The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #421
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
is not Tomic's fault, it is a fact.
It is a fact.

Maybe they should have fielded Matosevic over Hewitt, considering that fact.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #422
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
It is a fact.

Maybe they should have fielded Matosevic over Hewitt, considering that fact.
given the bad experience Matosevic in Davis Cup so...

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #423
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
given the bad experience Matosevic in Davis Cup so...
This was not a bad experience for Hewitt? It's got to be the first DC tie Hewitt has lost both singles so convincingly. Let's not let him play again then either...

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #424
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This was not a bad experience for Hewitt? It's got to be the first DC tie Hewitt has lost both singles so convincingly. Let's not let him play again then either...
Hewitt lost Stebe and Mayer. Matosevic lost Wu Di and I did not want that to Lleyton playing Davis Cup, I wrote this last year. The only difference between me and you like that. I am very frustrated, you are very happy, you hoped that Australia would lose, because you're a troll.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #425
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Hewitt lost Stebe and Mayer. Matosevic lost Wu Di and I did not want that to Lleyton playing Davis Cup, I wrote this last year. The only difference between me and you like that. I am very frustrated, you are very happy, you hoped that Australia would lose, because you're a troll.
I'm frustrated as well, but I'm not frustrated as much by the loss as I am by the organization itself.

I made it 100% clear that I thought Matosevic out of the team was a huge mistake - not just for this tie - but for Matosevic as an individual, and upcoming ties that no doubt they'll want Matosevic to play (Hewitt near retirement, Tomic being alienated from the team, and our next tie in Brunei or wherever the fuck we're headed). Why should Matosevic even go and play now? What faith have they shown in him?

I hate the choices Rafter and co. are making in firstly leaving Matosevic out of the team, and secondly the way they're treating Tomic. I don't even like Tomic (but obviously I like Matosevic). It's like Hewitt can do whatever he wants now, lose matches to players outside the top 100, and it's okay because they'll blame Tomic anyway.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #426
country flag Ausie

Quote:
because they'll blame Tomic anyway.
Rafter blame, the first day should to play, though no difference who Ebden or Guccione, Lleyton would be ready for the final match. Matosevic can forget about DC, he 27 years old, he still has the Challenger level player, you need to invite young players, Ebden, Kubler, Saville, Duckworth, Smith and is ideally suited for this level rivals Korea and China.

Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by Ausie : 09-17-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #427
Dmitry Verdasco

Matosevic is playing the best tennis of his career, and he's not Challenger level at all. Stop that

Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #428
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Matosevic is playing the best tennis of his career, and he's not Challenger level at all. Stop that
best tennis for him, the Groth is now also shows the best tennis for yourself, it may have to take too? Matosevic on clay all time: ATP tour - 2-1, on chalenger tour 2-8.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #429
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute

I think if they want more immediate results but less results in the near future, get matosevic in the team. Given he has been playing very well the last year. But, in saying that he is 27 years old and I'm not sure how long he's good form will continue, not saying its gonna end in two months or something, couple years atleast I reckon. But if we pick one of the younger up and comers, sure well most deffinately spend a couple more years in the zonals, but atleast (providing they stick with the same player over a period of time) they'll have that experience that they can continue to build and hopefully become a good Davis cup player you know. Short term results pick Mato, long term stick the hard yards with a another youngster.....rafter has to choose, and hopefully soon. Just my opinion
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #430
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallace.. View Post
I think if they want more immediate results but less results in the near future, get matosevic in the team. Given he has been playing very well the last year. But, in saying that he is 27 years old and I'm not sure how long he's good form will continue, not saying its gonna end in two months or something, couple years atleast I reckon. But if we pick one of the younger up and comers, sure well most deffinately spend a couple more years in the zonals, but atleast (providing they stick with the same player over a period of time) they'll have that experience that they can continue to build and hopefully become a good Davis cup player you know. Short term results pick Mato, long term stick the hard yards with a another youngster.....rafter has to choose, and hopefully soon. Just my opinion
In my opinion, Tennis Australia take the whole team environment/experience/atmosphere thing way too far, and I think it's ignorant to keep living in the past like they are. Tennis is an individual sport when it comes to the crunch.

Long term, stick with another youngster? How many youngsters have actually broken through in the past decade? Tomic, and Guccione for a brief period. Even though Davis Cup is a team event, these are individual matches and Roche and Rafter can jump up and down all they want, but they can't do a fucking thing really. So pick you're best individuals at the time, it's what every other country does in Davis Cup for every tie.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #431
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In my opinion, Tennis Australia take the whole team environment/experience/atmosphere thing way too far, and I think it's ignorant to keep living in the past like they are. Tennis is an individual sport when it comes to the crunch.

Long term, stick with another youngster? How many youngsters have actually broken through in the past decade? Tomic, and Guccione for a brief period. Even though Davis Cup is a team event, these are individual matches and Roche and Rafter can jump up and down all they want, but they can't do a fucking thing really. So pick you're best individuals at the time, it's what every other country does in Davis Cup for every tie.
Hmmm yeah, each to their own
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #432
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I 100% agree with you. You pick the best players in form that make up the best team at the time. Clearly Matosevic should be ahead of Ebden but that wasn't really the decision the cost us the tie. What cost us the tie was the selection of Hewitt for 3 days in a row. What should of happened is that we should of played Ebden/matosevic on the first day against Mayer, leave lleyton for the doubles and then bring Hewitt in for the 5th rubber. 2 days is fine but 3 days just isn't going to happen. Yeah, it's easy to look in hindsight and we weren't even sure Tomic was going to beat Stebe but the best way we are going to win ties is by winning the 2 matches against the no.2 and the doubles.

It also seems that Rafter and Roche etc. seem to be creating a bit of a hostile environment, supposedly Rafter has an issue with Matosevic, deall the f*** with it, he too Cilic to 5 sets in new York for crying out loud. Supposedly Paul Hanley our best doubles player has an issue with Todd Woodbridge, deal the f*** with it, Todd. Sure I think Tomic should get ripped for some of his performances this year, his US Open performance was disagrceful and while his attiude stunk again this weekend, you can't really put any blame on Tomic, he beat Stebe and really mayer on clay is a horrible matchup, he is simply not good enough to beat him on clay at the moment. So there is a time and place Rochey but there you just look a massive old d***head.

Man, this result makes me sad.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #433
country flag Ausie

"I watched it again just a minute ago, and if you're reading lips, it was Rochey egging him on, trying to fire him up, and Bernie telling him he was tight," said Todd Woodbridge, Tennis Australia's head of professional tennis. "I'm sure it was just Rochey trying to get him going; I don't think there was any biffo. I'm fairly confident about that.

"I think it was a 'come on mate, let's get it going', and it was trying to drive some intensity into it, and often if you've watched Lleyton in the past he yells and carries on at the team trying to get them to give him energy. I think Rochey was trying to throw that in Bernard's direction."

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #434
country flag Ausie

Asia/Oceania Zone Group I

This draw will be held after the remaining Zone Group I relegation play-off tie between Chinese Taipei and New Zealand, which is taking place on 19-21 October.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #435
country flag Ausie

Next week will be Asia-Ocean Zone draw.

Lleyton Hewitt