Sick, Pathetic, Greedy Fixing Will Never Go Away- Amazing Snooker Scandal - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick, Pathetic, Greedy Fixing Will Never Go Away- Amazing Snooker Scandal

When I saw this headline I thought it was old news uncovered about Alex Higgins, who would certainly have needed the money for his booze and fags. But clean-cut John Higgins, unbelievable!

Sorry Alex for even thinking this about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #17
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick, Pathetic, Greedy Fixing Will Never Go Away- Amazing Snooker Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
It baffles me how these people always manage to embarrass themselves even more.

It reminds me of that Scottish bloke who went to ER with a bottle of wine inside his arse and said the bottle was on the pavement and he was smoking on his balcony, slipped, fell off, his trousers and pants slipped down during the fall and he just landed on the bottle.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

i want believe in him

John Higgins suspended in snooker bribe probe

World number one John Higgins has been suspended from all future tournaments after reportedly agreeing to take a Ł261,000 bribe to lose frames.

World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn said he had to take "drastic action" following the News of the World report.

The paper says it has video of Higgins and manager Pat Mooney making a deal.

There is no suggestion Higgins has ever thrown a frame or fixed a match and he said: "I have never been involved in any form of snooker match-fixing."

The newspaper's video reportedly shows Mr Higgins and Mr Mooney meeting with an undercover reporter in Kiev, Ukraine, and agreeing to alter the outcome of frames in return for money.

In response to the allegations, Mr Higgins released a statement protesting his innocence, stating: "My conscience is 100% clear.

BBC team on Higgins allegations

"In my 18 years playing professional snooker I have never deliberately missed a shot, never mind intentionally lost a frame or a match."

Mr Mooney, who has since resigned from the board of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBS), is reported to have told the News of the World: "You have no idea what the circumstances were in Kiev, that's why I have no comment.

"But we were genuinely in fear for our safety."

And that is a claim supported by Mr Higgins.

"In all honesty I became very worried at the way the conversation developed in Kiev," he added.

"When it was suggested that I throw frames in return for large sums of money, I was really spooked. I just wanted to get out of the hotel and onto the plane home.

"I didn't know if this was the Russian Mafia or who we were dealing with. At that stage I felt the best course of action was just to play along with these guys and get out of Russia."

Promoter Mr Hearn said a decision on the situation would be taken in "days and weeks" rather than "months and months", with the new season set to start in July.

Everybody is in shock. Everyone's walking around in bits
Steve Davis

"I take the view that this is a very serious matter. It is a matter that affects the integrity of the sport potentially, therefore we have a responsibility not just to our snooker fans (but to) our broadcast partners, our sponsors, anyone who's associated with the sport. This has to be dealt with quickly."

But he warned the "survival" of snooker was now "under pressure" and explained why Higgins had been suspended.

"While we are not saying John Higgins is guilty of anything, we feel the revelations are such that he has a case to answer," said Mr Hearn.

"While that process is under way, he will be suspended.

"The message is clear to anyone involved in snooker, any doubts about the integrity of the game will not be tolerated by this administration, and they will be dealt with in a very harsh but fair manner."

Mr Hearn also told the BBC that anyone found guilty of match fixing would receive "a very, very, very lengthy ban".

Six-time world champion Steve Davis was stunned by the news on what he called "a dark day for snooker".

"Everybody is in shock. Everyone's walking around in bits," said Mr Davis, who unexpectedly knocked Mr Higgins out of the World Championships in the second round.

Asked whether Mr Hearn might be tempted to walk away from snooker, Mr Davis replied: "There is the possibility that with Barry Hearn in the process of taking the game over, he may be able to cut the cancer out of it from day one."

Barry Hearn

Hearn plots snooker revolution

Earlier Mr Hearn said he was "absolutely mortified" and the story had come as a "huge shock".

"It was as if someone kicked me in the stomach. We are working very hard on the reinvigoration of the game and this is a huge backward step," he said.

"Those responsible, if proved, will be dealt with in a very harsh and brutal way. People have a right to see pure sport - that's what I want snooker to be."

Meanwhile, Mr Hearn has spoken to Mr Mooney, who also manages World Championship finalist Greame Dott, and told the BBC: "Mr Mooney has got his own reasons - I won't say say excuses - for why he believes he was set up for this.

"But I don't want to go into that, that is for Mr Mooney. What I want to do is make sure the integrity of the sport is protected at any cost and at all times.

"If there is any doubt about that integrity, as chairman I have to be seen to be acting instantly to put that right.

"We have the responsibility not just to our players but to our sponsors and TV broadcasters, to show the game is above repute. "

The newspaper alleges the sports star inquired at the meeting about the best ways to conceal the 300,000 euros ($398,000) to be received for losing frames in four separate matches later this year.

In a published transcript, Mr Higgins, 34, from Wishaw, North Lanarkshire, says it would be easy to affect the outcome of a frame.

I want to meet with the players on Wednesday anyway to discuss it. And this is now top of the agenda
Barry Hearn

Many bookmakers now offer the option of betting on individual frames.

After transforming the popularity of darts as chairman of the Professional Darts Corporation, Mr Hearn became chairman of the WPBSA in December.

He recently proposed an overhaul of the sport including rule changes and boxing-style introductions for the players and admitted these allegations could damage the sport long term.

"I've known John Higgins for a long long time," said Mr Hearn.

"Pat Mooney is a co-director of the WPBSA, the governing body of snooker, and it's come as just a huge shock and obviously an enormous blow to the integrity of the sport which is vital as everyone knows for the expansion plans we have."

He said the newspaper allegations had forced him to consider his plans for the sport.

"I want to meet with the players on Wednesday anyway to discuss it. And this is now top of the agenda," he said.

The World Snooker Championship final between Dott and Neil Robertson in Sheffield takes place on Sunday and Monday.

Mr Higgins, who was made an MBE in 2008 and is married with three children, is the current world champion, provisional world number one and has won a total of 21 ranking titles.

And Higgins added: "Those who know me are aware of my love for snooker and that I would never do anything to damage the integrity of the sport I love."
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's a plausible excuse, whether I believe it or not is irrelevant.

If the scummy tabloid had given a shit about anything other than their scoop they could've followed it up and tried to nail him for real.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #20
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

i see now that was a bad tabloid
maybe he was also so scary to report them
this is plausible too

i hope "justice" can fix the trust as soon as possible,i want see higgy back "on court" soon

and hope his lawers will kick the tabloid ass
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Higgins digging a even deeper hole here, his statement is pure lies, sorry john but you were game for this, the whole world can see for their themselves that this was legit and organised to happen.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #22
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

the news of the world does anything to frame people, stoops to any level in order to sell newspapers and i find higgins's excuse plausible. with that being said, it is a bad day for snooker.
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #23
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
and hope his lawers will kick the tabloid ass
the news of the world has a massive fund set up for making legal payments. they make a habit of accusing anyone of anything and don't care about the consequences as long as they sell newspapers. several times they have just blatantly lied. however, this is on camera.....
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
country flag Betty

i know it Chris..disgusting is play with other life..

FORZA INTER
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Clydey is the only Scot so far to comment... How are the other Scots handling this?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #26
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

pathetic excuse

it didnt seem a conversation full of pressure John. And scared as you were you had to ask how you'd get the 300k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
It baffles me how these people always manage to embarrass themselves even more.

It reminds me of that Scottish bloke who went to ER with a bottle of wine inside his arse and said the bottle was on the pavement and he was smoking on his balcony, slipped, fell off, his trousers and pants slipped down during the fall and he just landed on the bottle.
could you get out of here and shut the hell up you scot hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Clydey is the only Scot so far to comment... How are the other Scots handling this?
terrible

what has he done? got involved with that manager who i never trusted. its not like he fixed yet.. it was just a plan, that doesnt make it better

but its allover for him. and probably snooker soon

ive heard the paper have even more revelations to come out next weekend
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #28
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
could you get out of here and shut the hell up you scot hater

terrible

Look who's talking about nation hating!

Why so edgy? One of your role models turned out to be a cheater?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
pathetic excuse

it didnt seem a conversation full of pressure John. And scared as you were you had to ask how you'd get the 300k?
Exactly what I think. That excuse was pathetically bad.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
It's a plausible excuse, whether I believe it or not is irrelevant.

About as plausible as the story that Tiger's wife broke a window on the SUVwith a golf club to help him out! You seem determined to shoot the messenger on this one.

Speaking of golf , is Rory the new Tiger?