The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

As promised (and requested), this is our all-new chat thread. Since most of us don't really know each other, this is the place to do it.

As everyone probably already knows, I'm Tiffany (Tiff for short), a schoolteacher who loves to read, write, travel, take pictures, surf the net, go to the movies, listen to music, and visit with family and friends. I've been on MTF going on four years (two weeks will mark the actual fourth anniversary of my membership).
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Hi Tiff...I'm Molly a nurse, sounds like we have lots in common and one you left as a given...tennis. Were you on the old 'unofficial" site that closed down about a year or so ago? Miss that place and can't wait for the new one to open. Thanks for opening this thread and let' s hear from more of our dear Nalbyfans.
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving the thread name Tiff, hahaha.

So ..here we go. I am Claudia, 26, Portuguese.
Joined this place four years ago (wow, time really flies) after meeeting some other members at a Yahoo message board that is now closed. From that time only Tiffany and I stayed, wich is kinda funny to think of because we were actually a large number, oh the irony. Anyway ..

I am a Tour Guide, who obviously loves to travel. Music and Movies are my favorite guilty pleasure. I swim every single day (quite obsessive, I know), and love black & white pictures. I also talk a lot

and am planning to get married soon ...by the end of Summer, I think. I'll let you know, you are all invited of course.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt View Post
Hi Tiff...I'm Molly a nurse, sounds like we have lots in common and one you left as a given...tennis. Were you on the old 'unofficial" site that closed down about a year or so ago? Miss that place and can't wait for the new one to open. Thanks for opening this thread and let' s hear from more of our dear Nalbyfans.
Yes, and I'm still there. The unofficial site reopened this past summer.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

ok my turn, my name is Viken I'm 20, Armenian living in France.

I'm studying in networks and telecommunication and I'm trying to enter the best engineering school of France.

I first joined the forum a long time ago (maybe 2004, I don't remember) of the unofficial david's website and then I joined MTF I'm really enjoying this place, david's fans are all nice and it's always a pleasure to come here.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Yes, and I'm still there. The unofficial site reopened this past summer.
Can you give a link to it please?
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt View Post
Can you give a link to it please?
www.davidnalbandian.net. Just click on forum and "enter forum" when you get there.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, my turn. My name is Joyce but I think everyone guessed that. I'm 24, I live in the Netherlands where I study history. I'm almost done, I'm finishing my thesis now. I'm writing my thesis about the progression of special education the Netherlands so right now education is also something I'm very interested in. Next to that I work in a daycare centre for severe mentally handicapped people. I've been doing that for six years now.
I love to write, swim (not like Claudia though ) see movies, go out, hang out. It doesn't really matter as long as I'm surrounded by people that I care about. And I was once a member of the old David site too....and then it got shut down about a month later. I didn't know it was up and running again, gotta check it out soon then!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
Ok, my turn. My name is Joyce but I think everyone guessed that. I'm 24, I live in the Netherlands where I study history. I'm almost done, I'm finishing my thesis now. I'm writing my thesis about the progression of special education the Netherlands so right now education is also something I'm very interested in. Next to that I work in a daycare centre for severe mentally handicapped people. I've been doing that for six years now.
I love to write, swim (not like Claudia though ) see movies, go out, hang out. It doesn't really matter as long as I'm surrounded by people that I care about. And I was once a member of the old David site too....and then it got shut down about a month later. I didn't know it was up and running again, gotta check it out soon then!

Hey, Joyce:
Although I have teacher certification in English/Language Arts, I enjoy history as well. I kind of wished that I pursued a dual certification with history included, but my school did not offer that option. Oh well....
Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good luck with the thesis, Joyce.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
country flag justClaudia

now bring on the new season, our forum is all set!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, Joyce:
Although I have teacher certification in English/Language Arts, I enjoy history as well. I kind of wished that I pursued a dual certification with history included, but my school did not offer that option. Oh well....
That's funny. I was torn between history and English when I went to college. I still say to anyone that if I hadn't studied history I would have wanted to teach English at any school that would have taken me. Good thing I didn't do it though, it's low salary (not that I'm gonna make big bucks now) and most Dutch people get English and pick it up easily but it sounds terrible. I would have gone crazy trying to get them to speak English that actually sounds like English.

And yes, Claudia....This forum is ready to rock! Now let's just hope David is too.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
I would have gone crazy trying to get them to speak English that actually sounds like English.
Try teaching English to anyone here, and you'll get the same result.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
And yes, Claudia....This forum is ready to rock! Now let's just hope David is too.
ahem ..never in doubt.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #15
country flag Joyce_23

Quote:
Try teaching English to anyone here, and you'll get the same result.
That could be true. So you teach teenagers I guess. I guess you don't have any problems with that. From what I've read on this board you can hold your own but do they ever give you a hard time?