Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #106
country flag Jills

Jills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
don't be an smartass, you know i meant 2010
If you're going to be a dumbass, I can be a smartass.

Del Potro ~ Tsonga ~ Simon ~ Chardy ~ Verdasco ~ Djokovic ~ Gasquet

The Federror #1 reign is over for good. The king is dead. Praise Odin!!
Jills is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #107
country flag SRM

SRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond reputeSRM has a reputation beyond repute

Both the ATP and the WTA have their strong points and their shortcomings but I follow both very closely and I cannot envisage myself only following the ATP or the WTA exclusively.

I don't understand why so many people hate the WTA due to grunting, when it's rife on the ATP as well.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #108
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Do you have to follow women's football to be a true football fan?
that's a decent question. I don't see why you have to support WTA to be a true tennis fan, when the same is nowhere near being true of any other sport.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 AM   #109
country flag -Valhalla-
Mais Oui

-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
Waiting for a mens match to start on your court at Grand Slams

Having to wait 3 plus hours for the women to finish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
let's have this discussion at MTF's sister forum TF.......i am Stop da Game over there, and i stop by there once or twice in a year.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Someone asked me the other day "who's your favourite womens player"

And I said "whoever wins the first set".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Serena is a fucking disgrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
I actually get pissed off watching womens tennis.

I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina go at it along with Mandlikova, Sabatini, Graf, Arantxa, and Pierce. I lost interest around 1997 with Hingis and Davenport and then quit watching altogether with the ascendance of Shriekapova and the rest of the wailers. Their blood-curdling screams are simply unbearable and it’s a shame the WTA has done nothing about it

"He who endures, conquers."
- Persius
-Valhalla- is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #110
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valhalla- View Post

I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina go at it along with Mandlikova, Sabatini, Graf, Arantxa, and Pierce. I lost interest around 1997 with Hingis and Davenport and then quit watching altogether with the ascendance of Shriekapova and the rest of the wailers. Their blood-curdling screams are simply unbearable and it’s a shame the WTA has done nothing about it
Hey, Davenport was cool. One of the few women with proper technique off both wings.

Anyway, speaking of Hingis, it looks like she may be making another comeback (just to add to all the other comebacks ), and also playing doubles with none other than Davenport.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #111
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
The WS may sit there and ballbash. But volleying is huge part of Venus' game and she can perform all kinds of volleys including backhand smashes and stuff. So she can be good to watch in that regard.

I'd actually argue that the Williams sisters are much more entertaining to watch than Nadal or Murray.
Drive volleys are not real volleys.

That second bolded comment is an utter joke.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #112
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Drive volleys are not real volleys.

That second bolded comment is an utter joke.
Venus doesn't just do drive volleys.

Last edited by TVTennis : 05-14-2010 at 11:59 PM.
FlameOn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #113
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Venus Williams playing in Wimbledon is the greatest feeling ever. It's just sensational how superb she is on grass. And the more she ages the better she is. She's gonna slay the field this year. Only her GOAT sister can beat her if Venus doesn't bring her A game.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #114
country flag -Valhalla-
Mais Oui

-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Primo Uomo View Post
Watching Venus Williams playing in Wimbledon is the greatest feeling ever.
Better than getting laid?

"He who endures, conquers."
- Persius
-Valhalla- is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #115
country flag e476

e476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the semi-final match at last year's Wimbledon between Serena and Elena Dementieva. The final between the Williams sisters, though, was absolutely horrendous. I personally never want to see another Williams sister final...ever again. In general, the men are just more interesting and the quality is higher. I just find myself not really paying attention to the ladies anymore.
e476 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #116
country flag FlameOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by e476 View Post
I loved the semi-final match at last year's Wimbledon between Serena and Elena Dementieva. The final between the Williams sisters, though, was absolutely horrendous. I personally never want to see another Williams sister final...ever again. In general, the men are just more interesting and the quality is higher. I just find myself not really paying attention to the ladies anymore.
Thanks for bringing up that match! It was really good I agree.

Another classic Wimbledon match - 2005 final, Venus VS Lindsay. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAx3L1V46LY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqbt-...eature=related
Old 05-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #117
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

As tennis playing female, sometimes I do feel kinda embarassed that I really don't have any interest when it's on... and often times mad that it is on. It could quite possibly be due to the fact that it means that the ATP gets less television time (and being in the United States makes that even WORSE... can't even watch on bet365)

But when it comes to watching tennis and playing tennis, I do look at them as two different aspects of my life. When I'm playing tennis, I love the feel of being on the court... the excitement of an ace.... the exhilaration of hitting a winner... and the hilarity of playing doubles with besties.

But when I'm watching ATP tennis, I guess it would be the equivalent of some of the guys here watching Kirilenko play tennis... although I get the enjoyment of watching my tennis player take of their shirt.

There hasn't really been anyone I've followed religiously in WTA, although if I chance upon a Venus match, I will watch. I like her LOADS better than Serena... i like how she looks when she wins... it's so innocent. and that RBK dress that she had at Wimby was GORGEOUS!

That and there is just way more excitement going on in the ATP.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #118
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMEESH View Post
As tennis playing female, sometimes I do feel kinda embarassed that I really don't have any interest when it's on... and often times mad that it is on. It could quite possibly be due to the fact that it means that the ATP gets less television time (and being in the United States makes that even WORSE... can't even watch on bet365)

But when it comes to watching tennis and playing tennis, I do look at them as two different aspects of my life. When I'm playing tennis, I love the feel of being on the court... the excitement of an ace.... the exhilaration of hitting a winner... and the hilarity of playing doubles with besties.

But when I'm watching ATP tennis, I guess it would be the equivalent of some of the guys here watching Kirilenko play tennis... although I get the enjoyment of watching my tennis player take of their shirt.

There hasn't really been anyone I've followed religiously in WTA, although if I chance upon a Venus match, I will watch. I like her LOADS better than Serena... i like how she looks when she wins... it's so innocent. and that RBK dress that she had at Wimby was GORGEOUS!

That and there is just way more excitement going on in the ATP.
To me, there's a list of players you must see playing in each grand slam so you can apprciate tennis:
OZ: SERENA, Sharapova
RG: HENIN, KUZNETSOVA, IVANOVIC, Jankovic, Safina, Serena
Wimbledon: VENUS PERIOD....Serena, Sharapova
USO: VENUS, SHARAPOVA, SERENA, Clijsters, Henin, Kuznetsova? Jankovic

The different surfaces fit them well. My favorite being Venus Williams in Wimbledon. It really doesn't get any better than this (hence her 5titles in 8 finals since 2000!!).

I hardly wtach matches that don't envolve these players. The other players are just mediocre.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #119
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

I *love* Venus at Wimby! She'll probably be my fave WTA player for life.... *prepares for all the backlash* I grew up watching her
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #120
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond reputePolikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

I actually loved women's tennis back when Hingis was at her peak. To me, she's the only player with a game worth watching in the women's tour. I lost interest when all these boring Russians, and ballbashers came into the scene.

To be fair, men's tennis during 2000 to 2002/transition period was boring as fuck. I mean Magnus Norman was once World No. 2.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread