Clay Court Season 2010 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #46
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casablanca - Clay Court Season 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
You mean those late substitutions? Oh, indeed! Hoping for Gibson to turn things around in the end was strange, knowing his great passing ability
Well, you know our history... Wazza may be up for the game, though.

Not that I believe in miracles, but me too!
Nani and Macheda should have played since the beginning of the 2nd half! I'm not the biggest fan of Nani, but he was the only player who could make some sort of change to the match. Boss waited FOREVER to play him. And lone striker (Berbatov) was a stoooopid plan Macheda should have played alongside him.

I doubt Wazza can make it. I think it's just a psycho war

Too bad Cesc won't be able to play. He's slowly becoming my new favorite non-ManU player instead of JT, The Cheater

Quote:
It won't help gaining confidence, I believe, and that's what Paulo needs right now (besides of getting rid of the pain, of course)
He and AndyM can go looking for it together
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #47
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I watch that and think PHM is finished as a professional tennis player.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #48
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
Sorry, but I watch that and think PHM is finished as a professional tennis player.
Thank you for your insight.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #49
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
Nani and Macheda should have played since the beginning of the 2nd half! I'm not the biggest fan of Nani, but he was the only player who could make some sort of change to the match. Boss waited FOREVER to play him. And lone striker (Berbatov) was a stoooopid plan Macheda should have played alongside him.

I doubt Wazza can make it. I think it's just a psycho war

Too bad Cesc won't be able to play. He's slowly becoming my new favorite non-ManU player instead of JT, The Cheater

He and AndyM can go looking for it together
Agreed about Nani, he's been doing great this year so far. And it's really time to start trusting in Macheda more, or why do we need him in the team then? (and vice versa for Berbatov )

I thought it was a psycho war when they said that Wazza will be out for 4-6 weeks

JT was your fave player at all??

They should take Richie along as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
MTF experts at their best.

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #50
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

My stream gave up 2 games from the end. I think it was trying to save me the pain of watching.

Paulo will get his match rhythm back with more matches, I'm not worried yet. I just hope he is pain free finally.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #51
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
My stream gave up 2 games from the end. I think it was trying to save me the pain of watching.

Paulo will get his match rhythm back with more matches, I'm not worried yet. I just hope he is pain free finally.
He didn't run after the ball at all in the end, but I hope it's just out of precaution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot079.jpg (162.6 KB, 9 views)

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #52
country flag Ome

Quote:
Agreed about Nani, he's been doing great this year so far. And it's really time to start trusting in Macheda more, or why do we need him in the team then? (and vice versa for Berbatov )

I thought it was a psycho war when they said that Wazza will be out for 4-6 weeks

JT was your fave player at all??
So true! Macheda needs more chances! Berbatov is a different kind of striker from Wazza and Macheda. Berb is good in the box and he's very technical. But that's pretty much it

Yep, he was Tell me you didn't like him when he missed the penalty in UCL final?!
No, the thing is I've always thought he is a great captain. Someone who is born to be a leader, on the pitch. He had that captain aura. But cheating on your wife with your friend's girl was too much.

Quote:
They should take Richie along as well
Ah, indeed.

Quote:
MTF experts at their best.
I know, right!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #53
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Agree with everything
Old 04-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #54
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
So true! Macheda needs more chances! Berbatov is a different kind of striker from Wazza and Macheda. Berb is good in the box and he's very technical. But that's pretty much it

Yep, he was Tell me you didn't like him when he missed the penalty in UCL final?!
No, the thing is I've always thought he is a great captain. Someone who is born to be a leader, on the pitch. He had that captain aura. But cheating on your wife with your friend's girl was too much.
Let's face it, Berbatov is not a forward, he's more of an attacking midfielder, which is great as well, but playing him as a lone striker is like a slow suiside, or maybe Russian roulette - Berbs is in the mood/ is not in the mood.

Hmm, I gues that was the only moment when I really liked him (mean, I know ) Of course, I respect him for being so devoted to his team, but as much as I, erm, don't like Chelsea made it impossible for me to have JT as a fave. Besides I prefer Frenchies anyway

What I just thought... what a pity that Paulo and Richard played doubles together just once!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #55
country flag Ome

Quote:
Let's face it, Berbatov is not a forward, he's more of an attacking midfielder, which is great as well, but playing him as a lone striker is like a slow suiside, or maybe Russian roulette - Berbs is in the mood/ is not in the mood.

Hmm, I gues that was the only moment when I really liked him (mean, I know ) Of course, I respect him for being so devoted to his team, but as much as I, erm, don't like Chelsea made it impossible for me to have JT as a fave. Besides I prefer Frenchies anyway
That sums up everything about Berbatov!

Chelsea used to be my most disliked team, but now it's Manchester City

Quote:
What I just thought... what a pity that Paulo and Richard played doubles together just once!
Really??? ONCE??? I didn't realize that. Too bad...
Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #56
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
That sums up everything about Berbatov!

Chelsea used to be my most disliked team, but now it's Manchester City

Really??? ONCE??? I didn't realize that. Too bad...
For me it's a close competition between Chelsea, Man City and Real M - really tough to choose.

Yeah, they played just one match, and won it (w/o in the next round), Gstaad '06. I mean, Paulo and Richard practice together a lot, why not play doubles from time to time?? That would have been a tennis heaven for me

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #57
country flag The Hooded Claw
Slow Emotion Replay.

The Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, Paul. I am glad I missed this match now. If he's still struggling with the injury though, it's to be expected.
The Hooded Claw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #58
country flag grosjeanlol

grosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond repute

It's so sad for Paulo.. He was so close in the first set.. He missed 3 set points !! I think a part of his tennis is back but not everything so he needs time to come back.
Go Paulo we are always behind you !
grosjeanlol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #59
country flag Ome

So this is what he said after the match:
Quote:
"J'ai eu quelques balles de set au premier, si je les avais concrétisées, l'issue du match aurait peut-être été différente. Mais voilà, j'ai manqué un peu de jambes, j'ai besoin de plus de matches. Je n'ai pas encore eu le temps de très bien me préparer à la terre, les premiers tournois ne sont jamais évidents. Là je pars pour Monte Carlo. Il y a encore du temps avant Roland Garros."
Someone should have practice on clay instead of going to the States, no?

Paulo still looked cool and calm during the interview so I guess there's no need to be worried just yet
Old 04-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #60
country flag Ome

Default Re: Monte Carlo - Clay Court Season 2010

Paulo's section of the draw in Monte Carlo:

[15] Jurgen Melzer (AUT) - Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP) - Philipp Petzschner (GER)
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) - Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
[3WC] Andy Murray (GBR) bye

[5] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) bye
Nicolas Almagro (ESP) - Simon Greul (GER)
[WC] Bernard Tomic (AUS) - Benjamin Becker (GER)
Qualifier - [9] Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)

[14] Juan Monaco (ARG) - Qualifier
Michael Berrer (GER) - Evgeny Korolev (KAZ)
Qualifier - Eduardo Schwank (ARG)
[2] Rafael Nadal (ESP) bye

Time to win some matches, no?