Giuliani: momentum to propel Kagan to the Supreme Court of the United States - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #31
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elena Kagan to be President Obama's Supreme Court nominee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
what do you think of marco rubio then?
I've donated the maximum amount legally permitted to Charlie Crist. That should about answer your question.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #32
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

i feel you and "your party" are going down very different paths these days.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #33
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live in Florida, PD?
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #34
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

White House on Kagan for Supreme Court: No Decision Yet
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?i...0&rss=newswire

Tony Mauro
The National Law Journal
May 07, 2010
The White House is knocking down rumors racing across Washington, D.C., today that President Obama has decided on Solicitor General Elena Kagan as the next nominee to the Supreme Court, and that he'll announce it on Monday. "Pure speculation," a White House official told BLT this morning, adding that no decision has been made.
The proximate cause of all the speculation is Mike Allen's widely read Playbook on Politico, which said this morning to "look for" both things -- Kagan and Monday -- to be true, though Allen adds, "The pick isn't official, but top White House aides will be shocked if it's otherwise." Allen even predicted how the news would come out -- via a leak to the Associated Press on Sunday.
In spite of Allen's hedging, advocacy groups this morning have been offering to be quoted on Kagan's nomination as if it's a done deal. It began to seem possible that even if Allen is correct -- which may still be the case -- the announcement could be moved up to today to keep things from spiraling out of control. The latest yellow-light signal from the White House may slow down that speculation, at least for awhile.

This article first appeared on The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #35
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
Do you live in Florida, PD?
We are snowbirds.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #36
country flag prima donna
Banned!

If Elena Kagan were to be confirmed, she would join Ruth Bader Ginsburg, making her the second Jewish female sitting on the Supreme Court.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #37
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Separated at Birth

Elena Kagan:

UK comedian David Mitchell:

Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #38
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Let us not be superficial. Kagan is quite an astute woman.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #39
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Let us not be superficial. Kagan is quite an astute woman.
Her astuteness is not in question; she's a first-rate legal scholar.

But I still much prefer Wood. She's the most Stevens-esque of the likely candidates. Those confirmation hearings would be nightmarish, though.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #40
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Kagan under fire on Goldman, minorities

Solicitor General Elena Kagan is viewed, inside the White House and out, as the favorite to be nominated for the Supreme Court.
She's a favorite in part because she's so confirmable, with many allies on the right whom she made while broadening the ideological diversity of Harvard Law School. And she's taken a couple of fairly hard blows from the left today, the first being the report in USA Today that she was a paid adviser to corporate enemy No. 1, Goldman Sachs, at a time when the White House is trying to cast its court pick as a chance to steer the court toward favoring plaintiffs over corporations.
Four minority law professors, meanwhile, complain in Salon that the diversity in her hiring didn't extend beyond ideology: She hired, they write, "largely white men."
These aren't issues likely to trigger a Republican filibuster. They're aimed to tilt the balance away from her at a decisive moment. And the law professors have another favorite, the same judge most liberal groups quietly say they'd prefer:
"A knowledgeable source tells us that Seventh Circuit Judge Diane Wood has had a splendid history of hiring women and minorities as law clerks," they write
Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #41
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Glenn Beck isn't a conservative, he's a fascist, he's just someone who would say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, just to gain ratings on his rubbish fox show. Thank GOD Fox news isn't as popular as CNN/BBC worldwide. (Well though fox news would say they produce BALANCED news )

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #42
country flag prima donna
Banned!

I must say, after having reviewed Judge Diane Wood's record, she appears to espouse sensibilities and values which are congruent to those of liberals. Liberals hate Kagan for all the reasons I find her appealing, which normally wouldn't raise a red flag, were it not for the fact that she's being nominated by a man whom many regard as a liberal.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #43
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Is she a relative to Lazar Kaganovich?
zeleni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 AM   #44
country flag prima donna
Banned!

NBC: Obama to name Kagan for high court

Kagan, 50, is currently solicitor general; would be court's third woman

Jose Luis Magana / ASSOCIATED PRESS
Elena Kagan, currently the United States solicitor general, served as Dean of Harvard Law School from 2003 to 2009.
View related photos

breaking news
NBC News and news services
updated 12 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will nominate U.S. Solicitor General Elena Kagan to serve as an associate justice on the U.S. Supreme Court, NBC News’ Pete Williams reported late Sunday night.
Kagan, 50, served as the Dean of Harvard Law School from 2003 to 2009. Obama nominated her to serve in her current post as solicitor general early in 2009, and she won Senate confirmation by a vote of 61-31. She is the first woman to serve as solicitor general of the United States.
She was widely viewed as a front-runner when Obama was considering candidates for a Supreme Court opening last year, but the president ultimately chose Sonia Sotomayor for the job.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Some liberal critics have said that Kagan's views on executive power and the treatment of terrorist detainees are too conservative.
If confirmed, Kagan will fill the vacancy left by retiring Justice John Paul Stevens. Stevens, 90, announced his decision to retire on April 9 after nearly 35 years of service on the high court.
NBC News’ Pete Williams contributed to this report.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:49 AM   #45
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Default Re: NBC: Obama to name Kagan for high court - would be third woman; second Jewish wo

Let the games begin. The far-right, misogynistic troglodytes have begun their attack on Kagan:
NRO's Judicial Attack Dog Calls Elena Kagan A Prostitute
http://mediamatters.org/press/releases/201005090009