Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #676
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial clusterfuck in Europe

europe is pretty fat
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #677
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16803157

EU summit: UK and Czechs refuse to join fiscal compact

25 of the EU's 27 member states have agreed to join a fiscal treaty to enforce budget discipline.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #678
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Is Figure 16 per capita or not? Bit skewed if it isn't.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #679
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

i guess it is but i'm not sure.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #680
country flag Amukinado

Amukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
i don't wanna bail them out, i don't wanna pay for them, i don't wanna tell them how to live, i don't wanna tell them what to do. i wanna leave them alone. and i want them to leave me alone.
You'd only had to pay the money you owe them for invading Greece in WW2. It's way more than they owe you...
Amukinado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #681
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Sir James Goldsmith in 1993

Quote:
Q: You are an opponent of the project for single currency. Why?

The effects of a single currency go far beyond the economy. They would transform the political structure of Europe as well as the stability of its societies.

A currency is both an economic tool and a reflection of the economic and social condition of a society. The quantity of available money must be determined in a way which does not lead to unacceptable levels of inflation, deflation or other disruptions. Obviously, a single currency would mean that the principal economic strategy of each European nation would also need to be determined centrally. It would be impossible to have a single currency while at the same time maintaining different economic programmes in each of twelve nations.

The true purpose of proposing a single currency is to force through the creation of a unitary European state while pretending to promote a purely economic idea. It is yet another example of the Eurocrats acting by stealth so as to achieve their aim of a homogenized European union. Furthermore, a single currency would disrupt European societies. To understand the effects of a single currency imposed uniformly on both rich and poor regions, look at Italy.

The economy of northern Italy is highly competitive compared to the remainder of Europe, whereas that of the south is not. Obviously, the currency used in the south cannot be adjusted relative to that of the north in order to reflect the differences in their economies because the south and the north maintain the same currency. The economy in the south stagnated and unemployment increased. Unemployed southerners moved north to seek work and to stem this migration Italy subsidized investment in the south to create jobs. To do this, special institutions were formed such as the Cassa del Mezzogiorno and its successors, through which were channeled massive transfers of funds to the south. The policy failed. Much of the investment went into useless bureaucratic mega-projects and much was stolen or diverted for political purposes. Instead of generating employment, the subsidies generated corruption. They also failed to stop migration, which continued to uproot southern communities and to overpopulate and destabilize those in the north. This is a typical case of mutual poisoning. Families and communities in the south are destroyed and urban slums and social crisis develop in the north.

This fiasco caused great resentment in northern Italy, resulting in the formation of the Lombardy League, whose platform is to re-establish autonomy for the north. The League has become an important political movement and is part of the present governing coalition.

These subsidies and migrations took place within the same nation, yet they aroused strong separatist passions. Imagine how much greater would be the resentment if they took place between different nations, such as Greece and the Netherlands or Spain and Germany. Undoubtedly, there would be great tensions if at some time in the future Greece and Spain—or indeed any other nation—were unable to maintain the standards of economic stability prevalent in the Netherlands or Germany. With a single currency, no individual nation would be able to adjust the value of its currency to reflect its own economic realities. The results would be the same as in Italy, but on a much larger and more devastating scale: uprooting of the peoples of unsuccessful nations; mass migration; destabilization of the towns in successful nations; emergence of centrifugal forces which could create possibly violent separatist movements and pull Europe apart.
http://solari.com/blog/sir-james-goldsmith-2/

What a
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #682
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Growth prospects being cast aside. Economically illiterate clowns having the final say. Unemployment tensions to arise. Pull the other one.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #683
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukinado View Post
You'd only had to pay the money you owe them for invading Greece in WW2. It's way more than they owe you...
no biggy, germany's just gonna pay its greek ww2 debt via piigs debt obligations. so all you portuguese guys need to do is send athens the money berlin initially ought to receive. by dumping ~ €100bil worth of useless crap we're finally out of the picture. you guys go make it work on your own. everybody wins.

sweet.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #684
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukinado View Post
Right. Soon as Portugal compensates Brazil, Angola and Mozambique for colonialism and exploitation.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #685
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

On the contrary, Portugal brought the light of civilization to those lands.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #686
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad the Greeks never got the chance to be civilised by the Germans.

