Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #601
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial clusterfuck in Europe

har-tru, do you believe a split between the northern and the southern countries would be feasible? several economists have openly discussed this notion of a two-tier system. the northern euro would include the germanic countries and scandinavia, the southern euro the club med countries, spain, italy, portugal and the likes.

france would be shipped abroad, because let's face it, they are dispensable.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #602
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
har-tru, do you believe a split between the northern and the southern countries would be feasible? several economists have openly discussed this notion of a two-tier system. the northern euro would include the germanic countries and scandinavia, the southern euro the club med countries, spain, italy, portugal and the likes.

france would be shipped abroad, because let's face it, they are dispensable.
I fail to see how that wouldn't lead to the further balkanisation of Europe, which is precisely the thing I'd like to avoid.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #603
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

More likely we'll see the PIGS return to their old currencies. I can't see them forming a southern monetary union.

Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland and Estonia will stick together. France, Belgium and Ireland could go either way.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #604
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I fail to see how that wouldn't lead to the further balkanisation of Europe, which is precisely the thing I'd like to avoid.
Do not underestimate the way in which a further tightening of the euro straight jacket could stimulate conflict. The people in your country and others in the eurozone should be allowed a vote on whether they wish their politicians to sign what could effectively be their nation's economic death certificate.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #605
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Do not underestimate the way in which a further tightening of the euro straight jacket could stimulate conflict. The people in your country and others in the eurozone should be allowed a vote on whether they wish their politicians to sign what could effectively be their nation's economic death certificate.
I want the Euro to go, as I just said.

But for goodness' sake, not to be replaced by a Euro Class 1 and a Euro Class 2...

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #606
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ns-surged.html

Quote:
Spanish Mortgages Decline for the 18th Straight Month as Bad Loans Surged
the weird thing is: now that the housing market of europe's southern fringe is tanking, all of a sudden germany experiences a (so far) mild form of a property boom. home prices are going up all over the place, where i live in the countryside, where my sister lives (berlin), where friends of mine live (frankfurt region), everywhere. prices for farms in east germany have doubled (!) over the past two years. it seems more faux and unsustainable than the boom in spain - at least those guys had pros like weather, coast, culture etc., we have none of that. why would we EVER have a ANY form of a housing bubble!? ireland, iceland, why would they? common sense should have told us something's terribly wrong over there.

it must be in some way protracted ripple effects of a completely fucked up global economy.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #607
country flag Stensland

according to cspan, art laffer has officially endorsed gingrich and is scheduled to appear on stage with him tonight.

may i remind you what laffer had to say about the state of the economy and upcoming events back in late 2006...

Old 12-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #608
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ns-surged.html

the weird thing is: now that the housing market of europe's southern fringe is tanking, all of a sudden germany experiences a (so far) mild form of a property boom. home prices are going up all over the place, where i live in the countryside, where my sister lives (berlin), where friends of mine live (frankfurt region), everywhere. prices for farms in east germany have doubled (!) over the past two years. it seems more faux and unsustainable than the boom in spain - at least those guys had pros like weather, coast, culture etc., we have none of that. why would we EVER have a ANY form of a housing bubble!? ireland, iceland, why would they? common sense should have told us something's terribly wrong over there.

it must be in some way protracted ripple effects of a completely fucked up global economy.
cowboys out to make a quick buck...? why are the people buying...? are the people being told to be conservative and save at this time...?

to me, these bubbles seem to be somehow manufactured... little booms and busts that make no sense, but end up enslaving a nation... watching what ireland went thru from 2005 to today was just mesmerising... like you say: where the hell is the value in ireland...?
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #609
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
according to cspan, art laffer has officially endorsed gingrich and is scheduled to appear on stage with him tonight.

may i remind you what laffer had to say about the state of the economy and upcoming events back in late 2006...
CLOWN ALERT!!!

i expect gingrinch's campaign to really hit the shitter here directly
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #610
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
cowboys out to make a quick buck...? why are the people buying...? are the people being told to be conservative and save at this time...?
i'm not sure. from what i gather many people are simply panicking. by putting all of their money into safe havens like real estate and other hard assets they think they might be able to weather the storm that's about to come. might be one of the reasons why farmland is en vogue again.

the flight to safety could have historical reasons as well. hyperinflation has bankrupted many families during the weimar republic (my great-granddad bought an umbrella for 7 million marks (!) back then). real estate used to be pretty much the only way to make it through that period without suffering major losses.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #611
country flag Stensland

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45924199

Germany Gets Negative Yield for First Time in Auction

fun while it lasts but this is obviously a mixed blessing, given the interest other €-countries need to pay. eventually the european buck stops in berlin anyways, all it can do is make a detour.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #612
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Germany sure does rely on its surrounding economies being weaker than them in order to remain so strong.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #613
country flag Stensland

yeah, it's just weird. europe is such a huge bunch of individual countries compressed into a WAY too small area. different economies, attitudes, history, politics, habits...culturally i guess there's hardly a region out there more interesting for martians visiting earth. boy, must this continent be exciting for people from out of this planet. but managing the whole mess is just ex-haus-ting.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #614
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
yeah, it's just weird. europe is such a huge bunch of individual countries compressed into a WAY too small area. different economies, attitudes, history, politics, habits...culturally i guess there's hardly a region out there more interesting for martians visiting earth. boy, must this continent be exciting for people from out of this planet. but managing the whole mess is just ex-haus-ting.
You have a point. However, on a not-that-much-larger area in the far east and the eastern parts of the Indian ocean you find even more diversity than in Europe.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #615
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Rainy, no need to manage it. Let the people run their own economy.

Liberty
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote