AFL - Rnd 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
country flag kloppy

kloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond repute
Default AFL - Rnd 2

Absolute certainties:

Brisbane -18.5 @ 1.91
Western Bulldogs -48.5 @ 1.91

Highly likely:

Brisbane -39.5 @ 3.30
Western Bulldogs -59.5 @ 2.56

Very much possible:

Brisbane -59.5 @ 6.80
Western Bulldogs -99.5 @ 13.00

Too far?:

Brisbane -99.5 @ 38.00
kloppy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra
Default Re: AFL - Rnd 2

lol, ridiculous. Id love to know your reasoning behind your very strong lean towards Brisbane. Carlton have played very well at the GABBA in the past two seasons and have won 3 of the past 5 against Brisbane.

Not to mention that the two teams met in a practice match a few weeks ago, a game Carlton won by 14 points. I know its just a practice match but Jamison destroyed Fevola, keeping him to 1 goal and Carlton were missing Jared Waite who will probably line up on Brown.

I think Brisbane will win a close one, they may very well cover the line but your other suggestions are ludicrous.
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane rested half their starters for that practice match.

You can't take anything out of that practice match.

Yes, you may have won 3 out of the last 5 or whatever but you don't have a forward line.

Our running defenders and Maguire are going to have a field day.

Carlton will get flogged.

If Brisbane don't cover the spread against Carlton I'll never post on the Gamblers Lounge again.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #4

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs will bounce back this week big time too.

Oh, UNLOAD ON MELBOURNE TO WIN THE WOODEN SPOON - the team would only be aiming at a couple of wins this year. Trust me, they want the spoon. They need good picks.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
country flag kloppy

kloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond reputekloppy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
lol, ridiculous. Id love to know your reasoning behind your very strong lean towards Brisbane.
Are you a Carlton supporter? If so your judgment may be a little clouded... citing that practice match as an indicator of anything only confirms this. The recent head-head results also reveal nothing... swap Fevola's jumper to a Brisbane one, remove Judd and Carlton lose ALL those games by 10 goals plus.

Look, Carlton have no forward line, an average backline and judd-less midfield. Brisbane have an exceptional forward line, a solid backline and a dangerous midfield. Brisbane are a side that uses momentum like no other... they run in waves, the ball appears almost drawn to their forward line and in the space of 20 minutes they have kicked 7-8 goals. This game will be a massacre.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
country flag kloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Oh, UNLOAD ON MELBOURNE TO WIN THE WOODEN SPOON - the team would only be aiming at a couple of wins this year. Trust me, they want the spoon. They need good picks.
Have to disagree with you there. Melbourne have some important players to return still... they'll improve, and I expect 6-8 wins from them this year. Richmond will be lucky to win a game this year though... Rnd 1 is their level... they won't improve... this is it. They will win the spoon with ease.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
bad gambler

Quote:
If Brisbane don't cover the spread against Carlton I'll never post on the Gamblers Lounge again.

Early lean for me are the Swans getting 15.5 points against the Crows. Easily the most impressive team that lost over the weekend and if it weren't for a couple of free kicks given to the Saints golden boy they could have won that game
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
country flag beeker

beeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppy View Post
Are you a Carlton supporter? If so your judgment may be a little clouded... citing that practice match as an indicator of anything only confirms this. The recent head-head results also reveal nothing... swap Fevola's jumper to a Brisbane one, remove Judd and Carlton lose ALL those games by 10 goals plus.

Look, Carlton have no forward line, an average backline and judd-less midfield. Brisbane have an exceptional forward line, a solid backline and a dangerous midfield. Brisbane are a side that uses momentum like no other... they run in waves, the ball appears almost drawn to their forward line and in the space of 20 minutes they have kicked 7-8 goals. This game will be a massacre.
I think you over-rate Brisbane a liitle, they have a couple of forwards capable of kiicking multile goals, same as last year, a decent (suspect under pressure)injury prone back line(injury prone team for that matter, especially ruckmen) and an slightly below average mid field i believe, especially with Charman out, Black looked poor first up and they turn the ball over all the time, as they did last year. They rely on there key forwards to win them matches which seems to comensate/hide their other deficiencies.
I think Carlton will be a better team without Fev (1 man forward lines dont work) and for that matter niether do 2 man forward line, Brisbane has proved that.
beeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
I think you over-rate Brisbane a liitle, they have a couple of forwards capable of kiicking multile goals, same as last year, a decent (suspect under pressure)injury prone back line(injury prone team for that matter, especially ruckmen) and an slightly below average mid field i believe, especially with Charman out, Black looked poor first up and they turn the ball over all the time, as they did last year. They rely on there key forwards to win them matches which seems to comensate/hide their other deficiencies.
I think Carlton will be a better team without Fev (1 man forward lines dont work) and for that matter niether do 2 man forward line, Brisbane has proved that.
Charman was out most the year last year and we relied on one ruckman and no backline and still made the semi's. The Charman argument is pointless.

Brisbane had Fevola and Brown have more than 12 shots on goal between them last week. You would think they would get at least 70% of those shots in goals. Throw in a goal kicking midfield in Sherman and a Staker who can kick straight and you have plenty of goals there to win you a match.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppy View Post
Have to disagree with you there. Melbourne have some important players to return still... they'll improve, and I expect 6-8 wins from them this year. Richmond will be lucky to win a game this year though... Rnd 1 is their level... they won't improve... this is it. They will win the spoon with ease.
Trust me. They want the priority pick this year. They are only aiming at 2-3 wins at most. That is word from someone inside the club. Melbourne have the spoon.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #11

If Brisbane don't cover -18.5, I won't post on the Gamblers Lounge for 12 months starting 1st April 2010. You have my word. As a man who bases himself on pride and integrity, I will stick by that word.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
bad gambler

Quote:
If Brisbane don't cover -18.5, I won't post on the Gamblers Lounge for 12 months starting 1st April 2010. You have my word. As a man who bases himself on pride and integrity, I will stick by that word.
Noted
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 AM   #13

Brisbane -18.5 @ $1.91 - Good luck

Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
country flag beeker

beeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond reputebeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Charman was out most the year last year and we relied on one ruckman and no backline and still made the semi's. The Charman argument is pointless.

Brisbane had Fevola and Brown have more than 12 shots on goal between them last week. You would think they would get at least 70% of those shots in goals. Throw in a goal kicking midfield in Sherman and a Staker who can kick straight and you have plenty of goals there to win you a match.
Charman argument is pointless IF Clark is playing like he was last year, he did nothing last week, not just in the ruck, he had little impact around the ground from what i saw, . Hence if thats the case the Charmen argument is VERY relavent. And i repeat the Brisbane mid field is less than average compared to the best going round, against the bottom side they will look good, but who expects WCE to make the 8 & they were playing at the gabba, but it is only Rd 1...
beeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Charman argument is pointless IF Clark is playing like he was last year, he did nothing last week, not just in the ruck, he had little impact around the ground from what i saw, . Hence if thats the case the Charmen argument is VERY relavent. And i repeat the Brisbane mid field is less than average compared to the best going round, against the bottom side they will look good, but who expects WCE to make the 8 & they were playing at the gabba, but it is only Rd 1...
Mate, Charman won't play more than 5 games this year. Clark was sick last week - they nearly took him out of the side. It's an irrelevant argument that you are bringing across. Leunberger is back and fit and he is the other ruckman and he played well last week.

If Charman was fully fit, Charman would be playing reserves. Charman won't be around much this year whilst Leunberger and Clark are fit and firing.

Brisbane's number 1 ruckman at the moment is Clark. Their number two is Leunberger. Their number 3 is Charman. Charman is at the bottom of the food chain. You have no idea what you're talking about. If you did, you wouldn't bring up this Charman argument whilst there's another ruckman in the side other than Clark.