Yeah I said it. Deal with it.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #687
country flag Stensland

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...amid-glut.html

Quote:
BALTIC DRY INDEX: Commodity Shipping Costs Slump to Lowest in Quarter Century on Vessel Glut
btw i find that too harsh, har-tru. national history/character/attitudes etc. depend on geographical location to a large degree. you can't expect crete to be run like hamburg. you can't expect, say, alicante to have the same flair as cottbus. you can't expect regular sicilians to have the same kind of "trust" in government than, say, regular norwegians.

i think it's virtually impossible to actually change the greek way of life. technocrats may believe in this possibility for some time but eventually it's gonna come unglued anyways.

edit: meanwhile, somewhere else...

Quote:
Destination Persian Gulf? US nuclear sub and destroyer enter Red Sea
http://rt.com/news/us-submarine-passes-suez-115/

economic crisis, political crisis... oil crisis? fun times.

Last edited by Stensland : 02-02-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #688
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

it's funny, Iraq chose to trade their oil in euro denominations early last decade... Result: NO. Libya on the verge of creating an African central bank backed by 144 tonnes of gold (130 of which is now only accounted for) thereby ceasing the need for an IMF presence in African states... Result: No. Iran choosing not to TRADE OIL in the US reserve currency and instead choose to directly with global powers in the trading of their own oil with the use of bi-lateral agreements...

Result: believe me, this is an idle threat...the decades old petro-dollar warfare is coming to an end...

Look at India, Russia, China...no one wants to trade commodities in a depreciating, unsound and dying currency...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #689
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
it's funny, Iraq chose to trade their oil in euro denominations early last decade... Result: NO. Libya on the verge of creating an African central bank backed by 144 tonnes of gold (130 of which is now only accounted for) thereby ceasing the need for an IMF presence in African states... Result: No. Iran choosing not to TRADE OIL in the US reserve currency and instead choose to directly with global powers in the trading of their own oil with the use of bi-lateral agreements...

Result: believe me, this is an idle threat...the decades old petro-dollar warfare is coming to an end...

Look at India, Russia, China...no one wants to trade commodities in a depreciating, unsound and dying currency...
Iraq war mongering from PNAC started in the 90's, before the euro was even introduced, though.

Quote:
The US lost a billion $ investment in Mubarak. Since the iranian revolution in 1979, Iran has not been able to use the Suez Canal to send Oil to the West and after ILSA in 96 Libya could not send their through to Asia. When Mubarak fell, for the first time ever, Iranian ships passed through the Suez canal and Gaddafi made huge oil contracts with China as he could now go east. He reneged on billions worth to europeans. So Libya was bombed and sanctions were placed on Iran. The only other option is passing oil through Israel, as the BTC consortium does and as Russia does through Israel's Eilat-Ashkelon pipeline.

Egypt being reopened breaks Israel's monopoly. Mubarak fled to Israel. Libya was bombed for threatening oil interests of Israel and Europe and opening up Africa to China. That is also why the US has attacked Yemen and Somalia. They are the other two access ports, especially Aden, that do not yet have a western military presence and who trade with China. Look at the timing of the events and what happened. Gaddafi had been screaming the same rehtoric for decades, it wasn't until trading his oil with China and telling Europe to stick it, it became a reality that they moved in to replace him. The military junta in Egypt is barely hanging on. Right now the Caspian oil and gas goes west from Azerbaijan to Georgia to Turkey to Israel, who gets to ship it to Asia. It does not take the direct East route because it can't, there is a large war in Afghanistan preventing that from happening. But guess who can go under it? Iran.

Iran could connect to Pakistan and avoid it, and so war with Iran is hot on the table.
Of course, Iran and Libya had been in the crosshair for some time.

Quote:
Iran support Hamas & Hezbollah and are preventing desired israeli expansion, in addition to being a major regional power not controlled by the US. Gaddafi had only ever been compliant because of heavy sanctions, and use of force in the past. Form 2005 on, he was cooperating because he had to. Libya had no alternative, but after Egypt fell, everyone rose up and so NATO brought the hammer down.

Last edited by Mjau! : 02-02-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #690
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, homo sapiens.

When will we learn?

So much potential. Talented head cases we are
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote