U.S. Spring Clay Season 2010 (Savannah, Sarasota) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #151
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season 2010 (Savannah, Sarasota)

YouTube clip on Kei's official site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2o1B...layer_embedded

And his comment in English on the site:

Quote:
"I am so happy that I won the title today and the way I played. My level of tennis has been improved a lot in these last months with the help of Nick Bollettieri and Glenn Weiner and the staff at the Bollettieri Academy. I was a little nervous before the final because it had been a long time since I had played a match like this. Next is the Sarasota tournament and we will spend the next two days getting ready for this tournament."
http://blog.keinishikori.com/en/2010...nal-round.html

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 05-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #152
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Kei's rankings has jumped to #345.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #153
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Kei!!!!!!!
Good luck in Sarasota!

I was one day late...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:33 AM   #154
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Kei , good luck
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #155
country flag *bunny*

From Nick Bollettieri's blog:

http://nickstennispicks.com/2010/05/...inners-circle/

Nishikori back in the winner’s circle

IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy student, Kei Nishikori, won his first pro tournament since his comeback from an injury by winning the ATP Challenger in Savannah. Kei defeated Ryan Sweeting in the finals 6-4, 6-0 in the finals to win the title. In 2008, Nishikori was named ATP Newcomer of the Year after winning the title in Delray Beach and then reaching the 4th round of the US Open. He then missed a majority of 2009 due to an arm injury, but is finally back and playing well again.

He will probably play his first match at the Sarasota Challenger tomorrow.

Congrats to Kei and good luck this week!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #156
country flag *bunny*

Kei made another long entry in his blog in Japanese (http://blog.keinishikori.com/2010/05/home.html). He really must be happy!
Here's a rough summary ( which by no means is an official or complete translation!!).

He arrived at home after midnight on Sunday. Usually he falls asleep as soon as the vehicle starts, but this time he couldn't sleep at all during the six-hour drive. (...Poor Glenn must have driven their car all the way. lol) He thinks it's because of the adrenalin running; he sometimes can't sleep well after a long match.

On Monday he had light training (stationary bike etc.), massage and a hair cut. His body felt stiff and he's still a bit tired but since he has the next match on Tuesday, he's trying to get ready. He thinks this week will be more about staying fit physically and mentally rather than about tennis. He said he'd be very careful so that his elbow won't go bust again.

Then he looked back on Savannah. As we all thought, he also thinks the second round against James Ward was the turning point. Every point in that match was long and he had to fight for it. By winning this match he thinks he got more confident. And then his shots started flowing deeper and he was able to switch from defence to offence more readily. He felt very nervous on the day of the final. He really wanted to win but he was also really happy just by reaching the final. But when the match started, he could stay calm. Sweeting started better, but gradually Kei became able to take more control of the rallies. He thinks his transition from defence was offence was good again, and in the second set he was able to stay focused and play his best tennis. In a way he's a bit surprised he's already won a tournament because he had thought such a day would be far away. And he hopes that now he has won a tournament, he wants to improve even more. Then he thanked those around him: His team, coach, doctors, trainers, sponsors, family and his fans. He's very thankful that he can play tennis again.

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 05-11-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #157
country flag *bunny*

OOP in Sarasota - TUESDAY, MAY 11, 2010

CENTER COURT start 11:00am
R Deheart (USA) vs [WC] B Reynolds (USA)
[8] A Kuznetsov (USA) vs G Jones (AUS)
J Statham (NZL) vs [6] R Sweeting (USA)
Not Before 4:30 PM
[7] D Young (USA) vs J Sirianni (AUS)
Not Before 6:30 PM
[WC] V Chappidi (USA) vs K Nishikori (JPN)

(You can find the draw on top post)

Livescore:
http://www.protennislive.com/framese...pworldtour.com

Good luck, Kei!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #158
country flag why,marat,why?

why,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, fellow Kei-enthusiasts! The atp FINALLY has live scoreboards up for challengers, but I'll post significant updates on the match on here for anybody who is interested (although I'm sure I won't be as helpful as bunny has been, great job!).

Kei is up a quick break: 2-0. His 17-year-old opponent is nervous it would appear. Kei won the 8 out of the first 9 points.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #159
country flag why,marat,why?

why,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond reputewhy,marat,why? has a reputation beyond repute

First set 6-1 to Kei.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #160
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Kei just won the first set 6-1!
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #161
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

It appears Bunny is not yet here "why, marat,why?" - let's try it for now!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #162
country flag Rafkei

Kei up a break in the second set!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #163
country flag Rafkei

Kei is now ahead 2-0 in the 2nd set!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #164
country flag Rafkei

His opponent seems to be struggling on his first serve, percentage is down to 38-50%
Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #165
country flag Rafkei

Three break points for Kei! Yes!