Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #616
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial clusterfuck in Europe

No, enforce stronger centralisation.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #617
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-True
However, on a not-that-much-larger area in the far east and the eastern parts of the Indian ocean you find even more diversity than in Europe.
what part do you mean? southern asia? despite what some travel guides constantly wanna make me believe, from what i gather i find asian countries in that region very homogenous. indonesia, malaysia, thailand etc., to me these nations have lots of similarities - unlike norway and calabria, belarus and switzerland or greece and denmark.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #618
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #619
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
what part do you mean? southern asia? despite what some travel guides constantly wanna make me believe, from what i gather i find asian countries in that region very homogenous. indonesia, malaysia, thailand etc., to me these nations have lots of similarities - unlike norway and calabria, belarus and switzerland or greece and denmark.
Perhaps we should ask a Bangladeshi whether he thinks there are many differences between Norway and Calabria, Belarus and Switzerland or Greece and Denmark. I very much doubt he would. I have no reason to think the same doesn't happen the other way around.

I was referring more to the region ranging from Bhaktapur to Pyongyang, with an area comparable to that of Europe and with such diverse countries as Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, etc.

To take the points that you mentioned, those countries are much more heterogeneous in economies, attitudes, history, politics, habits, etc. than the countries of Europe.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).

Last edited by Har-Tru : 01-12-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #620
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
No, enforce stronger centralisation.
Is that you Angela?
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #621
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2012/01/...f-of-eu-total/
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #622
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Perhaps we should ask a Bangladeshi whether he thinks there are many differences between Norway and Calabria, Belarus and Switzerland or Greece and Denmark. I very much doubt he would. I have no reason to think the same doesn't happen the other way around.

I was referring more to the region ranging from Bhaktapur to Pyongyang, with an area comparable to that of Europe and with such diverse countries as Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, etc.

To take the points that you mentioned, those countries are much more heterogeneous in economies, attitudes, history, politics, habits, etc. than the countries of Europe.
ah okay, i thought you were talking about the tiger economies. is the region between india and north korea really just as big as europe? off the top of my head i'd guess it must be 3 times as big.

@ roadmap

are you trying to get back at me?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #623
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ah okay, i thought you were talking about the tiger economies. is the region between india and north korea really just as big as europe? off the top of my head i'd guess it must be 3 times as big.
I figured as much. The distance between Kolkata and Pyongyang is almost exactly the same as the distance between Lisbon and Moscow.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #624
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

S&P is going to downgrade French triple A and several other European countries.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #625
country flag Stensland

the beginning of the end. i'm all cash and gold now, no equities exposure whatsoever. bring on the "disorderly break-up", as they say.

*edit: whoa, austria as well?! germany must also be part of the bunch then. **edit: apparently it is not, for some reason. somebody tell s&p that germany is the backstop for the efsf and the esm.

Last edited by Stensland : 01-13-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #626
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

gutted that a bunch of white collar clowns have so much power. They are causing self fulfilling prophecies and think they are right on the money. Pathetic. Scourge of the 21th century.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #627
country flag Stensland

italy to be cut two levels to b-status. wowza. chances are spain and portugal are gonna follow soon. next up: germany being forced to go all-in as the last remaining powerhouse. next up: germany being downgraded, coupled with the efsf being downgraded accordingly. next up: disintegration, the emu finally ceasing to exist.

or: ecb economists printing the continent into oblivion, kicking the can down the road until europe itself starts disintegrating at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
gutted that a bunch of white collar clowns have so much power. They are causing self fulfilling prophecies and think they are right on the money. Pathetic. Scourge of the 21th century.
actually i'm a big fan of the rating agencies. they should've cut pretty much every single western nation's outlook much earlier. if anything, they've been sugar-coating all the doom that was waiting for the world economy beneath the surface. be bold, s&p, keep harassing us!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #628
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Which countries are left being rated AAA?
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #629
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Which countries are left being rated AAA?
Germany, The Netherlands, Luxembourg.

They are fine. Germany is more than fine. Germany is benefiting from all this mess. As the credit rates of all Euro countries rose in the last few hours, Germany's has gone down from 1.83% to 1.75% for the day.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #630
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Credit rates right now, as a percentage of German rates:

France 1.31
Spain 3.46
Italy 4.88
Ireland 6.44
Portugal 10.69
Greece 32.60