Brilliant Tennis Photography Thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #166
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brilliant Tennis Photography Thread

Dani Koellerer

WTA, sorry, but it's a memorable photo. Dina Safina, last year.

Henman
trying to pump himself up through heckling from all sides. Story of his career, pretty much.

Marat. Poster photo for his claim that he really didn't enjoy tennis so much sometimes.

Connected to tennis. The royal box reaction at Madrid finals 2009, near the end of the match. (unexpectedly - Federer def. Nadal 64 64)

Roddick. Safin.

Seams standard, but it's the first photo of Rafa that I've seen where he just doesn't look...young, to me anymore. Not so much the wild vamos like before - much more grit there, and less enthusiasm for the fight. It reads like a new era to me.
(This was taken today, sorry if it seams like an overreaction )

Last edited by Harmless : 03-31-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #167
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ awesome choices, thanks for sharing.

As for that last picture, yes, it is YOU overreacting. Rafa has matured, but he's still an adorable puppy. ask Fed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #168
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I'm glad somebody posted that Safin pic. I was trying to find it earlier, it's a great shot.

Here's a few more pics I find really striking.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DjokovicAct2501_468x574.jpg (51.2 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg _U8T2452Li.jpg (71.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg fed.016656039Final.jpg (94.7 KB, 563 views)
File Type: jpg Holding tennis balls near mouth 2009+Australian+Open+Day+4+XpmMf_4_pvsl.jpg (61.7 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg 2-Rafael-Nadal-Tennis-Australian-Open.jpg (18.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 21blspf.jpg (175.6 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg SAMPRAS-FEDERER.jpg (47.9 KB, 549 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 03-31-2010 at 04:17 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #169
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ That one of Rafa holding the balls is truly fantastic. Technically (composition, lightening, balls matching the colours of his bandana & wristband) and emotionally - that expression on his face. Well done by the photographer.

The other ones are great as well btw.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 AM   #170
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Clay produces some dramatic photos. The Safina and Safin ones (incidentally) are truly staggering.

*saves to harddrive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
WTA, sorry, but it's a memorable photo. Dina Safina, last year.

Marat. Poster photo for his claim that he really didn't enjoy tennis so much sometimes.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 AM   #171
country flag bhathiya9999

bhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond reputebhathiya9999 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow awesome pictures thanx for sharing..
bhathiya9999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #172
country flag RafaFan95

RafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond repute

I found this on yahoo.com:

RAFA NADAL and JURGEN MELZER
Juan Martin del Potro - Andreas Haider-Maurer - Andy Roddick - Martin Fischer - Milos Raonic - Dominic Thiem - Bernard Tomic
http://austriantennisblog.blogspot.com
RafaFan95 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #173
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing pics of Nando
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #174
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
Roddick.
Great choices! I think this one is Marat though actually..
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #175
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think that is Marat as well...
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #176
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

the essence of Marat..

racquet thrower in training..
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #177
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
^^ awesome choices, thanks for sharing.

As for that last picture, yes, it is YOU overreacting. Rafa has matured, but he's still an adorable puppy. ask Fed.

I just meant that usually I see a strangely cute young tennis prodigy in his photos, this one portrays an experienced, almost veteran player, there's a gravity in it that I haven't noticed in him before, that's all.
And I'm sure Fed sees him in a different way than us fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
^^ I'm glad somebody posted that Safin pic. I was trying to find it earlier, it's a great shot.

Here's a few more pics I find really striking.
I really love the 4th one, striking colour combinations with that light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaFan95 View Post
I found this on yahoo.com:
Great panoramic shots, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Great choices! I think this one is Marat though actually..
That actually makes more sense. I saw it attributed to Roddick as far as I can recall, don't know how I never stopped to think that Roddick was never sponsored by Adidas. (?)
Thanks for the correction, I'll change it!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #178
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #179
country flag Harmless

^^ hihi

A few from the last 3 weeks, maybe not brilliant, but pretty good.

I think it might be symptomatic that Roddick can give such great disappointment shots. :/
Indian Wells Finals.

Semis vs. Ljubo.
Would have been better if they cropped off the shorts.

Ljubicic, victory vs. Nadal, SF IW

I think this one really captures Soderling's full power and potential as a tennis player.
(also, it might be really easy for any haters to photoshop in a pair of horns and a trident )
IW, vs Murray.

Murray at IW, vs Soderling. Great lines, interesting light focus.

Mostly for the light.
Ljubicic, IW, vs. Monaco.

Last edited by Harmless : 03-31-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: editing failure fixed
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #180
country flag Ariel

Ariel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond repute

That top one of Andy is exquisite. I always get the impression that over and beyond providing protection from the sun's glare, that hat allows Andy to hide his more raw emotions from the opponent and the public. He's having a thoughtful moment in this one - perhaps assessing a point badly played or contemplating a next move. Add to that the falling drop of perspiration from the rim of the hat and you have classic Andy.

Ljubo and Sod - the thrill and intensity of competitive tennis.

Thanks Harmless.
Ariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote