RafaChat Part 18 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #61
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Golden Chat Thread

Petchey and Shiras are spedning a lot of time talking up Murray's win from last night.

I agree it was impressive, but he was playing a guy who needed 5 sets to beat Cippolla. They've got him winning the tournament.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #62
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Petchey and Shiras are spedning a lot of time talking up Murray's win from last night.

I agree it was impressive, but he was playing a guy who needed 5 sets to beat Cippolla. They've got him winning the tournament.
I know. Most players can express themselves with their game on the court when they're not being pushed with any sort of consistency. Stan played the occasional good point but mostly he was just the foil that was on the court to be pushed about by whatever whim took Andy's fancy from one mood to the next.

He was impressive but he was not tested nearly enough to read any further aspirations from that, except that he handled the occasion well.

Let's see if he can get by Del Potro because after that it's where it gets interesting.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #63
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Robredo is matching Nole from the back of the court so far.
Now I've said that he'll get broken this game.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #64
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I know. Most players can express themselves with their game on the court when they're not being pushed with any sort of consistency. Stan played the occasional good point but mostly he was just the foil that was on the court to be pushed about by whatever whim took Andy's fancy from one mood to the next.

He was impressive but he was not tested nearly enough to read any further aspirations from that, except that he handled the occasion well.

Let's see if he can get by Del Potro because after that it's where it gets interesting.
Exactly. I'll be gutted if he doesn't beat Del potro, and I think he should win because he is the better player, but I can easily see Andy lose that match.

Did you catch who Petchey said had made the comments about Nole vs Cilic being good ball striking, but that Murray's performance last night is how tennis should be played? Was it Wilander?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #65
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

That was Wilander who said that, yes, he was doing commentary for someone else and that was one of his remarks - also that Murray was the best thinker out on the court today.

But that's Mats and he hops on and off bandwagons after very few stops.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #66
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

That was lovely from Robredo.

@ sawan on GM saying Stepanek could be ranked as high as #3 or 4 ... if he played the WTA tour.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #67
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

His beauty would mesmerise all the ladies and they'd be too busy proposing to badly miss forehands over the baseline. So it's win-win.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #68
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Tommy confused by that act of sportsmanship from Djokovic - wouldn't have occurred to him, clearly.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #69
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Nole pulling out all the stops to win over the crowd, and they reward him with lukewarm applause.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #70
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Tommy confused by that act of sportsmanship from Djokovic - wouldn't have occurred to him, clearly.
You're not a fan?

I think Leif Shiras is a really bad commentator. He doesn't add much insight-wise, and he's not funny.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #71
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Brutal but fair.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #72
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Oh dear.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #73
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
You're not a fan?

I think Leif Shiras is a really bad commentator. He doesn't add much insight-wise, and he's not funny.
His game bores me but I didn't dislike him before - now I slightly dislike him when I saw his performance in Hamburg against - was it Kohli? The whole cockup with Armstrong miscalling a ball and Robredo getting the supervisor involved and Robredo ending up with a point he didn't deserve. I didn't like that.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #74
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Oh, yes. I forgot about that.

Can't believe Robredo seems to have the crowd with him here.

Djokovic looks very out of sorts.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #75
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

lol, Boredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread