Why do you hate the WTA? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Why do you hate the WTA?

The amount of chokers/headcases? 88 34.24%
The grunting? 64 24.90%
The amount of slamless #1s? 48 18.68%
The top seeds lose early at all the big events 41 15.95%
Serena's the #1 player 63 24.51%
At least a dozen journeywomen have more #1 wins than the current world #2 43 16.73%
The quality just sucks 120 46.69%
Other reason 26 10.12%
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent 34 13.23%
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. 83 32.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #136
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you hate the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
lol those vids are amazing! The Monfils one was kind of stupid though...no wonder he gets injured all the time.

Anyway check this rally, this is pretty good.

fuck me i knew i shouldn't have watched that. looks as though the guy/girl who posted this, edited this in slow motion, o wait its actually how they play. no angle,grunting, no footwork and no freaking crowd or atmosphere. mary jo's voice pisses me off aswel, if lindsay commentated or even flipping sue barker i might actually watch 10 seconds of it
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #137
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ the commentator wanting to watch atp instead.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #138
Banned!

radwanska can't slice for shit, an 80 year old grandpa would be better
Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #139
Banned!

why do they look so lethargic all the damn time and anything which has demientievas sorry thing for a serve in it, cannot be called good
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #140
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Hey don't get me wrong I prefer ATP by far.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #141
Banned!

Quote:
Hey don't get me wrong I prefer ATP by far.
hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thats what i like to hear. i feel bad for the wta fans and their huge inferiority complex towards the atp. The atp is just better than the wta in every aspect. its okay i understand how hard it is to keep sane liking that garbage, i feel for you guys, just please, the wta should be taking to a sewage pipe and dumped in shit
Old 05-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #142
Banned!

except for ivanovic,sharapova,kirilenko,halep,cristea,hantouc hova that is
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #143
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

It must get frustrating for a WTA supporter having to watch a long 5 set mens match but at least you get to watch high quality tennis unlike the stuff we have to go through when you see a match between two players who can barely hit the ball in they are choking that badly and one of them had the match practically won a set ago and the other had it won a couple of games ago.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #144
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
It must get frustrating for a WTA supporter having to watch a long 5 set mens match but at least you get to watch high quality tennis unlike the stuff we have to go through when you see a match between two players who can barely hit the ball in they are choking that badly and one of them had the match practically won a set ago and the other had it won a couple of games ago.
5 set men's matches. I must admit, even the best WTA match ever played wouldn't touch the '08 Wimbly final or '09 AO semi, to name a few.

Can you believe that Wozniacki is #3 in the world right now? And was only #2 last week. And look at the way she plays. I've never seen a top player with such horrible stroke technique in my life.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #145
Banned!

Quote:
5 set men's matches. I must admit, even the best WTA match ever played wouldn't touch the '08 Wimbly final or '09 AO semi, to name a few.

Can you believe that Wozniacki is #3 in the world right now? And was only #2 last week. And look at the way she plays. I've never seen a top player with such horrible stroke technique in my life.

i agree wozniacki is a joke, why is she playing tennis anway??, even worse is bartoli and her ''different'' strokes,i laugh when watching her play, its horrifying. How the heck did she make a wimby final,some tour the wta is

WTA AT ITS BEST
Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #146
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
5 set matches have got to go? I would honestly give up watching the ATP if that happened. It would kill the suspense. 5 set matches are much better tests of stamina and endurance and more likely to see changes in momentum. I love them.

I take it you've already given up watching most of the ATP as it's 3 sets everywhere outside of the Slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thats what i like to hear. i feel bad for the wta fans and their huge inferiority complex towards the atp. The atp is just better than the wta in every aspect. its okay i understand how hard it is to keep sane liking that garbage, i feel for you guys, just please, the wta should be taking to a sewage pipe and dumped in shit

It would seem you are the one with the inferiority complex because you have to repeat the bolded part over and over again. Why are you so threatened, the WTA is shit, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post

Don't get me wrong. I love a good 5 set classic. The last couple of Wimbledon finals, last year's AO final, excellent stuff. What I can't stand is when the outcome of a match is never in doubt, but it still takes three sets (and usually over two hours) to finish.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #147
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Don't get me wrong. I love a good 5 set classic. The last couple of Wimbledon finals, last year's AO final, excellent stuff. What I can't stand is when the outcome of a match is never in doubt, but it still takes three sets (and usually over two hours) to finish.
haha like every wta match, does a wta player ever get over a 50% 1st serve average
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #148
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
i agree wozniacki is a joke, why is she playing tennis anway??, even worse is bartoli and her ''different'' strokes,i laugh when watching her play, its horrifying. How the heck did she make a wimby final,some tour the wta is
Don't hate Marion, she's Federer's no.1 fan.

There have been ATP players with 2 hands on both sides too you know.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #149
Banned!

atleast santoro had a bit off class, guy was a legend, played until 36 i think, same can't say the said about bartoli
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #150
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Too many reasons to state, the thing that bothers me most about the WTA is that they have the nerve and the cheek to have got equal prizemoney at Slams when they don't bring as much revenue as the guys, yet the men are subsidising them. It's pro sport and not communism, it's not hard to see which tour brings in the biggest crowds and revenue on a global scale.

Venus Williams and Mirza at the AO that shit should have been moved to another court.

As for the womens football argument that is rubbish as well. Are they good and talented at what they do, yes they are and they deserve respect for making it in their chosen field. They aren't as good as the men pure and simple, the crowds, advertising and broadcasting revenue reflect this, therefore they don't earn as much and this is not sexism.

Bigger, faster, stronger and tennis being played at a higher overall level on the ATP, it's not that hard to understand.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread