The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #646
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Ebden paid tribute to Hewitt after the match, saying the veteran helped to inspire him in the deciding set.

“Rusty was incredible. He really showed me how to win a fifth set,” Ebden told AAP.

“He got super pumped, definitely led me and came up with some big points.

“It was a good quality match and such an important one to win.”

Hewitt felt the decision to miss the opening singles had worked out perfectly and said Australia would also benefit from keeping Istomin and Dustov on court for almost four hours.

“You really have to try and be as fresh as possible going into the key matches and that was the thinking,” Hewitt said.

“It’s nice we can keep them out there a long time today for five sets but Matty and I felt pretty fresh which is good.”

Rafter paid tribute to both sides, admitting he was surprised with how Uzbekistan kept fighting.

“It was one of the best doubles matches I’ve ever seen,” Rafter said.

“… It was a match that went a long time and that sets us up well for tomorrow but we’ve got to get the job done, no complacency.”

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #647
country flag Southend Aussies

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

Live stream is here for tomorrow. http://www.mtrk.uz/ Just go into sport and click on the player.

Singles Rank: (96); Career High (93)- Winner Como (CH) 2013, Mansfield (CH) 2013, Taipei City (CH) 2014.

Doubles Rank: (92); Career High (90) - Winner of Como (CH) 2013, Quimper (CH) 2014, Le Gosier (CH) 2014 with AussieAdz.

Semi Finalist in Queens and Bogota ATP.

Hopman Cup finalist in 2014.
Southend Aussies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #648

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

You can also join my live blog tomorrow for live scores and my opinion. http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/04/05...e-scores-blog/ Here is the link.

Singles Rank: (96); Career High (93)- Winner Como (CH) 2013, Mansfield (CH) 2013, Taipei City (CH) 2014.

Doubles Rank: (92); Career High (90) - Winner of Como (CH) 2013, Quimper (CH) 2014, Le Gosier (CH) 2014 with AussieAdz.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
Ebden paid tribute to Hewitt after the match, saying the veteran helped to inspire him in the deciding set.

“Rusty was incredible. He really showed me how to win a fifth set,” Ebden told AAP.

“He got super pumped, definitely led me and came up with some big points.

“It was a good quality match and such an important one to win.”

Hewitt felt the decision to miss the opening singles had worked out perfectly and said Australia would also benefit from keeping Istomin and Dustov on court for almost four hours.

“You really have to try and be as fresh as possible going into the key matches and that was the thinking,” Hewitt said.

“It’s nice we can keep them out there a long time today for five sets but Matty and I felt pretty fresh which is good.”

Rafter paid tribute to both sides, admitting he was surprised with how Uzbekistan kept fighting.

“It was one of the best doubles matches I’ve ever seen,” Rafter said.

“… It was a match that went a long time and that sets us up well for tomorrow but we’ve got to get the job done, no complacency.”
This might be the trip that makes this team really tight knit and capable of big and important things. Let's hope this continues.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #650
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southend Aussies View Post
Live stream is here for tomorrow. http://www.mtrk.uz/ Just go into sport and click on the player.
thanks

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #651
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

This is great. Probably would have been nice to win a little more confortably but a win is a win. I wouldn't have thought Dustov especially was any good at doubles but I have never seen him play.

I don't think the Hewitt/Ebden partnership will be an ongoing one. Neither have any particularly big shots (groundies or serve) so they really need to be crafty & fight for each point. Against quality teams in the World Group I can see them coming unstuck. In the World Group I'd rather see Guccione/Hewitt if Gooch can pull himself together. They compliment each others games very well, have the big serve and hot & cold big shots from Gooch coupled with everything we know Hewitt can do. They gel well & Lleyton gets Gooch fired up & hence they have never lost a Davis Cup match.

Do people agree with me?
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #652
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
This is great. Probably would have been nice to win a little more confortably but a win is a win. I wouldn't have thought Dustov especially was any good at doubles but I have never seen him play.

I don't think the Hewitt/Ebden partnership will be an ongoing one. Neither have any particularly big shots (groundies or serve) so they really need to be crafty & fight for each point. Against quality teams in the World Group I can see them coming unstuck. In the World Group I'd rather see Guccione/Hewitt if Gooch can pull himself together. They compliment each others games very well, have the big serve and hot & cold big shots from Gooch coupled with everything we know Hewitt can do. They gel well & Lleyton gets Gooch fired up & hence they have never lost a Davis Cup match.

Do people agree with me?
totally agree, a double's must play Hewitt and Guccione, it will be much safer and without much nerves, that was yesterday.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #653
country flag Ausie

Bernie getting ready for battle

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #654
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southend Aussies View Post

Ummm . . . I can't work out how to get this live-stream up. I'm into "Sport" but there are no player names. I tried clicking on Davis Cup running across the top - and I got a couple of women talking.

What do I need to do?
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 AM   #655
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozka View Post
Ummm . . . I can't work out how to get this live-stream up. I'm into "Sport" but there are no player names. I tried clicking on Davis Cup running across the top - and I got a couple of women talking.

What do I need to do?
http://www.mtrk.uz/#uz/sport/live/

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #656
country flag Ausie

Bernie serve 30-15

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #657
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute

Got it - its not very stable but it's there - thanks.
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #658
country flag Ausie

Tomic 1-0

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #659
country flag Ausie

1-1 and on serve Bernie 0-30

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #660
country flag Ausie

http://surhon.com/blog/uzbekiston_sp...2013-02-22-117

Lleyton Hewitt