James Duckworth Cheering Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default James Duckworth Cheering Thread

He is currently playing the 15th Sarawak Chief Minister's Cup, in Malaysia. After qualifying in two pretty easy straight set matches. He is now played three matches and is through to the quarter final's in straight sets. He will next play America's Campbell Johnson.

Duckworth played in Thailand last week where he made the main draw by qualifying then made it to the third round, he also ended up winning the doubles title with Benjamin Mitchell, who did the double last week winning the singles and the doubles. These are some of his stats.

Birth Date - 21/01/1992
Birth Place - Sydney, NSW
Residence - Sydney, NSW
Nationality - Australian
Plays - Right Hand (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface - Grass
Coach - Ben Pyne
Current Ranking - 169
Career High - 17

He is also currently ranked 1395 in the men's rankings at the moment.

Good Luck to James in Malaysia.
Hewitt2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
country flag JtK

JtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond reputeJtK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Duckworth Cheering Thread

He is through to the semis, het won 6-1 6-4, i think he has a good chance of winning this tournament.
Also in the other semi final Andrew Whittington will be playing.
JtK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

There is something odd about this guy, he has been around for so long yet he is still playing juniors. I remember he played in the Australian Open junior tournament back when Brydan Klein won it, which was like 4 years ago.

My guess would be that he realises that he can't make a huge impact on the senior scene at the moment and is going to try and use his junior results to gain WCs and assistance into senior tournaments.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
There is something odd about this guy, he has been around for so long yet he is still playing juniors. I remember he played in the Australian Open junior tournament back when Brydan Klein won it, which was like 4 years ago.

My guess would be that he realises that he can't make a huge impact on the senior scene at the moment and is going to try and use his junior results to gain WCs and assistance into senior tournaments.
Maybe that is his plan. Being born in January is great for your final year of juniors as you're older than virtually everyone else. I mean he's 9 months older than Tomic but they both have the same date they have to finish juniors (Dec 31 this year).
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute

James has just made the final, with a win over an American wildcard 4-6 6-1 6-1. He will meet fellow Australia Andrew Whittington in the final, amazingly they are both qualifiers. Good Luck to the both of them. Would be great to see a win from either won but im not sure but i reckon the winner will be top 100 on monday.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
country flag Wrong Direction

Wrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond reputeWrong Direction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post

When he was given the wild card, Tennis Australia overlooked a number of promising 17-18 y.o at the time. He duly had his arse handed to him on a plate by his opponent. I don't really see the reasoning behind playing juniors once you have ATP points. Having said that all the best to James with his up coming matches.
Wrong Direction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Duckworth d. Whittington 6-3 6-2. Should get his ranking into the top 60, would be smart of him to play in the G1 next week in the Phillipines to ensure he gets his ranking high enough to play in all the junior grand slams this year.

Suprising that our juniors do so well in these so called high level tournaments.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
country flag Matchu

James has won his second junior G1 title in as many weeks, he will move to around 28 in the world with this result. I guess he will come into the Grand Slams with lots of confidence.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #9
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

At the moment James is playing in Bundaberg, a Australian future tournament on clay. James is through to the second round after defeating Kris Balakrishnan who is the sixth seed 6-2 6-2. Very impresive win for him.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #10
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Duckworth ending up making the quarter-finals of the Australia F4.

Duckworth is on a massive 15 match winning streak in juniors by reaching the semi-finals in Belgium. All these wins have come at G1 events.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Duckworth lost in the final of the G1 junior event to local countrymen Jason Kubler 6-7 7-6 6-4. Now Duckworth is playing the Roland Garros juniors he won first round 7-6 6-7 6-2 he had a few match points in the second set tie break, he also got 17 aces must have an ok serve never seen him play but good luck in the second round hope he can win.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

James is currently down 2-3 0-15 serving in the second set after winning the first set 7-6, also can someone answer this has anyone watched Duckworth in a tournament or anything because he has got a serve, i saw the score at 5-5 he had 2 aces then ended up with 8 for the first set he got 6 aces in a game and a tie break thats not bad. Now down 2-4 15-0. Good Luck James.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Duckie got the upper hand in the 3rd, running away for a 6-2 last set win after a huge struggle against the No. 12 seed. Have watched James progress through the years, was at Shore School in North Sydney(just like Jonesie) and has developed a decent serve and an impressive game from the back of the court. Did some damage in the Oz WC play-off last year, beating Klein. Hope he goes one better than Jonesie at RG
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #14
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Yeah well done Duckworth, ended up with 12 aces. Good luck in the third round of RG Juniors. Then good luck if you play any where before you go to play Wimbledon Juniors.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

James is through to the QF's after beating a player ranked about 500 in the mens, he won 7-5 6-1. He will next play home town boy Gina Mina good luck James.