Giuliani: momentum to propel Kagan to the Supreme Court of the United States - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elena Kagan to be President Obama's Supreme Court nominee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
However, I'm skeptical because she's been nominated by Obama, and I'm going to be skeptical of anything he does after the "stimulus" and health-care debacles. .
In other words, your skepticism is merely reflexive. Fair enough.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #17
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elena Kagan to be President Obama's Supreme Court Nominee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
Glenn Beck would dig up dirt on anyone, Republican
Name one.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMedia View Post
scoobs, you are into american politics?

I think it is great to have a women in the seat! STOP WORRYING ABOUT HER SEXUALITY! It doesnt matter!
Yeah I'm a bit of a political junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Elena Kagan is regarded as the least controversial candidate, primarily due to the fact that very little dirt can be found that would indicate views contrary to the mainstream. It's not out of the question, but Republicans will find it difficult to provide justification for doing so.

Also, I'm fairly sure that a vote or two could be mustered. Perhaps in the form of, say, Lindsey Graham who voted in favor of Justice Sotomayor.
Oh I agree, she's not someone who can easily be dismissed by the GOP as a dangerous leftist, though some may well try - in fact it seems likely that Obama will get some criticism from the left rather than the right for this pick for perhaps not being liberal enough. And she doesn't have much in the way of historical decisions or writings on controversial issues, which these days is a positive advantage for any scotus nominee. Her confirmation hearings will be crucial though, will the Republicans get anything on her? I think if she is nominated, though, she will probably be confirmed without masses of drama.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

i don't get you anymore, pd. what happened to you while you were gone?
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In other words, your skepticism is merely reflexive. Fair enough.
Correct. My skepticism will continue until I have a reason to assume otherwise.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #21
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Oh I agree, she's not someone who can easily be dismissed by the GOP as a dangerous leftist, though some may well try - in fact it seems likely that Obama will get some criticism from the left rather than the right for this pick for perhaps not being liberal enough.
And just to buttress your point, here's a sample from HuffingtonPost.com:

FREEDOM BELL 32 minutes ago (1:11 PM)
33 Fans
I hope this is not true.

Obama criticized the Citizens United decision but will nominate the woman who botched the government's arguments against it? The woman who practically argued in favor of the Court's eventual decision?

As a senator, Obama worried about the power of the executive branch. Kagenis is closer to Roberts on that subject than to Senator Obama.

Kagen is not a closet liberal. She is a Conservative. That is why she was able to talk the liberals professors at Harvard Law School into hiring conservative professors. THAT is how she brought people together to create consensus. She will be a CONSERVATIVE JUSTICE.

I hope he does not nominate Kagen.

For a Constitutional Law Professor, Obama is a huge disappointment. How dare he authorize the killing of an American citizen without trial or due process. He demonstrated knowledge of constitutional law during the election but doesn't seem to remember it now.

Obama did not run as a moderate. That is a myth promulgated to explain his flip-flops. Obama ran as a liberal (maybe a 1970 moderate) and is clearly a BIG LIAR. He is a corporatist and I'm sure Kagen is the choice of his corporatist masters.

The main difference between Obama and the Republicans is that the only women Republicans like are beauty queens.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #22
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Name one.
It's no secret that Glenn Beck dislikes Teddy Roosevelt, John McCain, both Bushes, and any number of similar establishment Republicans. He lumps them in with "Progressives". He claims to be a constitutional-conservative, in fact I may have even heard him use the term libertarian, although he's hated by many libertarians. He doesn't like the modern Republican party and it's "compassionate conservatism". His speech at CPAC a few months ago was practically a diatribe against Republicans. Do a google search. I'm sure you can find it online.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #23
country flag Chip_s_m

Here you go:

Glenn Beck: "John McCain would have been worse for the country than Barack Obama"

Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
i don't get you anymore, pd. what happened to you while you were gone?
Republicans have run out of ideas, and instead have decided to placate the lowest common denominator of our society by fomenting gender-based and race-based animus. Glenn Beck and Limbaugh, of course, are used as surrogates. Oh well, such a strategy excludes me, as I prefer to base my decisions on substance.

Race and sexuality are mundane topics. A party that appeals to the emotions is, by definition, irrational and erratic. Perhaps I'll follow the path of Charlie Crist.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #25
country flag prima donna
Banned!

How daring. What "conservative" hasn't been critical of John McCain ? Glenn Beck nightly contrives far-fetched conspiracy theories, many of which involve references to Marxism, the Holocaust, and the "dangerous left." It's television for partisan children. Glenn Beck was invited to the White House by President Bush, yet you seem apt to pretend that his criticism doesn't disproportionately target Democrats.

I'd prefer a well-learned Democrat to a man of Glenn Beck's ilk.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #26
country flag Chip_s_m

And here he is on his radio show labeling both Bush and McCain as "progressives".

http://www.politicususa.com/en/Beck-Bush-McCain
Old 05-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Republicans have run out of ideas, and instead have decided to placate the lowest common denominator of our society by fomenting gender-based and race-based animus. Glenn Beck and Limbaugh, of course, are used as surrogates. Oh well, such a strategy excludes me, as I prefer to base my decisions on substance.
"i'm for whatever works". does that ring a bell? i mean, are you really okay?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #28
country flag Chip_s_m

Quote:
How daring. What "conservative" hasn't been critical of John McCain ? Glenn Beck nightly contrives far-fetched conspiracy theories, many of which involve references to Marxism, the Holocaust, and the "dangerous left." It's television for partisan children. Glenn Beck was invited to the White House by President Bush, yet you seem apt to pretend that his criticism doesn't disproportionately target Democrats.

I'd prefer a well-learned Democrat to a man of Glenn Beck's ilk.
You asked what Republicans he's criticized. I produced. I don't think it's insignificant that he's blasted the most recent Republican president, the party's most recent presidential nominee, and a Republican president who is regarded as a hero by many within the party.

I never said that the recipients of his criticism are divided evenly, just that he is an "equal-opportunity critic". There is a difference. He's not a party shill. If he dislikes your stance he will criticize you. It doesn't matter what party you're in.

Last edited by Chip_s_m : 05-07-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #29
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
"i'm for whatever works". does that ring a bell? i mean, are you really okay?
There's a stark difference between distributing questionable pamphlets and actually inciting civil unrest. The puppeteer has now become the puppet, no longer are we able to keep hidden the embarrassingly odious social conservatives who have infested and hijacked our party. Republicans need to start behaving as sophisticated, well-learned gentlemen. Enough of the tea bags and racial epithets in public. Save it for the trailer park.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #30
country flag Stensland

what do you think of marco rubio then?