The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #346
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
Ebden over Matosevic is the puzzle.
Probably personal reasons. But I think, Duckworth replaced Ebden, good chance for young player.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #347
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
what's the single ranking? At the beginning of this century, Woodbridge and Woodforde had little singles ranking, Guccione good doubles player, who has already been scanned, before such an important match, none experiment will be. I don't understand the problem, well, will be Matosevic in the team, what's the difference, it would be sitting on the bench and clapped her hands, he will not play, if the match will be on hard, then it may be some chances for him, would participate.
Yeah but, as Rafter and Tennis Australia are concerned, the emphasis is on WORK ETHIC.

Guccione, career high #67 who I remember competing well with Nadal and Ferrero, isn't maximising his potential either. Not even close. Why is it okay for Guccione to not work hard - but Tomic cops flack and Matosevic is excluded altogether.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #348
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Yeah but, as Rafter and Tennis Australia are concerned, the emphasis is on WORK ETHIC.

Guccione, career high #67 who I remember competing well with Nadal and Ferrero, isn't maximising his potential either. Not even close. Why is it okay for Guccione to not work hard - but Tomic cops flack and Matosevic is excluded altogether.
I'm not interested in the personality of Davis Cup, I wish that it would team won, if the result is achieved, then Rafter will be right.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #349
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post

lol, how do you know Guccione is not working hard?

Again, he is there for doubles with Hewitt.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #350
country flag Ausie

from twitter Tennis Australia

The roof is closed and the lights are on as Lleyton and Bernie practice in Hamburg

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #351
country flag Ausie

James Duckworth and Matt Ebden putting Hewitt/Guccione through their paces under the Hamburg roof

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #352
country flag Ausie

Rafter happy with Tomic's attitude ahead of Davis Cup clash with Germany

DAVIS Cup captain Pat Rafter has praised Bernard Tomic for his improved attitude in training before this week's tie against Germany in Hamburg.

The teenager found himself the centre of attention at the US Open for all the wrong reasons.

He was firstly accused of tanking by commentator John McEnroe at the end of his straight sets humbling at the hands of Andy Roddick.

Rafter labelled the performance at Flushing Meadows "disgraceful" and Tomic topped it all off with a petulant display in his post-match press conference.

However sitting next to Tomic at a press conference on Tuesday in national team track suits, the Australian pair put up a united front.

"He has really put his hand up and done everything that has been asked of him on the court and hitting the ball really well," Rafter said.

"I think everyone has been really impressed with how Bernie has been going."

In his first media outing since the US Open, Tomic said he wanted to leave the experience in the past and focus on trying to lift Australia back to the World Group by winning the Rothenbaum Stadium tie.

"I appreciate the question," he said. "That was in the past, I am here for Davis Cup and I want to help my team out as much as I can to get these boys over the line and if I can answer those questions after, I will."

World No.42 Tomic felt he had regained his confidence following his mauling on Arthur Ashe Stadium before taking on the Germans on clay.

"I think it has been a good week for me and I have been playing some of the best tennis of my life," he said.

Rafter's comments suggested that Lleyton Hewitt and Tomic will be Australia's singles players on the opening day.

World No.25 Florian Mayer will fill one of the singles positions for Germany with Cedrik-Marcel Stebe likely to fill the second spot.

Australia has been out of the 16-nation World Group since 2007 and lost playoffs to Switzerland, Belgium, Chile and Serbia.

The nation's chances of victory in the tie, starting Friday at 11.30am (19:30 AEST), have been enhanced with Germany's world No.18 Philipp Kohlschreiber not selected and No.21 Tommy Haas not available.

Rafter was still wary of the home team.

"Without Haas and Kohlschreiber they are not as strong but we expect them to be a tough team," he said.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #353
country flag au_sports_opinion

au_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond repute

Is it not being televised in Australia??
au_sports_opinion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #354
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
Is it not being televised in Australia??
http://www.tennis.com.au/tournaments...-2012/tv-guide

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #355
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Ausie
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #356
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #357
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #358
country flag Ausie

Tomic v Stebe to open the tie followed by Hewitt v Mayer

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #359
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #360
country flag Ausie

Friday

R1: Cedrik-Marsel Stebe (GER) v Bernard Tomic AUS

R2: Florian Mayer (GER) v Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)

Saturday

R3: Becker/Petzschner (GER) v Hewitt/Guccione (AUS)

Sunday

R4: Florian Mayer (GER) v Bernard Tomic (AUS)

R5: Cedrik-Marsel Stebe (GER) v Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)

Lleyton Hewitt