Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #46
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season

well it's the official atp video, what else can he say? though it's usually the case, the tennis pros are incredibly pampered, it's not easy to find fault with the way they're treated

this Robert Lindstedt must be very keen to keep arno as a doubles partner and we are very honoured to have a translated version of his words here on arno's forum
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #47
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

This Robert explains one of the reasons he plays with Arnaud.

Quote:
Arnaud ball into the morning and had planned to play more in the afternoon. But the wind did not really desire that turned up. Plus, he almost played for three hours, so there was no craving. I like to play with single guys in doubles, but one of the drawbacks is you can not always train together. And as dual players is not easy to find training if not another two guys playing with a singles player. When the trains are always together. So I had written to me looking up, but no one had signed up. Then it was easy to decide that it was all for tennis today. Did Ivo Karlovic been here so I had of course been training with him. It is a bit informal joke that if you write looking next to your name on the training schedule so there will Karlovic and signup. Just because he does not find someone to train with because you do not get any rhythm on him.
He doesn't like only arnaud...lol

Quote:
Sat next to a reporter from L'Equipe and Arnaud's girlfriend throughout the game. Arnaud's girlfriend is also a popular singer and songwriter from France. She was discovered when she won a TV show called Star Academy, she's called Nolwenn Leroy. Difficult to get lullabies from such a voice ...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #48
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

300 wins on ATP Tour level 64/63 From what i saw very solid tennis, lovely winners, aggressiv game and fighting spirit Estoril was a good choice very sunny today while almost snowing in Munich
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #49
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the second set, yes arnaud played a good tennis, he made many winning points and was concentrated, good to see !
Just a pity the tounament was not the last week, I would have seen him !

Guy Forget
Old 05-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #50
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

They won 76/76 and it's more long than against Falla I just read that it's the first time Arno reach the quarter of an ATP event on clay since Casablanca 2005 Now taking pleasure against Federer on friday and quarter of doubles tomorrow.

Last edited by soulage : 05-05-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #51
country flag Marine

I can't see the quarter
I'm sure arnaud is happy to play against Federer. It's almost a honnor to play against great champions, even if he doesn't have many chances to win lol
I just hope he won't be too much nervous and angry. Just hope he'll play his best tennis, no matter the result...

Cool, they won in double, we'll have some news thanks to our new "pal" Robert

Guy Forget
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #52
country flag soulage

Today there were rallies sometimes quite long against Federer it will be faster winners or UE, let's hope he will have fun but he did his job reaching this quarter

According the facebook of Bordeaux challenger Arno reveived a WC for next week http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bordea...0/322087599416 As he could have entered the draw directly and many french players need one i don't find this great but maybe he forget to enter the list or changed his mind If he plays Bordeaux he could skip Nice where he needs also a WC
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #53
country flag Marine

In miami chat he said he will be in Nice.
Between Nice and Bordeaux, logically (geographically lol) his preference goes to Nice ??! lol

Guy Forget
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #54
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
In miami chat he said he will be in Nice.
Between Nice and Bordeaux, logically (geographically lol) his preference goes to Nice ??! lol
Yes but he didn't make the cut in Nice and for the WC it's more tough to have one there even if he can play qualies. Well,he already goes in Bordeaux where there is a great draw with many frenchies to follow
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #55
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

another win is falla in a slump too?

no such luck now. from federer's point of view... what a weak draw!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #56
country flag soulage

The draw is more weak in the second half of the draw. Today some words of Arno in l'equipe and he was in a very good mood yesterday and quite funny. He says that Fed is better than Falla and Kunitsyn together and that he didn't beat him since he's twelve but Fed didn't beat him since he's 30 . He was very happy of his match, the arm was relax and he played agressive.

Quote:
HIER APRÈS-MIDI, Arnaud Clément rayonnait. Vainqueur autoritaire du Colombien Falla (6-4, 6-3), il venait de se qualifier pour les quarts de finale, égalant ainsi son meilleur résultat sur terre battue depuis des lustres. Cerises sur le gâteau : un niveau de jeu très intéressant et la perspective d’affronter demain après-midi maître Federer sur le central d’Estoril. « Aujourd’hui (hier), j’ai pris beaucoup de plaisir sur le court, dit-il. Mon bras était super relâché et j’ai joué juste du début à la fin. J’ai gardé la même intensité, je suis resté agressif… Grosse, grosse satisfaction. Un vrai bon match. »

Federer ? « Ben… il est meilleur que Kunitsyn et Falla réunis. Tout dépendra de son niveau de jeu. S’il est bien, il y a de grandes chances qu’il me domine… Je ne l’ai pas battu depuis qu’il a douze ans mais lui ne m’a pas battu depuis que j’ai trente ans ! Ça s’équilibre, non ? Sérieusement, il faudra surtout que je ne m’enflamme pas et que je ne joue pas faux. Mais c’est un match sympa et excitant à jouer. Pas question de faire de la figuration. »

Vainqueur de l’Allemand Phau sur un score parallèle (6-3, 6-4), Federer fait du Federer : il se méfie sans se méfier. « Au début, j’avais du mal contre Arnaud. Il me sidérait par sa capacité à passer instantanément de la défense à l’attaque. Après, je suis devenu trop fort pour lui. Mais il a gardé les mêmes qualités de rapidité et de lecture du jeu. Son lift n’est pas puissant mais c’est un formidable contre-attaquant. » Le Suisse mène 6-3 dans leurs confrontations (0-0 sur terre battue). Leur dernier affrontement remonte à Miami 2006. Federer l’avait emporté en trois sets. – V. C.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #57
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to sneak in and give my hopes that Arnaud plays a good match against Roger and gives him a tough match tomorrow, and well wishes to his next couple of events leading into and including the French Open!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #58
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud just passed Roger with a great shot.
Hope he does it again, so he'll get a tb now.

edit: tiebreak.
Seems that he broke Roger back, cause when I looked at the scores on my phone he was a break behind. Now I'm watching a stream. Allez Arnaud!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #59
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

He lost the tiebreak, 9-7.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #60
country flag Kezzi

Lost the second set 6-2, but I think he had a good fight against Roger. He smiled at the net during the handshake.