Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #151
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
haha like every wta match, does a wta player ever get over a 50% 1st serve average
You missed the point. It doesn't take nearly as long for a routine 3 set match to finish than it does a routine 5 set match.

Quote:
atleast santoro had a bit off class, guy was a legend, played until 36 i think, same can't say the said about bartoli
Well it certainly can be said of Seles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #152
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Too many reasons to state, the thing that bothers me most about the WTA is that they have the nerve and the cheek to have got equal prizemoney at Slams when they don't bring as much revenue as the guys, yet the men are subsidising them. It's pro sport and not communism, it's not hard to see which tour brings in the biggest crowds and revenue on a global scale.

Venus Williams and Mirza at the AO that shit should have been moved to another court.

As for the womens football argument that is rubbish as well. Are they good and talented at what they do, yes they are and they deserve respect for making it in their chosen field. They aren't as good as the men pure and simple, the crowds, advertising and broadcasting revenue reflect this, therefore they don't earn as much and this is not sexism.

Bigger, faster, stronger and tennis being played at a higher overall level on the ATP, it's not that hard to understand.

exactly, i'm not saying men are better than women, that is a feeble arguement used by wta lovers. i'm saying wta is played at an extremely low-level and they should not gain the same credit as the men!!!
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #153
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
You missed the point. It doesn't take nearly as long for a routine 3 set match to finish than it does a routine 5 set match.

Well it certainly can be said of Seles.
that was ages ago, stop living in the past

bartoli=present
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #154
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Too many reasons to state, the thing that bothers me most about the WTA is that they have the nerve and the cheek to have got equal prizemoney at Slams when they don't bring as much revenue as the guys, yet the men are subsidising them. It's pro sport and not communism, it's not hard to see which tour brings in the biggest crowds and revenue on a global scale.

Venus Williams and Mirza at the AO that shit should have been moved to another court.

As for the womens football argument that is rubbish as well. Are they good and talented at what they do, yes they are and they deserve respect for making it in their chosen field. They aren't as good as the men pure and simple, the crowds, advertising and broadcasting revenue reflect this, therefore they don't earn as much and this is not sexism.

Bigger, faster, stronger and tennis being played at a higher overall level on the ATP, it's not that hard to understand.
Where is the evidence of this?

It's bigger, faster and stronger because, men are bigger, faster, stronger. Doesn't necessarily translate into better, or more importantly, more entertaining.

The whole idea of the men getting paid more is so ridiculous to me. I still can't believe it took so long for the women to get paid equally.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #155
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's bigger, faster and stronger because, men are bigger, faster, stronger. Doesn't necessarily translate into better, or more importantly, more entertaining.

The whole idea of the men getting paid more is so ridiculous to me. I still can't believe it took so long for the women to get paid equally.
Are you straight?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #156
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

While hate is too strong of a word, I feel rather embarrassment by my co-gender tennis players game. They can't serve, can't hold after a break, most matches are in the "who chokes the least wins" category and the ones that have some game are mentally midgets. No farther than last week in Rome the match between Serena and Jankovic(two Number 1s, btw ) was a error fest that could have fit very well as a Tales from teh Crypt episode so horrific it was
WTA wasn't like that always. I don't know what happened, but these days it seems more important the on-court outfit and the Tiffany earrings than the actual game
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #157
country flag dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Are you straight?
What's that got to do with anything?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #158
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
exactly, i'm not saying men are better than women, that is a feeble arguement used by wta lovers. i'm saying wta is played at an extremely low-level and they should not gain the same credit as the men!!!

:retard:
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #159
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
While hate is too strong of a word, I feel rather embarrassment by my co-gender tennis players game. They can't serve, can't hold after a break, most matches are in the "who chokes the least wins" category and the ones that have some game are mentally midgets. No farther than last week in Rome the match between Serena and Jankovic(two Number 1s, btw ) was a error fest that could have fit very well as a Tales from teh Crypt episode so horrific it was
WTA wasn't like that always. I don't know what happened, but these days it seems more important the on-court outfit and the Tiffany earrings than the actual game
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Are you straight?
GET THE F**K IN!!!!!!!!!

why do people think venus is so good to watch. Shes like a worse version of igor andreev without the heavy topspin

watch li vs williams ausopen 2010, worst match of the year so far in all tennis!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #160
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Which tour generates more money the ATP that is obvious, if this was not the case then the WTA events would have higher rights for TV deals, their tournaments would have a greater prizemoney pool than the men, revenue from ticketing and advertising would be greater therefore generating to a larger income base than the ATP.

If you can't see that, then you are practicing selective eyesight.

So are you a communist? They absolutely have no economic reason to stand on to demand equal prizemoney. Women golfers, basketball, volleyballers and footballers don't get it and don't deserve to have it either, it's not because they are shit at what they do.

Can't judge entertainment value, but if that was the case and the women actually generated more cash than the guys then they would deserve more than the men.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #161
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's that got to do with anything?
Because everyone who supports equal prize money seems to be gay.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #162
Banned!

The WWE Divas are more entertaining than WTA tennis players.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #163
Banned!

wheres the entertainment in the wta?

how is watching sweaty butch chicks trying to play tennis whilst choking and crapping all over the sport in general entertaining
Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #164
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

If women want the same money, they should have to play against the men. Laughable, I know, but so is the concept of equal money for non-equal work.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #165
Banned!

imagine rafa vs serena, haha shed be scared senseless. Federer would crush henin too, love to see him drill forehands to her little backhand and then finish up with a bh winner, would teach her how to hit a real bh
Closed Thread