French Open stays at Roland Garros - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #31
country flag tensyo

tensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roland Garros to lose French GS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
That ridiculousness still going on about Bercy
What exactly did they take from Bercy? They play whenever they're not injured or tanking exhausted and all they did was give their opinion of the court when asked about it by the TDs Seems unfair how everything gets blamed unto Roger

Now, Rafa I could see where you're coming from: he certainly got what he wanted with that pathetically slow, high bouncing court.
So it is unfair to blame Federer because "all he did was give his opinion of the court when asked about it by the TDs"

but it is alright to blame Rafa because "all he did was give his opinion of the court when asked about it by the TDs"
tensyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #32
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
You will be sorry when some young Frenchie wins the Euro-Slam! @ Disneyland Paris Open.
they might as well rename it as Disney Open and get the company to sponsor it...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #33
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
they might as well rename it as Disney Open and get the company to sponsor it...

regards,
wacky
Now, that would be hilarious. I can just see it, "Nadal, King of Disney" or "Nadal, The Disney Monster".
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #34
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
That ridiculousness still going on about Bercy
What exactly did they take from Bercy? They play whenever they're not injured or tanking exhausted and all they did was give their opinion of the court when asked about it by the TDs Seems unfair how everything gets blamed unto Roger

Now, Rafa I could see where you're coming from: he certainly got what he wanted with that pathetically slow, high bouncing court.
Fedal acted like whiny bitches so they got rid of the only carpet TMS for a slow indoor hard one.

The history of guys like Becker, Sampras, Safin, Henman and other indoor monsters dominating the event was tarnished.

And now Federer is whining about another tournament not catering to his every whim and will probably get it changed as well.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #35
country flag castle007

castle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Federer the head of players' union or something like that?? Wouldn't that list of complaints be a collections of things that tennis players don't like about the tournament, and not his own list???
castle007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:24 AM   #36
country flag tea
Banned!

tea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond reputetea has a reputation beyond repute

So, Roger won it before it became a Disneyland. I think that's the only what matters. But I also fear 4 years before Roger won it, it had been a Disneyland as well. So, they may move it to it's deserved location as far as RogiGOAT already achieved his Career Slam. Go on.
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #37
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great idea....it'd be even better if they'd get rid of all clay tournaments as well.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #38
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
If they do it, I'm done with it. History and tradition mean nothing in tennis anymore, yeah some things evolve but to take away a precious piece of tennis history is just too much.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8580652.stm
ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous to even think of moving the event ........if they move the FO, it will have to bear the look of a commercial clown event like us open or aus open........i am just 24 and already fed up with all the clown events and one dimensional tennis........roland garros and wimbledon are the main reasons why i am still following the sport........
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #39
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute
Default French Open could be saved at Roland Garros

...it wouldn't be the same

The French Open could be forced into a "heartbreaking" move away from Paris in the next few years due to problems with the infrastructure at Roland Garros. Organisers have long considered ways of extending the current stadia but these have stalled because of opposition from the public and environmentalists.
And tournament director Gilbert Ysern explained: "We have two options, make it bigger or move out.
"It would be heartbreaking to leave Paris but we have to consider it."
A final decision on whether the tournament will remain in Paris is expected during a general assembly of the French Tennis Federation scheduled for next February.

But while the various extension plans have not been completely dismissed, organisers are now considering four possible new locations in the Paris suburbs, all over 15 kms away from the capital, including Versailles and Disneyland Paris.
"Over the last 10 years, the three other grand slam tournaments have progressed, notably in terms of infrastructure, but we haven't," Ysern added, referring to the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
"Roland Garros cannot stay the way it is."
The French Open attracts 450,000 spectators during the fortnight it takes place, but Ysern revealed that world number one Roger Federer had given him a "long list of complaints" about the Paris tournament.
This year's French Open runs from 24 May to 6 June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8580652.stm
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #40
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

shit move.. i will stop watching tennis if aussie open is moved to ASia
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #41
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous to even think of moving the event ........if they move the FO, it will have to bear the look of a commercial clown event like us open or aus open........i am just 24 and already fed up with all the clown events and one dimensional tennis........roland garros and wimbledon are the main reasons why i am still following the sport........
how are the aussie open and us-open clown events, the y are the best ones
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #42
country flag -Valhalla-
Mais Oui

-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute

Like Centre Court at Wimbledon, Chatrier is iconic and it oozes CHARM and HISTORY. I suspect the banksters over at BNP Paribas are behind this in some way. Just look at Arthur Ashe Stadium [EASILY the worst slam showcourt in the world] and what the banksters at JP Morgan Chase and American Express did to that. Two levels of luxury suites [for their greedy, corrupt ilk] that push the average ticketholder seated in the promenade out into STRATOSPHERIC HEIGHTS. Terrible seating and with absolutely no warmth, intimacy, or charm -- just a massive, monolithic piece of shit designed only to maximize $$$ [at the expense of fan enjoyment] and serve as a playground for the debauched.

Fucking ridiculous.

"He who endures, conquers."
- Persius
-Valhalla- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #43
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

If they have to move, Versailles would be the best choice, and not just because it's 10 minutes from my parents' place.
It's the only of the 4 places suggested that has enough prestige.

Disneyland and Gonesse (I don't know about Evry) have good transports facilities but like elessar said, there's nothing else around to see. And Gonesse is next to one of the busiest airports in the world.

I wonder where they would build it in Versailles though.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #44
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
This is a great idea....it'd be even better if they'd get rid of all clay tournaments as well.
why should they? :retard: clay is the traditional surface in europe and tennis is not an american sport.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #45
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
why should they? :retard: clay is the traditional surface in europe and tennis is not an american sport.
Clay tennis is bad tennis. Clay is a barbaric surface for a sport...it should be reserved only for poor children in areas that cannot afford real tennis courts.

Move the tournament to Los Angeles and put it on a fast hardcourt, or maybe grass.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote