Road to Roland-Garros 2010 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #61
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road to Roland-Garros 2010

I didn't watch it, but the articles sound like it was a truly awful display from him and he's looking completely lost out there. Weird how he can totally lose the thread in the middle of the clay season after a very decent start...
Are the WDR videos working outside of Germany, btw?
http://www.wdr.de/tv/sport_live/
I only watched the last game and it's terrible.

He's playing in doubles with Kas now, but it seems our coverage only starts at 13:00 here.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #62
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

like i said i hope something happens to get his confidence back soon or he'll be out in the first round of roland garros.

maybe the doubles win, if he can win that will help a bit

the scoreline is 3-6, 4-1 right now

well..philipp lost the doubles match 3-6, 6-3, 5-10

thats his 4th loss in a row now

Last edited by misty1 : 05-17-2010 at 01:24 PM.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #63
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

At least his interviews crack me up. He says his shots are so slow atm that he's able to read what is written on the ball after hitting it. It started about 10 days ago, he's physically perfectly fine, but he has absolutely no energy on the court and his game is a complete mess. He has no explanation for it. He's been reading a lot about sports psychology, he sounds very perplexed by what is going on with him. He says it's quite scary. And he admits it's not easy for other people to help him since he's such "a loudmouth" at times.
http://www.rp-online.de/duesseldorf/...id_857707.html
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #64
country flag Truc

He seems to be playing better today.

An interview on the German ES about RG, but nothing really new:
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/180520...-groesser.html
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #65
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

he.s up 6-3, 2-3 over horacio zeballos right now and only allowed 8 points on return, faced no break point so maybe he's getting back on track
Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #66
country flag Truc

Poor him, he looked so nervous for a freaking WTC match (the post-match interview was quite funny again – "ich bin eigentlich ganz lieb" ).
It was much better. Zeballos wasn't great, but the serve and the groundstrokes looked normal when I was watching.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #67
country flag misty1
Banned!

i'm just happy he finally got a win
Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #68
country flag HoistDaColors

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
At least his interviews crack me up. He says his shots are so slow atm that he's able to read what is written on the ball after hitting it. It started about 10 days ago, he's physically perfectly fine, but he has absolutely no energy on the court and his game is a complete mess. He has no explanation for it. He's been reading a lot about sports psychology, he sounds very perplexed by what is going on with him. He says it's quite scary. And he admits it's not easy for other people to help him since he's such "a loudmouth" at times.
http://www.rp-online.de/duesseldorf/...id_857707.html
Like always, he's honest (sometimes too much).

I really wish he would get back on track like the beginning of 2008, when he won auckland and blasted Roddick out of the AO. He's not getting any younger and with his talent, he really should amass more than just 2 singles trophies.
HoistDaColors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #69
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

ATP says he was inspired by the presence of Boris Becker there
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #70
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He defeats Troicki today! Didn't see the match and it was a tough win from the SB, but a decent one. Was trailing 3-1 in the 2nd set, good come-back.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #71
country flag Truc

He still seems very nervous, he was in a rage when he got broken at 1-0 in the 2nd set and smashed his racquet like crazy, I had never seen him like that. At that point of the match, in a dead rubber, it was weird, to say the least...
But his game was looking better, judging by the few bits I saw.

They had a really bad loss yesterday in doubles, which I didn't see, but Kas says that he was plain awful, so it wasn't just Kohli's fault.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #72
country flag misty1
Banned!

weird..

atleast he's getting the w's again and hopefully he'll be feeling better going into the french

maybe he got so worked up because of how germany has done here and he's frustrated that they are 0-2 and that got to him.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #73
country flag Ad Wim

This win is also worth 35 points. He just can't do it by himself, but I hope this last win gives him confidence going into RG.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #74
country flag misty1
Banned!

oh i know, i was just speculating about why he might throw such a tantrum after going down only 0-1 in the 2nd