Financial clusterfuck in Europe - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #166
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit crisis in Greece, others to follow...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
yeah... since 2008, we just have seen revised economic strategies that are simply revised again within a short space in time... it is the classic 'L' shaped recession... unnecessary, extended pain...

edit: btw, i am also hoping for some default action, but mostly because i am fan of a bit of chaos...
More like a W-shaped recession.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 AM   #167
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
More like a W-shaped recession.
personally i am hoping for the classic \________ shaped recession and europe descends into pandemonium... i will embrace the new dark age... i feel good physically, strong... strong enough for life after the 'Great Financial Cataclysm.' ... it is coming... social order is being tested...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #168
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Bono not out there twisting the arms of Chinese politicians and pleading for cancellation of US, Spain, Italy and Ireland's debt?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #169
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...owngrade-spain

Here is my opinion but brilliantly explained.
The Guardian... It used to be a reasonable source of opinion articles. But this is just a collection of cheap sensationalism and empty arguments.

I don't know that middle-aged German woman, but in my daily work I have to deal with many others. Germans who are forced to see how the price they have to pay for the privilege of having a hands-free scenario to exploit their enormous export resources is quickly revealing itself to be too high. In this mess they are truly not free of responsibility. It was them and the French that led the pro-EMU campaign for decades. 'The big fish will have an easier time eating the small fish if they're all in the same bowl', they said. And they had a point. But what if the small fish turns the water so dirty no one's able to swim in it?

That great nation the author talks about is indeed the victim of merciless attacks by the market and the rating agencies. But it is also, in the first place, a victim of its inoperacy and its irresponsible and chaotic disposition. Who is to blame? Well, I lost the little faith I had in Zapatero's government when they got rid of all kinds of commercial advertising in public television two years ago. How a heavily indebted government leading a stagnant economy could think eliminating private involvement and assuming all costs was a good idea is beyond me. But let's not fool ourselves: the government is not the only culprit. The average Spaniard sees a social welfare state as a sort of perennial Santa Claus that must (yes, MUST) pay for their studies, provide them with a house and award them a well-paid and stable job where they'll preferably do as little as possible. On exchange of what? 'Oh, hadn't thought about that'...

That is the main reason, I posit, for the disparity in economic development and performance between the two countries that article handles. Those middle-aged Germans are resented, and understandably so. Their country works so well because of them, because, contrary to their southern brothers, they understand they are doing themselves a favour when they , i.e., don't try to take advantage of their social services.

So, as a conclusion, I agree with the Finnish poster who said EU is a good thing, but EMU isn't. Not yet. In the long run, European nations will only benefit from each other if they are allowed to interact and cooperate. They will learn from each other, they have started to do that already. But European politicians (and here they are indeed the main responsibles) have tried to do too much, too early.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #170
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
The average Spaniard sees a social welfare state as a sort of perennial Santa Claus that must (yes, MUST) pay for their studies, provide them with a house and award them a well-paid and stable job where they'll preferably do as little as possible. On exchange of what? 'Oh, hadn't thought about that'...
when the average Greek thinks the same, then no southern European nation is thinking.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #171
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
when the average Greek thinks the same, then no southern European nation is thinking.
hmm... not sure I understand what you mean.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #172
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hmm... not sure I understand what you mean.
let's say that we southerners differ from our northern brothers cousins in several aspects.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #173
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
let's say that we southerners differ from our northern brothers cousins in several aspects.
Undoubtedly.

Here I was trying to be all fraternal and hopeful...
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #174
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The average Spaniard sees a social welfare state as a sort of perennial Santa Claus that must (yes, MUST) pay for their studies, provide them with a house and award them a well-paid and stable job where they'll preferably do as little as possible.
So do we and look how great we're doing!
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #175
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing about the EU is that our politicians are always trying to (and succeeding) circumvent the democratic process.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #176
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

The EU has many flaws but I still hope the eurozone holds together. Such a nuisance having so many currencies.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #177
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
So do we and look how great we're doing!
You cheeky girl... you know what I mean.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #178
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

just a friendly post to keep everyone current the real issues at hand...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #179
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

we're doomed. i've converted all my savings into Buthanese ngultrum already.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #180
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post

we're doomed. i've converted all my savings into Buthanese ngultrum already.
yep, we are doomed, unless the yanks vote to prohibit their own government from borrowing their way out of debt...

i missed the boat man, 1.00EUR => 2.04AUD in jan2009... and now to 1.32AUD few weeks back... AUD now being a p.roxy for china so now i'm spewing... though i think there is a two decade long property bubble in most parts there...