Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #46
country flag Aaric

Aaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMedia View Post
Serena has 12 GS, now tell me that is a disgrace!
The disgrace are not the slams, the disgrace is Serena

DjokovicˇSoderling
Aaric is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #47
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Why are the women personalities better? Is it good when Serena constantly disrespects Henin? That's good personality and good for the game?

and drama is just a positive spin on choking. When a player is up 5-0 and suddenly its 5-4, it is "dramatic". I always hear that the drama makes women tennis better. Once again I don't think its very dramatic when players miss routine shots in the middle of long rallies. "Oh which shot will they miss?" Is that the best of WTA drama?
The venomous personalities that the top women have is what make them interesting. Most of the time, they aren't politically correct and it's refreshing to hear their interviews contrary to the ATP ones (minus Roddick and a few others). The drama I am thinking of is when they stir the pot a little bit before and after the match (Hingis vs. Graf) and you're expecting a cat fight afterwards lol. I'm the last person to claim Serena has a classy personality, but her antics sure are more amusing than what I've seen on the men's side since Safin retired.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #48
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are the women personalities better? Is it good when Serena constantly disrespects Henin? That's good personality and good for the game?

and drama is just a positive spin on choking. When a player is up 5-0 and suddenly its 5-4, it is "dramatic". I always hear that the drama makes women tennis better. Once again I don't think its very dramatic when players miss routine shots in the middle of long rallies. "Oh which shot will they miss?" Is that the best of WTA drama?
Do you follow both tours equally?
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #49
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Another choke today from one of the WTA players I actually like. Dementieva. Lost the first set, but won the 2nd set. Was a double break up at 4-1 and ended up losing 7-5
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #50
country flag r2473

r2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwVbT2as1w&NR=1
r2473 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #51
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Do you follow both tours equally?
No I follow the ATP much more closely. The supposed great personalities are not enough to let the inferior quality go by the wayside for me.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #52
country flag Chiakifug

Chiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond reputeChiakifug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No I follow the ATP much more closely. The supposed great personalities are not enough to let the inferior quality go by the wayside for me.
Well then you dont know their personalities do you? Players like Serena and Safina has ten times the personality of Federer and Nadal, on and off court, and thats just getting started.
Chiakifug is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #53
country flag interruptus25

interruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond reputeinterruptus25 has a reputation beyond repute

kirilenko and ivanovic are the only reasons to watch womens tennis
interruptus25 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #54
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Well then you dont know their personalities do you? Players like Serena and Safina has ten times the personality of Federer and Nadal, on and off court, and thats just getting started.
Is Safina's personality involve crying and slamming a racket on match point at the French Open? I'm sorry I just don't see the personality argument. Plus Serena's personality is not endearing at all to me.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #55
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Serena shits on the whole ATP tour at least twice. She's the GOAT overall. Best serve technique EVER. Best mental fortitude EVER. Funniest player EVER. Don't be mad, Serena is the shit on stick
Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #56
country flag recessional

recessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
I don't hate the WTA, I'm just indifferent. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I do like watching some players, but I don't follow the WTA as closely as I follow the ATP.
this, pretty much.

also, i personally dislike how long some women's matches are. it just goes on and on and on - drives me insane when there's a men's match after it that i want to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
absolute crap, choking errors, terrible matches, weak as fuck 2nd serves, no drama, grunting, boring!!!

Quote:
apart from kirilenko,sharapova,hantouchova,golovin,ivanovic,w ozniacki(not even on show courts, apart from wozniaki and her matches are shite) the chicks are ugly e.g stosur,williams sisters, henin, kutznetsova etc
some of the watchable ones are exactly the ones you just called ugly. so it's either pretty girls playing arguably shit tennis, or "ugly" girls playing good tennis. up to you, really.

Quote:

the women's personalities aren't necessarily better, they're just a lot more different from each other, and there are more top players who aren't afraid to give their honest opinion, which causes more personality clashes.

as for the drama - i guess WTA fans just love the unpredictability. that's what makes women's tennis dramatic and arguably, more enjoyable.

Quote:
Is Safina's personality involve crying and slamming a racket on match point at the French Open? I'm sorry I just don't see the personality argument. Plus Serena's personality is not endearing at all to me.
dinara safina is utterly adorable.

just saying.
recessional is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #57
country flag Il Primo Uomo

Il Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond reputeIl Primo Uomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I don't hate it, in fact I like it.

Oh Lord. Don't act all moderate, you don't just like WTA.
You IZ trolling everyday on TF, talking ish about the Williams Sisters and trying to diss them while stanning for irrelevant bitches.
I still don't get why you have yet to be permabanned after all these years of fuckery. Prolly licking the cum off those biased, stupid and lame mods's dick.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #58
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #59
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

I like both tours, but 75% WTA and 25% ATP
The WTA is more exciting for me. It is very unpredictable these days but the new calendar is to blame. And apart from Martinez Sanchez in Rome, no fluke has won a masters (PM or P5) event. Dulgheru won Warsaw last year (equivalent to ATP 500) but now she is playing very well and she's a clay GOAT

I love the drama, personalities, and some players actually are great players
And there have been some great matches too

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #60
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

I actually get pissed off watching womens tennis.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread