more help from jazar or someone else please re racquets - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
country flag andre1717

andre1717 is on a distinguished road
Cool more help from jazar or someone else please re racquets

Hi there.

I recently bought a Head extreme team and found it "tinny/twangy" and the control was poor, and power wasnt great either. Im 50 and after decades of not playing am doing about 6 hours a week socially so am keen but not good.

Anyway I asked my "coach" to try my racquet to see if everything was in order. He said the strings were extremely tight but otherwise it was ok. Anyway he lent me his racquet a Head MP radical youtek and this racquet was so much better than mine. Smaller head size weighed a bit more and it just had so much more feel and control. maybe the power was not so great but overall it was a nice racquet. ( I last played regularly when wood racquets weighing 400-5oo grams was the norm and Jimmy Connors was world number 1 )
So ive started to look again for a new racquet.I cant afford a new Radical you tek so wondered if the flexpoint/liquid metal/microgel Radicals were as good and as they are "old stock" i can buy second hand. Also what do you recon on the head prestige youtek or microgel and what would the main difference be between the radical and prestige , is it weight mainly or ? and also your thoughts on the wilson k factor six one 95 or six one 95 blx.
The string pattern of his racquet was 18/20 against my 16/18? would that make any significant difference to the "feel" . Most of the MP versions seem to be usually strung as 18/20 . Thanks in advance .
andre1717 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: more help from jazar or someone else please re racquets

older models of the radical are the same spec, but will have slightly different feels due to their differing technologies.

the main difference between the radical and prestige is the weight, with the prestiges being 25g heavier. the prestige is a much more demanding racket to use and i would only recommend it to strong players, with solid technique playing regularly. i've seen more social/recreational players use it before with very little success. the wilson blx 61 95 is similar to a prestige, but heavier, stiffer and more demanding. again, its a frame i most definitely do not recommend for social playera
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
country flag andre1717

andre1717 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: more help from jazar or someone else please re racquets

Thanks very much Jazar. Top man !
andre1717 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote