AFL - Rnd 2 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFL - Rnd 2

Brisbane -18.5 @ $1.91

Who is going to stop Brisbane's forward line? Carlton have no one who will kick their goals and Brisbane will run out of defense at every opportunity. Voss has Brisbane well drilled to run a defensive zone and the Eagles had no answer to that. Carlton won't have any answer to that either. Brisbane have more class over the park than Carlton and should prevail by at least 5 goals. A 10 goal thrashing is likely too.

Collingwood -44.5 @ $1.91 - Collingwood should blow this mob out of the water. As I say, Melbourne are aiming for a priority pick this year. A source within their club states that.

Kangaroos +36.5 @ $1.91 - I expect Kangaroos to cover this line.

Essendon -15.5 @ $1.91 - Fremantle are a crap team. Essendon will run, run and run. Essendon should beat Fremantle here considering Fremantle have a shit record in Melbourne. Anyone thinking of backing Fremantle should give up gambling.

Bulldogs -43.5 @ $1.91 - After last week's shocking performance, the Dogs will want to bounce back here and that they will.

Good luck!

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
country flag beeker

beeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Mate, Charman won't play more than 5 games this year. Clark was sick last week - they nearly took him out of the side. It's an irrelevant argument that you are bringing across. Leunberger is back and fit and he is the other ruckman and he played well last week.

If Charman was fully fit, Charman would be playing reserves. Charman won't be around much this year whilst Leunberger and Clark are fit and firing.

Brisbane's number 1 ruckman at the moment is Clark. Their number two is Leunberger. Their number 3 is Charman. Charman is at the bottom of the food chain. You have no idea what you're talking about. If you did, you wouldn't bring up this Charman argument whilst there's another ruckman in the side other than Clark.
Leunberger and Clark are fit and firing!!!

I saw Leunberger last week drop 2 uncontested marks, no presure sure its rd1 but the guy in unco !! he was pathetic, if he is number 2 then they have real problems. Charman fit is always going to be perfered over Leunberger. Charman missed most of last yr didnt he, got injuried again just before rd1 IF he was healthy he'd be playing not Leunberger.
beeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #18

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Leunberger and Clark are fit and firing!!!

I saw Leunberger last week drop 2 uncontested marks, no presure sure its rd1 but the guy in unco !! he was pathetic, if he is number 2 then they have real problems. Charman fit is always going to be perfered over Leunberger. Charman missed most of last yr didnt he, got injuried again just before rd1 IF he was healthy he'd be playing not Leunberger.
based on one game you are dismissing Leunberger? He has struggled with injury over the last two years and when he's been on the field, he's been good. It's no coincidence they had him in the All-Star v Victoria game two years back. Trust me, if Charman was fully fit this week, he still wouldn't be playing.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
bad gambler

Blues to beat Lions - $3.55

gl
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
country flag beeker

beeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Ok my Rd 2 picks..

Thurs 01 Apr - Round 2

Brisbane Carlton

Sat 03 Apr - Round 2

Collingwood Melbourne
West Coast Port Adelaide
St Kilda North Melbourne
Sun 04 Apr - Round 2

Adelaide Sydney
Essendon Fremantle
Richmond Western Bulldogs
Mon 05 Apr - Round 2

Hawthorn Geelong

GL.
beeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

Season Record: 1-1
Best Bet: 0-0

Round 2 selections:

Carlton +22.5 vs Brisbane

Last years elimination final loss to the Lions will still be fresh in the minds of the Carlton players. They go in to tonights match without Brendan Fevola and no doubt have less potency going foward. The x factor in this Carlton side though is Jared Waite who was outstanding last week in his return from a knee reconstruction. He has the ability to play foward, take a strong mark and kick a long goal as well as the athleticism to run with Jonathan Brown if he needs to.
Many would argue that Fevola is a uncoverable loss from the Carlton foward line but while this is true, I would also argue that the Carlton foward line is now more unpredictable than ever and rather than simply play 3 backs on Fevola like they used to, Brisbane now actually have to plan to negate the unpredictability of O'Hailpin, Henderson and of course Betts and Yarran who can both be extremely dangerous.
Apart from missing Waite in last years final, we also didnt have a full strength defence and tonight we will have a full strength backline, a backline that knows Fevola better than any other team. Add to that Robbie Warnock who now forms an awesome ruck tandom with Kreuzer and will put up a tough fight against the Brisbane ruck stocks.
I think its likely Brisbane will win this but Im not totally discounting a Carlton win, the Blues have too much class all over the park to get thumped here. If you think Brisbane will definitely win then back them 1-39 because I can assure you Carlton will stay competitive tonight. They have too much to prove.

Melbourne +46.5 vs Collingwood
You couldnt get two different contrasting sides from last week. Melbourne were abysmal. Collingwood were awesome. The press in Melbourne over the last week have absolutely torn Melbourne to shreds and there is a lot of pride on the line this week. Senior player Brad Green has come out and publically promised a stronger, more spirited performance. This is the only real resaoning I have because on paper they are set for another drubbing. There is no doubt in the world Collingwood will win this match, but the Demons cannot afford to put in another display like they did last weekend. And Collingwood, a team with awesome footskills and who play on momentum, will not be as accurate or precise with their skills on the MCG. I think Collingwood will win this by 4-5 goals.

Adelaide -12.5 vs Sydney
This bet is a dangerous one i acknowledge given the Swans ability to keep games close, tough, dour boring affairs and choke teams to the point where they cannot play their natural game. They do that well in Sydney and not so well away from home. But my main reason for backing the Crows here is because of their inclusions. They welcome back perhaps three of their most important players in Burton, Maric and Porplyzia. Adelaide will be stinging from their embarassing defeat at the hands of Fremantle last week and will be looking to bounce back impressiveley infront of their home fans. This game may be close but the two goal line is too tempting to ignore.

I may add some more plays as the weekend goes on.

gl

Last edited by Bolelli Ultra : 04-01-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #22
country flag kloppy

kloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond repute

Bris-Carl Total game score over 176.5 @ 1.90 - Only heavy rain stopping this going over.

Fevola over 3.5 goals @ 2.05
kloppy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #23

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

Who was 176 with? The lowest i saw it anywhere was 183.5. Its now 186.5
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #24

Paul Bower is out for Carlton..... worrying
Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
country flag kloppy

kloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
Who was 176 with? The lowest i saw it anywhere was 183.5. Its now 186.5
CB
Old 04-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
Paul Bower is out for Carlton..... worrying
Didn't you know that? I found that out yesterday he wouldn't play.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #27
country flag kloppy

Bris-Carl Total score over 221 @ 10.00
Brisbane highest scoring team of the round @ 17.00
Old 04-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #28
country flag Alistair

Alistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Didn't you know that? I found that out yesterday he wouldn't play.
It's all smoke and mirrors until those team sheets are lodged.
Alistair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #29

Kloppy knows his football.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #30

Brisbane 40+ @ $3
Brisbane 60+ @ $6.75

Rischitelli more disposals than Drummond, Johnstone, Sherman, Houlihan, McLean, Simpson and Russell @ $6.50