The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #481
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Great work Pat Rafter, team captain, doing the team a great service
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #482
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

it will be a good lesson for Tomic.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #483
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup ban turns up the heat on Tomic

Quote:
BERNARD Tomic has been suspended from Australia's opening Davis Cup tie in Taiwan next season, as the estrangement between the country's most talented young player and the tennis establishment spills over into what, for Tomic, threatens not to be such a happy new year.

It is believed that Tomic's support funding will also be cut by Tennis Australia for the start of 2013, amid growing exasperation over the 20-year-old's effort, attitude and commitment, if not his wayward off-court behaviour.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #484
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Tomic is dropped out

Pat saying he isn't committed to the country, what bullshit. His off-court attitude is horrible but he has played well in Davis Cup.

The only way they can punish Tomic is by controlling Davis Cup selection, so they are using it against him for other disciplinary issues which have nothing to do with Davis Cup. What dickheads.
Still should be able to beat Taiwan without Tomci would imagine but I can see this completely backfiring on TA in the enxt couple of years. I'm waiting for Tomic Snr to coem out some remarks soon...
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #485
country flag Ausie

Bernard Tomic has hit back at reports he was left out of Australia's Davis Cup team due to attitude issues. Tennis Australia director of tennis Craig Tiley was quoted on Thursday as saying Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter won't consider Tomic for the tie against Taiwan while questioning the 20-year-old's commitment to representing his country.

But Tomic later refuted the claims, insisting he told Rafter he was never available for the February clash and would instead be focusing on ATP events in the United States.
"I was never meant to play that Davis Cup tie," Tomic told the Ten Network.

"I spoke to Pat (about that).
"I'm going to use that time for training and to prepare for tournaments in America."

"I'm young and I'm learning. You get to a point where you need to stop and I think it's a good bit of advice," said Tomic.

"I'm working really hard and trying to push myself to become the best tennis player I can be.

"I've had a slippery slope the last year. It's changing me and I'll prove I'm going to be the best-ever player one day to play this game."

Tomic will get the chance to start proving the doubters wrong when he represents Australia at the Hopman Cup in Perth later this month.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #486
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

It's in Chinese Taipei, I'm sure he didn't want to play it

I really wouldn't blame him if he did go and represent Croatia. Dokic had to constantly deal with this crap from Tennis Australia and the media, but the difference was that she and her father actually did some things wrong.. Tomic just seems to be not winning enough

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #487
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
"...I'll prove I'm going to be the best-ever player one day to play this game."
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #488
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
It's in Chinese Taipei, I'm sure he didn't want to play it

I really wouldn't blame him if he did go and represent Croatia. Dokic had to constantly deal with this crap from Tennis Australia and the media, but the difference was that she and her father actually did some things wrong.. Tomic just seems to be not winning enough
Tennis Australia and Australian tennis in general is a big mess. No surprises here.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #489
country flag Ausie

Tennis Australia has done much to Tomic, both in financial terms and in the game. Rightly said Stoltenberg, that is not a punishment, but simply that a well thought Tomic, what is important, tennis or Ferrari, or partying.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #490
country flag Asadinator

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226531605516

Well said mate. But i'm worried he might get a lawsuit against him for talking against TA...
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #491
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
Tennis Australia has done much to Tomic, both in financial terms and in the game. Rightly said Stoltenberg, that is not a punishment, but simply that a well thought Tomic, what is important, tennis or Ferrari, or partying.
He can do whatever he likes off-court. None of TA's business if he drives to training with a ferrari or goes to parties at nights.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #492
country flag Ausie

let them do, now whole world is laughing at him, and over his statements that he would be the best player of all time.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #493
country flag Asadinator

Pretty sure Tomic doesn't care. He'll keep winning and proving haters wrong.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #494
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Pretty sure Tomic doesn't care. He'll keep winning and proving haters wrong.
that prove? that he will be better than Federer, McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi, Lever? So it is obvious not. To start would be in the top 20 to get into, but not the of gab.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #495
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

He's hilarious

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote