The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #541
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Next week Matosevic will play double's with Matthew Ebden.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #542
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Matosevic / Hewitt is situational double's combination, at first Marinko was declared with Dodig, but Ivan withdrew from the tournament.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #543
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies forced to play Davis Cup tie in 'dangerous' Uzbekistan

Mark Stevens, Yahoo!7
March 1, 2013, 8:42 pm

Quote:
The Australian Davis Cup team have been forced into the dangerous back blocks of Uzbekistan to win back it's place in the world group.

The Aussies fear the city of Namangan is unsuitable for the team led by Lleyton Hewitt, and may request for the location of the tie to be changed.

Bad-boy Bernard Tomic is a also a chance to play in the crucial match at the bizarre venue.

Namangan, Uzbekistan is a world away from the glamour of the pro circuit. Devoid of anything better than a two-star hotel, Indian journeyman Rohan Bopanna expressed his disappointment about the circumstances when he played there last year.

"The hotel we are staying here at Uzbekistan (Namangan) is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in during a Davis Cup tie, all around the world," he posted on Twitter.

The Australian team are remaining diplomatic but are in talks with opposing officials regarding several assurances including accommodation and security.

Given the isolated nature of the city and all the concerns over the venue there is even a chance that Tennis Australia may put in an official request to have the tie moved.
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...us-uzbekistan/
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #544
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of them need toughening up anyway so it should be a good experience. complaining about hotels. Better than the hotel and airport floors that a lot of players have to sleep on in the hope of making it. The only issue is safety but from what I have heard and read it is nothing too extreme in that region.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #545
country flag The_Aussie17
Banned!

The_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond repute

They better not pull out like they did against India, and India end up getting an easy play off draw and then end up making the world group.
The_Aussie17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #546
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be many TA hangers-on and retired coaches with their snouts in the trough at the DC in Namangan. Lol.
It will be really interesting to see if Rafter goes - no First class or Business flights to that region and the hotels are poor standard as well.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #547
country flag Ausie

Uzbekistan - Australia

Venue: Sport Complex "Pahlavon", Namangan, Uzbekistan

Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #548
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

Herald Sun:
Quote:
AUSSIE tennis legend Pat Rafter and Bernard Tomic have healed their rift. Rafter told Confidential from the set of filming the new Bonds commercial that Tomic would join him in Uzbekistan early next month.

It will be the controversial Tomic’s first appearance in the team since Rafter banned him last year for a bad attitude. Rafter is Australia’s Davis Cup captain.

‘‘After Aussie Open we sorted things out,’’ he said. ‘‘I said, ‘we are going to need you for the next one’, and he said ‘I want to be part of it’.

‘‘We are looking forward to going over there for a win.’’

Rafter said he believed it was right to kick Tomic off the national team. ‘‘We had our differences but I think, at the end of the day, we both realised it was the right decision.

‘‘Hopefully we can get back together and start again.’’
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #549
country flag Ausie

Really good news for Australia

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #550
country flag Ausie

So, I think singles rubber: Tomic and Matosevic, doubles Rusty with Gooch.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #551
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Lleyton has lost to Istomin twice this year, including 6/2 6/1 only a couple of weeks ago. On clay in Uzbekistan surely Istomin wuold be even more of a favourite. So may be can't hurt to play Marinko there.
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #552
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

There was talk when Donskoy was playing Murray that Donskoy could be playing for Uzebakstan as well.

Ausie, that would be my selection as well, even though I'm skeptical on Marinko's mental strength, Hewitt can't play 3 days and Marinko has been having alright results.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #553
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard about Donskoy switching nationalities but if true that makes the tie very difficult.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #554
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
I haven't heard about Donskoy switching nationalities but if true that makes the tie very difficult.
this is not true, if russians moving a so it only in Kazakhstan But Donskoy now under wing of Marat Safin, I think Marat will not allow that he moved somewhere.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #555
country flag Ausie

Australia will practise in Munich after the Miami Masters.

Lleyton Hewitt