The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #211
country flag ogre

ogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
Bernard is likely before the end of the year will be in the top 30, I think Lleyton is necessary to refuse to play for the national team, do what I did Federer his career, he needs to focus on their health and performance in the tournament. At least until the autumn I hope he will not play in Davis Cup.
On ranking alone, Lleyton needs wild cards, or he back to playing in the challenger series which makes no sense. As a former #1 he can get wild cards, but eventually they get less frequent too. A depp run at the Australian open will fix the problem, but if it does not happen Davis Cup is likely to be the main goal Lleyton can focus on.
I do not see him electing to not play in Davis Cup. Even if he retires from all else (hope not!).
ogre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #212
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
On ranking alone, Lleyton needs wild cards, or he back to playing in the challenger series which makes no sense. As a former #1 he can get wild cards, but eventually they get less frequent too. A depp run at the Australian open will fix the problem, but if it does not happen Davis Cup is likely to be the main goal Lleyton can focus on.
I do not see him electing to not play in Davis Cup. Even if he retires from all else (hope not!).
with a press conference at Wimbledon

Quote:
Q. Your ranking is obviously going to take a knock after this. Are you up for qualifying, the hard sort of grind of trying to get back into the main draws?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Probably not, no. But my ranking, for me, it's not an issue. I'll get wild cards into a certain amount of tournaments that I'll want to play anyway.

As I've always said, your ranking takes care of itself. Once you're actually in the tournament, if I can play at that level consistently, then my ranking's the furthest thing from my mind.
Davis Cup last 5 years, only harms his health, so I want that to fully concentrate on his health and playing in tournaments, and let them play until September young Tomic and Ebden.

one world, one life, one love, only Lleyton Hewitt
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #213
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt is finished, too many injuries. He might have a good run at a small tournament somewhere but who cares anymore? He should do something worthwhile, like Davis Cup.
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #214
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and let them play until September young Tomic and Ebden.
No offense to Ebden, but he just had a lucky run and into a small stage in his career where he has hit form. If we want to get into WG, we need Hewitt.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #215
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
No offense to Ebden, but he just had a lucky run and into a small stage in his career where he has hit form. If we want to get into WG, we need Hewitt.
that is, without Hewitt is not possible to cope with a feeble team of China? then this problem is Australia, this match with China hinders the participation of Lleyton in San Jose, where this year he had a quarter-final.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #216
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
that is, without Hewitt is not possible to cope with a feeble command of China? then this problem is Australia, this match with China hinders the participation of Lleyton in San Jose, where this year he had a quarter-final.
Who cares about San Jose? Lleyton shouldn't, unless he wants to play tennis for money.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #217
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Who cares about San Jose? Lleyton shouldn't, unless he wants to play tennis for money.
I'll tell you he anything to anyone does not should. While others ignored the performances for his country, Federer and his ilk, he is not looking at the injuries he fought for his country, he not should to anyone.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #218
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
I'll tell you he anything to anyone does not should. While others ignored the performances for his country, Federer and his ilk, he is not looking at the injuries he fought for his country, he not should to anyone.
If Hewitt is so frail, it makes no difference. He's finished anyway, so might as well make his last days count.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #219
country flag Ausie

Quote:
If Hewitt is so frail, it makes no difference. He's finished anyway, so might as well make his last days count.
Who told you that he finished?

Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #220
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
Who told you that he finished?
His ranking
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #221
country flag Ausie

Quote:
His ranking
and that, he was due to injuries missed almost the entire year

Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #222
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
and that, he was due to injuries missed almost the entire year
I know, he can't get rid of his injuries anymore, his body can't take the load of his athletic game.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #223
country flag Ausie

Quote:
I know, he can't get rid of his injuries anymore, his body can't take the load of his athletic game.
if when you were a fan of his, should know that this year the injuries he had not, he is an old problem toe, and now he heals her, he promised next year to play week to week. Then we shall see what will happen to him.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #224
country flag ogre

ogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond repute

But unless he gets a deep run at the Aussie open, he can't play week to week. He does not have the entry to tournaments.
ogre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #225
country flag Asadinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
But unless he gets a deep run at the Aussie open, he can't play week to week. He does not have the entry to tournaments.
He can still get WCs right?

Anyway even if he could, playing week to week is very unlikely given his physical condition.