Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #241
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit crisis in Greece, others to follow...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Government deficit spending increases the money supply. We borrow money into existence. Money can, simply be created and is, simply being created, by central banks and by commercial banks through fractional reserve lending. This is not arguable. You guys are flat earthers.

Debt-free money creation as opposed to the present debt-based money creation has been used succesfully by a number of nations throughout history and is being used succesfully by states today, saving them billions on unnecessary interest payments. Whether the money supply is increased by a democratic institution or an independent bank is of no consequence for inflation.
Again, yes the money supply increases and money is being "created out of nothing". I've mentioned the money multiplier before and first referenced to it when you made your awesome suggestion. However, what you fail to see is that that money has value because it has an interest. In addition, all the deposits exist in the balance sheets of the banks. It doesn't magically spring into existence.

Inflation does not simply mean the increase of money supply... It means the decrease of the value of money over time. In FRB, the money creation doesn't affect inflation since the money created has similar value than the existing money stock and GDP increases when the investments made on this money increase. When you print money however, no value is added, therefore inflation increases.

I would very much like to hear the states that are using this method you're suggesting and give practical examples how it works please instead of simply saying that that is what we should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
That's not at all what I'm suggesting. Please pay attention.
It does seem to be what you're suggesting, just replace the people buying the flat with governments paying off trade deficits. If it's not, please elaborate much more specifically, I'm actually genuinely interested.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #242
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

i don't get why people bash greece or germany (or even spain, for that matter) here. the main culprit of the current mess is obiously france - and they've been the main benefactor of the whole wealth re-distribution over the last decades as well. french banks are all in in greece, having tens of billions of deadwood up their asses. yet they manage to make the rest of the european union bail them out. on a per capita basis, countries like the netherlands are worse off than germany.

france takes in the biggest chunk of agricultural subsidies as well as "attracting" loads of other "helpful initiatives" initiated in brussels. there's a reason why paris usually sends the best and the brightest to brussels while german politicians and diplomats tend to shy away from going abroad.

anyways, all i know is that europe will go bankrupt WAY before america. those guys still have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, make no mistake. economic warfare hasn't even begun yet. washington is still able to take down europe AND china within months if that's what it takes to make america survive.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #243
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
washington is still able to take down europe AND china within months if that's what it takes to make america survive.
i don't doubt this for a second...

i have a hunch that the emu was not set up to oppose the states, just to make it easier to be manipulated...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #244
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute

Today it has been S&P's turn to downgrade Spanish debt, from AA to AA-.

As of today, the situation is:

Swirling around we all go, merrily, merrily, down the drain...
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #245
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Things are developing in promising direction in last several years. Hopefully in current decade both EU an NATO are dead.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #246
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Dream on, NATO will be there forever to save Serbia from itself in case there is need again in the future.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #247
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Can the rabid political Serb-sh*t please be left out of this thread, thanks?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #248
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Dream on, NATO will be there forever to save Serbia from itself in case there is need again in the future.
Racism. Not everyone needs tutor like EU suckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Can the rabid political Serb-sh*t please be left out of this thread, thanks?
This is also racism if it is directed to me, because I didn't mention anything Serb-related in my post. My previous post was about rabid EU-sh*t.
So hopefully this post refers to Gago, otherwise you could get infraction or ban.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #249
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
Racism. Not everyone needs tutor like EU suckers.
Serbia does need intensive tutoring, as recent history and present circumstances glaringly show. If not for yourself, to prevent your neighbours from being carnaged again

Sak Noel
Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #250
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i don't get why people bash greece or germany (or even spain, for that matter) here. the main culprit of the current mess is obiously france - and they've been the main benefactor of the whole wealth re-distribution over the last decades as well. french banks are all in in greece, having tens of billions of deadwood up their asses. yet they manage to make the rest of the european union bail them out. on a per capita basis, countries like the netherlands are worse off than germany.

france takes in the biggest chunk of agricultural subsidies as well as "attracting" loads of other "helpful initiatives" initiated in brussels. there's a reason why paris usually sends the best and the brightest to brussels while german politicians and diplomats tend to shy away from going abroad.

anyways, all i know is that europe will go bankrupt WAY before america. those guys still have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, make no mistake. economic warfare hasn't even begun yet. washington is still able to take down europe AND china within months if that's what it takes to make america survive.
I didn't read further, but I'm willing to completely agree with you on this one right here and now.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #251
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, no offense to all you frenchmen on mtf but i really hope everyone realises it's hardly merkel pushing for the larger efsf. if anything, german banks could probably cope with a nasty haircut in greece. bnp paribas for example could easily go bust though, and given the mess dexia has turned into, several others might follow.

on the other hand i find it just mind-boggling that once the efsf had been set up, sarkozy was the first one lining up for recapitalising his banks. it's meant to be the last resort for countries that might go belly up within a couple of days, yet this guy has the guts to take advantage of it. then again, the fact that a move like that is even possible goes to show how easily you can rip off germany. always has been, always will be. sometimes i want americans to govern us. they'd be ripping europe a new one every single month.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #252
country flag JolánGagó

Quote:
...then again, the fact that a move like that is even possible goes to show how easily you can rip off germany. always has been, always will be. sometimes i want americans to govern us. they'd be ripping europe a new one every single month.
What a rubbish. It was Germany ripping off all the rest who brought two wars and general misery for everyone, I doubt the US will come to run a IV, and finally successful, Reich.

Sak Noel
Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #253
country flag Stensland

i'm fairly sure there was a reason i put you on my ignore list back in the days (you're the only one, so feel privileged) and i plan to keep it that way. can't read ya post, buddy.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #254
country flag JolánGagó

I don't give a shit if you read or not, you won't be less illiterate one way or another. Im setting the facts straight for the general audience.

Sak Noel
Old 10-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #255
country flag Stensland

don't be too hard on yourself, mate. it's fairly obvious that you're not up to par on economic issues, no need to apologize.

i'm just guessing.