Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #31
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season

I really don't know how he can be motived to travel so much, to spend so many time in the airports, planes, taxis... just to lose at first round almost every week. Ok I know, there is worse jobs (much less paid of course...) but I mean, he could stop or play less...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #32
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if I can say this, but it sounds like you actually want him to quit...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #33
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

ohhh kezzi Nonnnnnnnnn !!!

Guy Forget
Old 05-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Then I don't understand why you say he could stop or play less Everytime I see him in a tournament I'm happy he still plays, no matter how bad the results are. He is at the age where he could decide to quit any second, so I'm proud of him to find the motivation to keep playing despite the results over the past weeks. Of course we all wish for better results, but at this point I'm happy with what's there, cause it can be far worse than this...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #35
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

It could be worse but the loss vs Torebbko was a very big one and for sure tough if we add the close win vs the unknown guy in MC he's really bad currently and clay make him looking worst than a challenger player. I remember his great start vs Baghdatis in IW and i think that he has surely a problem with his game but also with his confidence, all the tie-break he lost since Januray that's amazing. All the close loss and close set put him down mentally. We'll see what will be his calendar post clay to see chat he wants to do resting or playing.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
country flag Marine

Maybe I didn't find the good terms to express my feelings (can I do it in french ? )
My english is very "approximative".

I mean, I wouldn't be able to find all this motivation if I was Arnaud. I mean, he's couragious to still travel so much while he loses very early most of time. Actually, not easy to think "ok, I'm going to Tunisia, I'm going to Portugal... maybe just for one day" (And I know it's worse for aussie players of course !)
I mean too, I could understand he doesn't want to play so many tournaments, weeks after weeks.
Of course I'm proud of his courage to soldier on playing. He's right. The last year, he insisted on playing on Fall, we were starting to think he's crazy (he is ! lol) and finally his work paid, he found again his tennis in stockholm.

One thing is sure: I would have never been a professional tennis player. lol

Guy Forget
Old 05-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #37
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

ahh marine... he's used to travelling, i don't think it affects his planning much. it's probably like getting up and taking the local bus/train for him lol but don't worry, i know what you're saying

losing is perhaps much harder to get used to... but at this moment, maybe he's in shock at his poor level of play and hasn't figured anything out. if he's still this bad on grass and then on u.s. hard, then he needs to consider his options seriously. of course a plummeting ranking would also force him to think.

when he decides to quit, we'll surely be mourning here for a while
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #38
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Between 2 out of form players it has been a close match as we could expect. 75/46/64

I didn't follow the beginning this but when i come back home the match was not finished while i though it would be. He was a break down in the third set then broke back and serve for the match at 5-3 but he needs of 2 MP on the russian's serve at 5-4 to conclude that nearly 3 hours match. I didn't see the match but the fight to come back from a break down in the third is good even if Igor was surely nor playing great A win is a win when it's tough to have one and it's his 299 wins on ATP Tour level One more and he would reach the 300 wins on main tour. Falla is next and as he beats chela he must be in form. He has also the doubles with his new swedish pal.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #39
country flag Marine

Yes, a win is a win. I think arnaud can be happy after winning this marathon match. If only it could give him more confidence...

Clément s'est arraché

Arnaud Clément a mené un duel au long cours comme il en a tellement l'habitude pour passer le premier tour à Estoril lundi : opposé au Russe Igor Kunytsin, l'Aixois a bataillé pendant 2h52 avant de s'imposer en trois manches (7-5, 4-6, 6-4). Déjà battu sur moquette et sur herbe par son adversaire, Clément a difficilement trouvé la clé pour venir à bout du joueur de Vladivostok. Mené 3-1 dans la dernière manche, le Français a réussi à refaire son break de retard avant de remporter son deuxième match de l'année sur terre battue. Il retrouvera au prochain tour le Colombien Alejandro Falla, tombeur de Juan Ignacio Chela (6-4, 7-6 [4]).

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...t-arrache.html

Clément s'en sort bien

Arnaud Clément a passé dans la douleur lundi le 1er tour du tournoi d'Estoril.
Le Français a dû batailler ferme pour écarter de sa route le Russe Igor Kunitsyn en trois sets 7-5, 4-6, 6-4. Au prochain tour, le Français sera opposé au Colombien Alejandro Falla, qui a créé la première surprise du tournoi en sortant l'Argentin Ignacio Chela, tête de série N.7, en deux manches 6-4, 7-6.

http://sport.france2.fr/tennis/atp-w...-62863129.html

Guy Forget
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #40
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Maybe I didn't find the good terms to express my feelings (can I do it in french ? )
My english is very "approximative".

I mean, I wouldn't be able to find all this motivation if I was Arnaud. I mean, he's couragious to still travel so much while he loses very early most of time. Actually, not easy to think "ok, I'm going to Tunisia, I'm going to Portugal... maybe just for one day" (And I know it's worse for aussie players of course !)
I mean too, I could understand he doesn't want to play so many tournaments, weeks after weeks.
Of course I'm proud of his courage to soldier on playing. He's right. The last year, he insisted on playing on Fall, we were starting to think he's crazy (he is ! lol) and finally his work paid, he found again his tennis in stockholm.

One thing is sure: I would have never been a professional tennis player. lol
It's clearer now. Just found it a sort of shocking statement before.

But great news about winning now.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #41
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

the last time he had a marathon win, he was crushed by his next opponent, right?

sorry

i actually checked his score on the phone just before nodding off last night, it was 3-3 in the 3rd, already a shocking positive but it goes to show that soulage knows igor's level very well
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #42
country flag soulage

Robert was watching the match and for him it was a great match http://answermyquestionjerk.se/robert/estoril-2/. He's a big fan of Arno They didn't train after the match cos Arno was too tired. Google made this from swedish
Quote:
As I said, ill wind today. How difficult has played at any time. So I have to mention I watched the match between Clement / Kunitsyn. Incredibly high quality, with very few unforced errors. And those unforced errors that came clearly depended on the wind and felstudsar. But what struck me the most was that the Court nearly three hours so it was said hardly a negative comment. I was very impressed. Had it been me I had of course guaranteed a rack helicopters after game two and made up my mind that it is completely impossible to play today ...
They play doubles tomorrow surely after the single match of Arno.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #43
country flag Kezzi

Thanks for posting! Great post.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #44
country flag soulage

It's funny because in his blog Robert make the promotion of Estoril saying everytime it's a fantastic place and how great is the hotel and just see that in the preview tournament video we can see Arno talking about the great club it is there and that he found also the hotel great with a nice view on the ocean It's at 1.26 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdGHavrt1PM
Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #45
country flag Marine

They are so polite these tennismen... the same speech at every tournament "I like the tournament, it's a great place, the organisation is very good...blablabla..." lol

Guy Forget