Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #121
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Primo Uomo View Post
To me, there's a list of players you must see playing in each grand slam so you can apprciate tennis:
OZ: SERENA, Sharapova
RG: HENIN, KUZNETSOVA, IVANOVIC, Jankovic, Safina, Serena
Wimbledon: VENUS PERIOD....Serena, Sharapova
USO: VENUS, SHARAPOVA, SERENA, Clijsters, Henin, Kuznetsova? Jankovic

The different surfaces fit them well. My favorite being Venus Williams in Wimbledon. It really doesn't get any better than this (hence her 5titles in 8 finals since 2000!!).

I hardly wtach matches that don't envolve these players. The other players are just mediocre.
lol I don't think you'll convert any fans by making them watch Kuznetsova. She shows up for maybe one or two events a year and then plays like a Challenger player for the rest of the year.

I agree with the others though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alas_8
I actually loved women's tennis back when Hingis was at her peak. To me, she's the only player with a game worth watching in the women's tour. I lost interest when all these boring Russians, and ballbashers came into the scene.

To be fair, men's tennis during 2000 to 2002/transition period was boring as fuck. I mean Magnus Norman was once World No. 2.
What about Justine? She's another player that ATP lovers can generally appreciate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #122
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
lol I don't think you'll convert any fans by making them watch Kuznetsova. She shows up for maybe one or two events a year and then plays like a Challenger player for the rest of the year.

I agree with the others though.

What about Justine? She's another player that ATP lovers can generally appreciate.
Even Ivanovic?
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #123
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Even Ivanovic?

I myself hate that bitch, she's whack BUT IN RG. She's actually wonderful on clay to me. Amazing skills. Even her movement is pure class on clay.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #124
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Even Ivanovic?
Even in her slump last year she pulled in a respectable 4R showing.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #125
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Do you have to follow women's football to be a true football fan?
It's a lot different because women's tennis is much more popular than women's football

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #126
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

There are differences between the ATP and WTA, both have their good and bad sides. In general, for most of the time, I've almost always preferred the WTA. It is probably in some of it's worst times right now though there's still so much in it, and in fact I haven't been this excited for RG in a few years. I don't think there's a doubt the level of tennis on the ATP has been higher for the past few years though. My interest in the ATP has definitely increased again. I've always had my faves but I'm finally actually enjoying just following the tour after years of Federer on his own.

But 1990's- early 2000's WTA shits all over the ATP of that period. Davenport, Hingis, Venus, Serena, Graf, Seles, Pierce, Capriati, Clijsters, Henin, the list goes on and on. And, I actually loved the ATP in the early-2000's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
Waiting for a mens match to start on your court at Grand Slams

Having to wait 3 plus hours for the women to finish
How do you think people in the reverse position feel? Waiting 4+ hrs for some 5 setter to finish. That's another big thing I hate about the ATP. 5 set matches have got. to. go. Plus the fact that most broadcasters seriously favour men's matches over women's.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #127
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Do you have to follow women's football to be a true football fan?
No. But if you were a true football fan you wouldn't be unable to enjoy a game of women's football. That's the thing, people here referring to women's tennis as shit/useless/only good for perving, it's really hard to take them seriously as tennis fans (or at all ).
Old 05-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #128
country flag Persimmon

Persimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond repute

Completely indifferent.
Persimmon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #129
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
How do you think people in the reverse position feel? Waiting 4+ hrs for some 5 setter to finish. That's another big thing I hate about the ATP. 5 set matches have got. to. go. Plus the fact that most broadcasters seriously favour men's matches over women's.
5 set matches have got to go? I would honestly give up watching the ATP if that happened. It would kill the suspense. 5 set matches are much better tests of stamina and endurance and more likely to see changes in momentum. I love them.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #130
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

what are you smoking mate??, no 5 setters???, well your at it, lets make the the wta matches first to nine. Less choking,less errors and less 5 mph second serves!!. About the broadcasting, thats bullshit. This year they showed kim winning 6-0 6-3 instead of an exicting 5 setter between steps and ivo, both those guys each have something that wta players don't, a good volley or a big serve!!, wta always get shown ahead of atp in grandslams. i'm sick of carillo commentating on wta at the us-open aswel, just gives me another reason not to watch that crap.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #131
country flag FlameOn

This rally would make Federer jealous.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #132
country flag Quakes

Quakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond reputeQuakes has a reputation beyond repute

Men's junior tour has better quality overall than women's tour. Since very few people watch men's juniors, the vast majority of people who enjoy watching the women's games must be enjoying something other than tennis.

We also have Andy Murray.
Quakes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #133
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

agreed with quakes, wta is rubbish, end of discussion
Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #134
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
This rally would make Federer jealous.

go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akFbE...eature=related

a rally the wta players dream of when they sleep.

or this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Yy4tmPuYU

do you get this in the wta ?

can the amazing henin or the ''athletic'' serena do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuEzJEQ9N4

No THEY BLOODY WELL CAN'T !!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #135
country flag FlameOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akFbE...eature=related

a rally the wta players dream of when they sleep.

or this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Yy4tmPuYU

do you get this in the wta ?

can the amazing henin or the ''athletic'' serena do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuEzJEQ9N4

No THEY BLOODY WELL CAN'T !!!!!!
lol those vids are amazing! The Monfils one was kind of stupid though...no wonder he gets injured all the time.

Anyway check this rally, this is pretty good.

An this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bktg4zioVQE

Last edited by TVTennis : 05-16-2010 at 11:27 AM.
FlameOn is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread