John John's French Clay Reports (Monaco+French Open) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
Default John John's French Clay Reports (Monaco+French Open)

I'll post in this thread reports from Monte Carlo Qualifyings + MD matches.
Same for the French Open.
Hope you'll like it, I'll try not to be too bitchy.
On my way to Monte Carlo now to see all my little Ukrainians in the Q matches, and hopefully Arnaud practising shirtless before his match.

Last edited by John John : 04-11-2010 at 03:50 PM.
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John John's French Clay Reports & Gossips (Monaco+French Open)

great idea, I think this is the first time I've ever read a post of yours that isn't about match results with emoticons and I can't wait, please post pics if you can

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to it. Have fun.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

nice. Look forward to reading
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to a riot of the French Train Company, I've come home very late yesterday. That was a great day of tennis (or not...).
I'm on my way now for Day 2, I'll post everything tonight.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
country flag Stelle

Stelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond repute

Good Idea (Y) Can i put in a request for an Ernests Gulbis report and pictures? If you can't don't worry! I look forward to your awesome reports! People should do this more often!

Dinara Safina ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Marin Cilic ~ Sabine Lisiki~ Philipp Kohlshrieber ~ Gilles Simon ~ Ryan Harrison ~ Gisela Dulko ~ Fernando Verdasco ~
Stelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
country flag *Jean*

Day 1

Stakhovsky v. Navarro : Sergiy was much in control in the first set. He played his usual aggressive game, going very often to the net and being able to finish off the points very quickly.
Navarro started playing better in the early stages of the second set, managing to kill Sergiy’s aggressive game by starting to moonball and slice everything to avoid the Ukrainian’s power.
In the final set, the Spaniard was playing his typical slow game and Stakhovsky was no longer able to attack as well as in the first set. Sergiy’s backhand was off today, and he seemed quite unhappy about his serve too. He looked very frustrated after the match, while Navarro was noisingly celebrating VAMOOOS after each point, and with his entourage at the end of the match.

Dolgopolov Jr. v. Ventura : Oleksandr was by far one of the most impressive player of the day. His abilities in returns of serves are tremendous, and that was one of the keys of the match today, as, as far as I remember, he broke Ventura’s serve each time in the last game of each set. He stands way inside the baseline on the Spaniard’s second serve, and very often follow his returns to the net. From the baseline, you would say he has a typical game composed of solid groundstrokes, but he builds the points most of the time down the line and ALWAYS follows his attacks at the net. That’s smartly done from the young Ukrainian, who seemed much more experienced than his record and age say.

Guez v. Zverev : David Guez is a guy from my town – Marseille – and he has always been firy on a court. And that obviousely did not change. Smashing rackets, biting himself, insulting the linesmen – in French, not very smart thing to do on his home soil – and insulting his entourage seem to be part of his usual behavious on a court. Zverev had nothing special to do but waiting for the Frenchman to self destruct. He has good shots but nothing making him special anyhow.

Nieminen v. Bubka : That was the match of the day for me, as it featured two of my faves. Jarkko, having changed his serve motion quite much, was in control of most of the rallies. Bubka did shine by his ablities to hit some winners from anywhere on the court. He still made way too much unforced errors to hope worrying the Finnish who should be able to qualify for the MD.
As he did in Marseille, Bubka stayed a long while sitting on his chair after the handshake, noisingly crying in his towel.

Roger Vasselin v. Kunitsyn : Edouard destroyed himself as he was in a totally off day. Moody and unable to hit any winners, missing everything – even some overheads – he gave an incredible amount of free points to his transparent opponent, who was pretending to be upset by his own game when he was doing nothing but moonballing Edouard to death. He should be an easy prey for his opponent tomorrow.

De Bakker v. Martin : I was secretely hating De Bakker for being in the top 100 with such a poor record on the ATP tour draws. But I have to admit that I was wrong as far as his tennis level is concerned. He was totally dominating the experienced Spaniard. His serve and his forehand are just tremendously powerful and precise! He looked quite fit and quick and could make some damages, especially on quicker surfaces.
Martin on the other hand, looked like he was about to cry all match long…looking down, looking at his bottle of water without actually drinking it during the changeovers…that was pretty sad. He even refused to shake the umpire’s hand at the end of the match after having barely touched De Bakker’s fingers during the “handshake” after having put his rackets in his bag way before the end of the match.

Marchenko v. Balleret : That’s what you would call a match offered to the opponent. Against an annoying another clay moonballer yelling ALLEZ after each point, Illya must have hit 30+ unforced errors, receiving a point penalty when splitting his racket into three pieces on a fence. He, moreover, did look quite umconfortable on clay, barely trying to slide and refusing to run at the Balleret’s “dropshots” – which landed more in the middle of the court than behind the net.
Sad way to lose for Illya, and definitely not the right attitude.

Clement v. Smirnov : Well, Arnaud can thank the young Ukrainian for getting through this first match. The Frenchman’s serve was erratic all match long, and he looked injured, taking a medical time out in the closing stages of the match, even if leading.
Smirnov was not at all on the top of my list of Ukrainian’s potential future top 100, but he now definitely is. He has a hell of a serve, and has very good hands at the net. His lack of experience costed him the second set, and he gave up in the final set. He, like his countryman Bubka, spent a few minutes in tears at the end of the match.

Gil v. Golubev : Well, Andrey is not of a kind to smile and celebrate on the court. I’ve watched the whole final set of this match, and he did not smile, pump his fist, nor looked like he felt any emotion. His game is 100% based on his serve, as he always attacks the returns of serves, missing most of them but hitting some firing ones too. He got close to a loss, but managed to drive the Portuguese crazy in the end of the match. During the final set tie break, Gil received a warning after having hit a ball out of the court…a ball which landed right on the head of an old woman, which provokated a general laughter, including Gil’s. The Kazakh’s dropshots and efficiency at the net mentally and physically destroyed Gil’s chance to win this very tight match.

Also to note :
- I came across in the venue : Gulbis, Bagdhatis, Chiudinelli, Bhupathi, Marc & Feliciano Lopez, Ferrer, Tsonga, Simon (even if not playing) and a few others.
- Practise sessions : Bolelli + Seppi + Fognini, Andreev/Korolev, Murray/Bagdhatis, Tsonga/coach, Benneteau/Robert, and of course the crazy race around Nadal who was with an unknown hitting partner.

That’s it for today, see you tomorrow for the day 2, for the qualifying matches and some first round matches.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Great reports, thanks
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
country flag *Jean*

Day 2

Nieminen v. Hernandez : Jarkko didn’t give any chance to Hernandez today. Oscar managed to break back in each set – as far as I can remember – but the Finnish was playing very solid tennis today, much convincingly than yesterday for instance. His serve was more regular and he played a few impressive volleys, especially on the match point after a very very (very) long rally. Contrarily to yesterday, Oscar was never given the opportunity to come back and Jarkko never let himself falling asleep by the slicings and moonballings of the Spaniard. Good luck in the MD, Jarkko!

Dolgopolov Jr. v. Zverev : Expected win for the Ukrainian, who though played slightly more poorly than yesterday. Zverev showed the lack of weapons his game has, and didn’t manage to answer Oleksandr’s powerful grounstrokes. Olek struggled to close the match in the closing stages of the second set, but managed to break once more and finally got an easy last service game. Let’s hope he picks Luczak in the MD!

Golubev v. Clement : Well, that was expected but the scoreline is very harsh, but deserved being given the way Clément played today. He had no answer to Andrey’s powerful serves, and Andrey kept, like yesterday, attacking his opponent’s serve. Against a poor server like Clément, his firing forehand returns were very efficient. That’s a good sign for the rest of the season for Andrey if he keeps playing this way.
Funny how Andrey looks like a 14-yr old boy and how poorly he is dressed. He mustn’t have any sponsors, wearing a dirty visor and some visibly old shoes.

Ferrer/Lopez v. Lopez/Verdasco : Very fun match! And the weakest link is…Feliciano!
Not giving a damn about that match visibly, which irritated Fernando who preferred laughing at that rather than getting busy giving advices to Feli.
Marc Lopez is definitely the man of the match, intercepting a lot of volleys, especially since Fernando & Feli had obviousely decided that serving/volleying was optional today.
Ferrer made a good job from the baseline, and serving consistenly all match long. The handshakes were a very nice Spanish party!
I decided to leave after this match, as only Korolev was a favourite to watch, but the weather started to get seriousely threatening and with the riots of the French Train Company, I really wanted to go home early.

Also to note :
- Practise sessions : Tsonga/Gasquet, Murray/Hutchins, Bhupathi/Mirnyi + Nestor/Zimonjic ,
Petzschner/Kohlschreiber, Almagro/Garcia-Lopez, Llodra/Chardy…

See you tomorrow for Day 3!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute

great reports
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great reports, and enjoy your time in MC.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
country flag dusan1610

dusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond reputedusan1610 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John John's French Clay Reports (Monaco+French Open)

great!!!
dusan1610 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
great idea, I think this is the first time I've ever read a post of yours that isn't about match results with emoticons and I can't wait, please post pics if you can
haha, exactly what I thought.

Good stuff John John.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote