U.S. Spring Clay Season 2010 (Savannah, Sarasota) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #91
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season 2010

C'mon Kei!

(Grrrrr I had to answer a phone call! )

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #92
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 6-1!!!! He did it!!!!!!!!!!!
It is his first semi or I am wrong?
Old 05-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #93
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

kei wins 6-2, 6-1!!

good job, great win
i got to thank kei, he saved this day from being a complete disaster for me

if kei wins this week he can jump all the way back to 346 in the rankings

Last edited by misty1 : 05-07-2010 at 03:59 PM.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #94
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Kei!
A nice and quick win for a change!

(But I really have to buy a new computer... The one I'm using now is almost six years old and is giving heaps of problems of late! It froze again like 40 minutes ago! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
6-2 6-1!!!! He did it!!!!!!!!!!!
It is his first semi or I am wrong?
It is his first semi since coming back.

If you are talking about his challenger results, he won the Bermuda challenger in 2008, beating the likes of Gulbis and Troicki. He also reached the finals in the Carson challenger in 2007 (and lost to Young).
On the ATP level, he reached SF twice, in Delray Beach (which he won) and Stockholm in 2008.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #95
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Good job Kei!

If you are talking about his challenger results, he won the Bermuda challenger in 2008, beating the likes of Gulbis and Troicki. He also reached the finals in the Carson challenger in 2007 (and lost to Young).
On the ATP level, he reached SF twice, in Delray Beach (which he won) and Stockholm in 2008.
Yep, I am talking about his results after Comeback

I remember Delray Beach, I was watching it and (my confessions) in beginning I was cheering for Blake (I think he is really nice guy with nice play) but by the end I was screaming for Kei He was just awesome.
I remember how he was about to fall down on his knees after winning matchball, how his coach pull off his glass and put it again (it was Glenn wasn't he?) and how happy Kei was! I saw comment on youtube about Kei's speech "I am so happy to be here" when he get his prize, this comment said: "It's like a speech for child in Disneyland"
Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #96
country flag *bunny*

Kei will play Sirianni in SF.
Capdeville retired injured against Sirianni, who won *6-5.

Good luck, Kei!!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #97
country flag *bunny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Yep, I am talking about his results after Comeback

I remember Delray Beach, I was watching it and (my confessions) in beginning I was cheering for Blake (I think he is really nice guy with nice play) but by the end I was screaming for Kei He was just awesome.
I remember how he was about to fall down on his knees after winning matchball, how his coach pull off his glass and put it again (it was Glenn wasn't he?) and how happy Kei was! I saw comment on youtube about Kei's speech "I am so happy to be here" when he get his prize, this comment said: "It's like a speech for child in Disneyland"
Yeah that was a truly great moment!
And yes it was Glenn Weiner who's still traveling with Kei.

Strangely enough Delray Beach was also the first time I saw him play singles matches. I did see him play doubles at Japan Open in 2007, and I got interested in him as a player after he won RG junior doubles in 2006. But since he's based in US, we didn't get many chances to see him play in Japan unless you are a real tennis nut who follows even the junior Davis Cup!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #98
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Cỏngatulation Kei, good win
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:38 AM   #99
country flag *bunny*

Kei wrote in his blog that today he was able to keep his focus throughout the match for the first time in a long while.
He admits that his service games can still get easily broken at times: serve is his biggest problem right now. But he's getting more confident that if he can improve his serve he would be able to fight on a higher level.
After the match, he couldn't believe that he apparently broke all of Kendrick's service games. He had a feeling his returns were getting better, but he thinks it's a once in a lifetime achievement to break all service games of the opponent! And Kendrick is a big server!
But he felt his body was stiff so he was going to have a massage.

Tomorrow he wants to play a good match against Sirianni, an Australian. Since Kei's Davis Cup teammates are playing an away tie in Brisbane right now, he wants to give his best in this match!

(NB: The above is only a rough translation made by me so I apologise in advance for any mistake, and please don't quote it anywhere coz it's by no means an official translation.)

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 05-08-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #100
country flag *bunny*

Semifinals OOP:

STADIUM
Matches Start At: 11:00 A.M.

Ryan SWEETING (USA) vs Donald YOUNG (USA)
Joseph SIRIANNI (AUS) vs Kei NISHIKORI (JPN)
Bobby REYNOLDS (USA)/Fritz WOLMARANS (RSA) vs Alex KUZNETSOV (USA)/Ryan SWEETING (USA)

Good luck, ganbatte, Kei!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #101
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

What a great win for Kei! And it is first semi in a long time right? I think he can beat Siriani! I'm so happy right now! ;-)

Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #102
country flag makannmi17

makannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, Kei. Keep on winning!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #103
country flag makannmi17

makannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond reputemakannmi17 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea who's this Siriani guy and how he plays. Never heard of him. Anyway, best of luck to Kei.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #104
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post

he did very well in 2008, now that he's healthy again, 2010 feels like the beginning of Kei's new adventures. The player's he's beaten like Gulbis and Troicki have since improve their game so much. I can't wait to see Kei playing in the elite level with them.

Sirianni is an Australian player with a lot of experience, Kei will really need his focus again in this SF match, and he can do this!
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #105
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

kei is really cruising now!

he's up 6-1, 4-1 and serving right now
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote