Peter Steele passed away, April 14th, aged 48. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peter Steele passed away, April 14th, aged 48.

Guess I am the only one around to mourn the passing away of this very colourful character in the scene of alternative heavy rock???

RIP Mr. Peter Steele.

"Loving You was like... Loving the Dead..."

He was controversial, an addict, a fantastic musician, funny to the point where all the overzealous PC folks kept on misundertanding him... and a tortured soul.

Type O Negative.

Damn.

RIP, Peter!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 05-02-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Steele passed away, April 14th, aged 48.

You weren't the only one to notice. Me and a couple of friends sat up til 10am listening to Type O songs after a heavy drinking session the weekend after it happened.

He was all of what you said, and he had a massive dong.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

karin, I am sure
I would love you more
If I only understood
WTF you were talking about,
And I really wish I could.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
You weren't the only one to notice. Me and a couple of friends sat up til 10am listening to Type O songs after a heavy drinking session the weekend after it happened.
Yeah, one funny fellow, posing nude for PlayGirl only to find out that 80% of buyers of that mag are gay!
(Sorry I just have to laugh about that, it's rather... typical. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
karin, I am sure
I would love you more
If I only understood
WTF you were talking about,
And I really wish I could.
Uhm, I liked the guy for his musical talent, and he's DEAD. Not too hard to get it is it?
No prob whatsover, I like you too.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the "W" in WTF to mean "who" rather than "what" in my little verse you will appreciate that I am merely acknowledging my ignorance, and not denigrating either yourself or Mr Steele in any way.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I never realized how many metalhead friends I had until I opened my email and saw a ton of "Peter Steele died!" threads.

One of them who's been following TON since the very beginning isn't taking his death very well.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

I will never forget how he appeared on (German) MTV. With the silly little VJ chick scared to death of him. And with Pete, explaining to her in great detail what it would look like if he ever tried to use his prominent eye teeth to actually tear someone's skin and drink their blood. I'll never forget the look on her face.
Nor the discussions with my girlfriends about how to secure the best possible spot in the front row at the next show...

Goodbye, Pete...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pete Steele.jpg (38.4 KB, 2 views)
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote