Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Someone asked me the other day "who's your favourite womens player"

And I said "whoever wins the first set".

Seriuously women's tennis is just no good. There used to be a little bit of interest when the game play was different. But now they all try to play like men(because of the williams) and all it does is make for a much lesser version of the men's game.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
country flag Acer

Acer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond reputeAcer has a reputation beyond repute

Serena is a fucking disgrace
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
let's have this discussion at MTF's sister forum TF.......i am Stop da Game over there, and i stop by there once or twice in a year.......
that was funny.

All of the above except the last one.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
country flag siddy

siddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond reputesiddy has a reputation beyond repute

I actually liked the WTA quite a lot back in the nineties (I still have fond memories of some Graf-Sanchez Vicario matches). I loved the tour up until Hingis -- and then Williams dominance onwards I've stopped watching it on a regular basis. I agree that they started playing like men and therefore lost a lot of attraction they held earlier. The number of injuries and lack of dominance at the non-slams also hurts. I think Henin is exceptionally good but can't say I care for others. That said, I still watch the women's matches at the grand slams cos it's generally better than most of the other tournaments.
siddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
country flag Judio

Judio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond reputeJudio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
Waiting for a mens match to start on your court at Grand Slams

Having to wait 3 plus hours for the women to finish
Serena started at 12 today

She finished at 1540 !!!
Judio is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #21
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
This.
+1. Terrible, especially when you're a European and it's the AO or USO you're watching, aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

I like watching WTA.It's unpredictable,who would've thought Martinez could win a Master last week
Old 05-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

I used to like WTA more because you'd actually get to see some point construction, more so than on the ATP. Williams sisters ruined the tour. Now the only people able to compete are man-esque players like Stosur or heffers like Bartoli and Kleybanova. Now all the pretty, thin girls in the cute outfits never get on TV anymore.

NADAL - MATOSEVIC - BORG
TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - BROWN - NALBANDIAN - WAWRINKA

HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN
SCHNYDER - HANTUCHOVA - SCHETT - MAURESMO - CLIJSTERS
RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - JANKOVIC

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

I admit the quality is pretty bad at times and stuff, but I don't 'hate' it. I do follow it but no where as near as closely as I follow the ATP.

I'll say i'm indifferent about the matter.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #26
country flag dodo

dodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond repute

The level of play is just horrid compared to men. Random bread-and-butter shots end up in the net or backboard constantly, its like watching two Federers in a Masters event. And it feels like the whole thing is in slow-motion. Balls that would be crushed by any ATP player end up being clean winners.

That said, I will gladly watch Henin vs Clijsters, the only two serious players.
dodo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #27
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Totally agree.
I really don´t like this men/women combinded tournaments like Madrid, Memphis etc. Especially at the GS it´s so annoying...

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
country flag christallh24

christallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond repute

The same reason why I hate the ATP now. Federer...

But seriously, Serena. And now Serena and Henin.
christallh24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #29
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

I dislike it because I find it boring and the quality just isn't the same in the ways I find most important Eurosport only ever showing WTA matches doesn't help either.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #30
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly indifference for me, though I keep an eye out for results of some players I like e.g. Dementieva, Wickmayer, Venus.
Sillyrabbit is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread