Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #826
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial clusterfuck in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
har-tru, remember when we were talking about whether the club med countries would at some point come up with a concerted, anti-austerity effort? i guess once holland takes over france, they probably won't need consultations anymore. the mere fact that paris will go up against berlin on all things austerité ought to be enough for athens or lisboa to communicate some form of "alright! right on! there you go!" via the press. and that's when merkel tumbles. berlin cannot afford to piss off the south any longer.

sooner or later, this whole charade will turn into a lose-lose-situation for every single fucking european citizen, including the non-eu-periphery like switzerland. just imagine the euro sinking - it would virtually ruin the swiss overnight due to their central bank's vast exposure to the fx markets.

*edit: @ jimmy

given that i might have to emigrate, australia and new zealand are at the top of my list as of now. might i add to your points the aussies' perfect location for the upcoming asian century.
Lol what a killer graph. Germany is pwning everybody!

Merkel will definitely be isolated when Hollande takes over. But if there's one thing she's good at that is adaptation. She has enough resources to control the situation in favour of her country, which is, let's face it, the only thing she really cares about.

I see you haven't given up your catastrophic omens.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #827
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine, who works at Santander, tells me the bank is already acting on the assumption that Spain will be bailed out before the summer.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #828
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I think European governments are focused on rescuing instead of Instead of middle-class growth.
They pour billions on banks rather than the citizens themselves.
anf i think they should have let Greece fall.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #829
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

har-tru, that graph is obviously up for interpretation, but the way i see it all the leverage seems on the club med's side. if berlin had one "rogue" country on the hook, merkel would be able to impose whatever measures she deems alright. but it's 5 or 6 major economies.

this scenario isolates germany instead of isolating the one rogue country.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #830
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
She has enough resources to control the situation in favour of her country
what do you mean? ca$h? i doubt it. political clout at home? hardly. european allies? getting fewer by the day. influence on central banks? close to zero.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #831
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
what do you mean? ca$h? i doubt it. political clout at home? hardly. european allies? getting fewer by the day. influence on central banks? close to zero.
Germany is Europe's leading economy because it has an exporting power that not only is not, but cannot be rivalled in Europe. No country is as big and as rich as Germany, and no country is better situated.

No matter what happens with the rest of the European economies, Germany will still have the upper hand within Europe. It might falter, unemployment might rise, inflation might skyrocket. At last, we might still be entitled to talk of anything remotely close to a crisis in Germany. But it will not be nearly as bad as in the peripheral countries, and certainly not as bad as you predict.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #832
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Germany is fucked up and will probably exit the euro first.

The German debt is abyssal.

Last edited by Echoes : 04-26-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #833
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Britain in recession again

I guess if their politicians stopped pouring dirt over each other and actually tried to fix the country's problems, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

I am glad I live in the best country in the world. Our politicians may be crooks, but at least they have some sense in what's best for the country.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #834
country flag Stensland

http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/articl...utschland.html

Quote:
In Europa wird es einsam um Deutschland
Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #835
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

have been busy pondering and the best answer i can come up with for this thread is a theory by Australian professor Steve Keen called a Debt Jubilee... essentially it is quantitative easing for the people...

he wasn't the only one to predict what happened in the lead up to 2008, but he was most definitely the most accurate...

just come off a round of proactive talks and seminars in London, Berlin aswell as a nice showing on radio and tv in Dublin...

talks here of the paradigm shift required - that of shifting from a system in favour of the lender, back towards the debtor...

anyone wanting to watch this guy more closely should make the odd visit to Steve Keen's Debtwatch at http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/

he actually makes me feel proud to be australian, and his recent idealogical PPPPPPWNAGE of NYTimes' paul krugman was a real highlight that even left krugman's own fans thinking 'wtf paul stfu wouldya!!'

Last edited by fast_clay : 04-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #836
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

i never knew how much we had been hoodwinked by the economic establishment until i found out that the neo-classical models on which our western economies have been based upon take neither banks nor debt into account...

i mean, for f**ks sake, banks are responsible for 97% of money creation - how can you not include banks in any broad economic model... pretty funny when you understand that sovereign states need never have to 'borrow' fiat money into the economy in the first place... they can create it debt free - for the people...

the vice like grip is slipping however, as the system is folding in on itself - debt based economies literally eating themselves - and people are becoming aware of how much the system is rigged...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #837
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Quote:
"Wir sind schließlich nicht irgendein Land...

Die Welt is becoming even more conservative than it already was... and reading some of the comments one has to wonder how many of their readers sympathise with the NPD.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #838
country flag Stensland

die welt is pretty conservative, that's true. i think it's turned more and more into the kind of paper axel springer had in mind back in the days when he bought it.

nonetheless, essentially the article seems in line with what i believe to be true. merkels allies are dropping like flies. it will be a matter of time until she's completely isolated. do you think the "wachstumspakt" berlin was buzzing about today would've come along if it wasn't for underlying pressure from all kinds of sides?

merkels stance on the european crisis has changed a whole lot since 08, mainly due to the lack of back-up. there's no end in sight, she will have to turn into a full-grown chamaeleon in order to weather the storm.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #839
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post

Die Welt is becoming even more conservative than it already was... and reading some of the comments one has to wonder how many of their readers sympathise with the NPD.
NPD is fascist not conservative.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #840
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
die welt is pretty conservative, that's true. i think it's turned more and more into the kind of paper axel springer had in mind back in the days when he bought it.

nonetheless, essentially the article seems in line with what i believe to be true. merkels allies are dropping like flies. it will be a matter of time until she's completely isolated. do you think the "wachstumspakt" berlin was buzzing about today would've come along if it wasn't for underlying pressure from all kinds of sides?

merkels stance on the european crisis has changed a whole lot since 08, mainly due to the lack of back-up. there's no end in sight, she will have to turn into a full-grown chamaeleon in order to weather the storm.
You're right, but everybody saw this coming.

It's been clear for a while now that the only "solution" to this mess is the printing machine. Merkel has tried to avoid that, since it would undermine Germany's position as the only-safe-haven in the debt sea.

But she could only stretch it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
NPD is fascist not conservative.
No shit!!