2010 Clay Season - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #61
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Clay Season

I don't think there was any coverage yesterday.
I watched his two matches, the singles match was not good. The first set was just awful again... Errors left, right and center, Youzhny wasn't doing anything. He woke up when he was one break down in the 2nd set and the level was much better then, at least he forced Youzhny to show a bit what he can. But he was looking so lost out there during the first part of the match, it was a little scary.

The doubles match was fun, Jérémy was a bit shaky, Robert was more solid during most parts of the match imo. But when he had to close it out, it's Robert who wouldn't get a serve in anymore and Jérémy improved then, so it was a nice team victory. I was afraid the Frenchies might tank after they had both lost in singles, but no, it was a hard-fought match, with a fist pump of Jim for the match point, he looked motivated.

I didn't see Fontang, he seemed to be alone with his girlfriend there.

Last edited by Truc : 05-04-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #62
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy is a great talent, he will put it together fully one day and everyone will be shocked. It's a mental thing mostly now from the looks of things, and I am confident if he has one really good event things will really start to get better for him.

Unfortunately the loss this week is going to hurt his ranking a bit but what is most important for him right now is he starts feeling better on the court, and the results will follow.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #63
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy is playing Ferrer in R1 of Madrid. Unfortunate draw, but maybe he can cause a major upset. It is going to be tough for him. Good luck to Jeremy, he's going to need it.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #64
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Jeremy lost 3-6 6-7 (3) to Ferrer. He had chances in both sets and was up a double break in the second set, but he lost the breaks and eventually the match. The fact he made the scoreline so close is a good thing, but the fact he won about 50% of service points and blew the lead he had in the second set is not.

Oh well, another loss in singles, but he is playing with Gael in doubles. They play the Spanish pair Almagro/M. Lopez in R1, with the winner playing Cermak/Mertinak in R2. Maybe he can make up for his lack of singles victories with a big result in doubles in Madrid. Good luck to Jeremy and Gael!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #65
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even know the tournament started on sunday and Jeremy already lost . Ferrer is a very tough draw for a first round. All my favorite Frenchies are struggling these days. Anyway, I hope he will do well in RG.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #66
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few lines in L'Equipe and he doesn't sound too disappointed. He says it was his best match of the year on clay. There were some good patches this time. Against Djokovic in Rome, he wasn't attacking enough. He played his game against Ferrer. But Ferrer is defending so well that you always end up taking one risk too much. And the physical intensity is so high, it forced him to shorten the points too much at times. He says he still needs to do a lot of condition training before Roland-Garros.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chardy.jpg (35.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #67
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He says he still needs to do a lot of condition training before Roland-Garros.
a bit late- no?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #68
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Good attitude by Jeremy. Most important thing is he felt he played the way he should play, he felt better on court and he did the things he needs to do to get back to winning ways. Now it's about executing the game plan.

Sounds as if he will be very focused to practicing and training these next two weeks in advance of the French, and hopefully the matches at Dusseldorf next week will help him gain more consistency throughout a match.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #69
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Very good win against Kohlschreiber in Dusseldorf.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #70
country flag Truc

I think Kohli would lose to Mahut too right now, but it sounds like Jim was playing well indeed.

He injured his knee today in doubles, but he kept playing, so I guess it's nothing too serious.

I couldn't watch the matches, I just saw that the trainer was coming for Jim a few times today, I don't know how it happened and if it was hampering him.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #71
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't put my finger on his form. The one day he destroys Kohl, the other day he almost gets broken twice immediately against Troicki.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #72
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

His knee was wrapped today, I hope it isn't a real issue. All we need is another Frenchman with problems around the knee area.

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #73
country flag Truc

His knee isn't wrapped anymore today. He wouldn't play in both singles and doubles if he was in pain anyway.

His singles form is questionable, but he has definitely improved in doubles! I know it's easier with Nico than with Gilles, but still, he was a lot more hesitant last year in Düsseldorf.

Last edited by Truc : 05-19-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #74
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

^speaking of, great doubles win over Serbia today for he and Nico. 7-6(4) 6-2

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #75
country flag Ad Wim

Alllleeeeez! What a good win against Monaco today! I only saw the second set, but he was playing very well! Some great holds in that set, lots of tough service games. But he won lots of rallies by being agressive. Very exciting match with both players very pumped up.