nd page that was worthy taking action, many times we ask for other's opinions in the matter, sometimes we act even if not sure about it, that's how it happens and works.
i appreciate how hard it can be but really, i think you'll be doing yourselves a HUGE service by being more objective. i know i'm saying this from the outside but please borrow from the common law system's ideals by setting up guidelines, setting precedent, sticking to precedent and making narrow exceptions. maybe you can create guidelines for categories of insults, categories of harassment etc. there will be gray areas and outliers but you should really aim to minimize those if possible. it's subjective and human is not helpful when looking at you guys critically from the outside.

i hope that didn't sound condescending, or if it did, it was not the intention. i just want to minimize the frustration for both parties. your (collective) lack of consistency has been a pet peeve for a while now.

Quote:
The mod forum is private for good reasons, it's not supposed to be public. It's to protect us and also, believe me, the members that are being discussed there. I think we can learn from all this fuss that more transparency is needed, but not that much as you are asking we are currently working in making rules more clear (even though I think they are already pretty clear and common sense is always welcome, but then I see posters like you, and not only the troublemakers/offenders asking us about it so we have to seriously consider it). And let me say here that Raging Lamb is the one who is working on it, kudos to him for his great and awesome work. Those who say about him really don't know him well.
kudos indeed to raginglamb but maybe it can be even better if you got some feedback from us about transparency. if you listen to suggestions, you'll make people more empowered in the rules of the forum. possibly they'll follow better. hopefully at the very least, they will feel less angry about your use/abuse of power.

transparency will also force you to be more consistent. nothing like accountability to make things more efficient, at least in theory right?

i hope you'll (collectively) think about these things. and thank you again for explaining things. i learned a lot about your process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:05 AM   #148
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Quote:
my understanding is that a certain poster who is the moderator of a certain player forum has had several double accounts over the years but despite his history of multiple accounts, when he started a match thread long before the match was over, he did not eat any ban whatsoever. so what gives?

I really don't know much about what happened before I joined this site and especially before I've joined the mod team.

Link Mage, as long as I know (I might be wrong, but that's what I've been told) started several threads before matches were over (vcash hungry). So it's quite different.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 AM   #149
country flag Snoo Foo

oh my bad, for some reason i thought you'd been around longer than six months
Old 05-31-2010, 03:20 AM   #150
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

I didn't say about the premature ejaculation, it was about the several accounts.