Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #691
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial clusterfuck in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Iraq war mongering from PNAC started in the 90's, before the euro was even introduced, though.

Of course, Iran and Libya had been in the crosshair for some time.

yeah fair play...

you have to know who is having a laugh and who is not to get this though...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #692
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

re: war reparations, today's ruling:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...813226,00.html

Quote:
Human Rights Take a Back Seat to Sovereignty

An international court ruled on Friday that Germany cannot be held liable for paying reparations to the descendents of victims of a massacre perpetrated during World War II in Italy. The verdict has implications far beyond Nazi-era war crimes, and was welcomed by countries far and wide.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #693
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

topic, timing, setting, hosts, speaker - just priceless.

http://www.bportugal.pt/en-US/OBanco...o20120206.aspx
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #694
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

some solid reading material, and the comments section is gold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another tiny detail from Switzerland by Golem XIV on FEBRUARY 2, 2012

Back in June of last year (2011) I wrote about how there was such a demand for safe deposit boxes in Switzerland that,

…if you want a bank box in Zurich today, they will require that you have a minum of half a million swiss francs on deposit in the bank, before they will even consider you. That is how short of space they are.

The same person,who told me that contacted me today to tell me that the demand for Safe deposit boxes has grown so hugely that in the area bordering Italy, hotels are now renting out their own safety deposit boxes.

First the Greeks now the Italians. Capital Flight in full effect. But don’t worry I am sure Mr Monti has it all under control.
http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/02/an...m-switzerland/

and also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes 2/06/2012 : How Economists Contributed to the Financial Crisis

In December 2005, drawing heavily on his 1995 theoretical paper and convinced that a financial crisis was fast approaching, Keen went high-profile public with his analysis and predictions. He registered the webpage www.debtdeflation.com dedicated to analyzing the “global debt bubble”, which soon attracted a large international audience. At the same time he began appearing on Australian radio and television with his message of approaching financial collapse and how to avoid it. In November 2006 he began publishing his monthly DebtWatch Reports (33 in total). These were substantial papers (upwards of 20 pages on average) that applied his previously developed analytical framework to large amounts of empirical data. Initially these papers analyzed the Global Financial Collapse that he was predicting and then its realization.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnthar...mics-crisis/2/
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #695
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

My question to everyone is; since UK refuses to be part of the Eurozone, why the hell are they still part of the EU?
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #696
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Try googling "Eurozone" and "EU". Might help.

Not trying to be rude btw.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #697
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
My question to everyone is; since UK refuses to be part of the Eurozone, why the hell are they still part of the EU?
The EU existed long before the euro and UK isn't the only member which hasn't adopted the currency.
Jimnik is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #698
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Try googling "Eurozone" and "EU". Might help.
Maybe you should do the same?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maastricht_Treaty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-out...European_Union

Again, I'm asking, why is the UK allowed to opt-out on the Eurozone yet allowed to stay in the EU and dictate monetary policy? It's counter productive. Opt-in or fuck off imho.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #699
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Why stop there? Why not cut off trade and go to war with UK?

Time for Europe to copy the African way of doing politics.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #700
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Why stop there? Why not cut off trade and go to war with UK?

Time for Europe to copy the African way of doing politics.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #701
country flag Stensland

seems like athens gave in. for now. bad for greece, eventually bad for the emu, but what the heck.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46162663

Quote:
Greek Political Leaders Agree On Bailout Reforms
for the sake of europe i hope greek union leaders will start raising hell in hellas.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #702
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
seems like athens gave in. for now. bad for greece, eventually bad for the emu, but what the heck.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46162663

for the sake of europe i hope greek union leaders will start raising hell in hellas.
yeah, disappointing... and really unexpected to be honest... taming the med countries should not be so easy... looks like it is gonna have to be italy, spain or portugal to say 'no, f** off' and force the the original creditors hand because sure as shit ireland will bend over for the any more bailouts - in fact, i predict that ireland will even go a step further and lube up the rectal cavity for the emu...
Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #703
country flag Jimnik

Things heating up in Greece.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16987644
Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #704
country flag Stensland

according to most polls, greeks overwhelmingly favour an official bankruptcy declaration. who are we to question their opinion? let them go bust. obviously it's gonna have ramifications but long-term nothing else is gonna work properly.

they choose argentina instead of latvia, why tell them off? let democracy do its magic.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #705
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Greece, 1832-2012.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote