When trailers are better than the movies - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default When trailers are better than the movies

What are some trailers that were just awesome but the movie left a lot to be desired.

One's I thought of:

Amazing trailer with magical song. The movie was also pretty good but it didn't give me the same sense of wonder.

Awesome trailer. Very cool concept. Made me suffer every day that I had to wait for this movie to hit theatres. The movie was probablly the worst of the Star Wars saga and was a big dissapointment.(still enjoyed it though).

I had never heard of Watchmen until this trailer prior to Dark Knight. Awesome song and set the mood beautifully. I went on to read the graphic novel and looked forward to the movie. While the movie did not live up to the trailer or grpahic novel, it was still decent.

The formula for a cool trailer is few words and a perfect mood setting song. It just does not guarantee a great movie.

What are some that you have come across?

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When trailers are better than the movies

dude. i loved where the wild things are.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly different but when i was 14, me and 2 friends rented what looked like this really scary low budget horror film called harvesters. anyway we kind of shit ourselves at the thought of watching it, but being 14 we were obviously too headstrong and had too much pride so we put it on and prepared ourselfs to be emotionally scarred for life.

5 minutes in we realised that the words 'low budget' was a bit of a compliment to this film. it is hands down the funniest film i have ever seen, but it is so funny because it fails so hard at being scary. with a plot straight out of some kids fanfic, shots from random bits of documentries, a running through the woods scene on loop 3 times so that you might not notice (i guess if you didn't have eyes, or had never been to a woods) that it was just 10 trees and someones backyard.

my friend lauren actually wet herself laughing so hard, picture the 3 of us standing over her jeans drying the crotch with a hairdryer, while she wore a pair of my friends boxers and we still looked more classy than the film lol.

theres a review of it that sums it up perfectly;

Quote:
I work in a video store and this is by far the worst movie I have ever come across, and that is saying something! The horrible dialog wasn't helped by the acting, which was god awful, the story line was boring and seemed thrown together, the graphics were cheesy and the fight scenes MUST have been made up on the spot.

We follow the story of Frankie Falzone who, for some reason, is a lesbian. Its only brought up once and I think it was just an excuse to film in a strip club. She and her "gang" are on the run from a couple of the most inept U.S. Marshals in the history of the United States. Why you need five people to rob a liquor store I'll never know but...what ever. After hanging out in the woods for a while, and by woods I mean what looks like somebody's back yard, they carjack somebody and proceed with a home invasion, which they instantly screw up, never mind the fact that these people want to harvest their organs. After a stupid and gratuitous bath scene, everyone in the "gang" but Frankie is killed. Then there is some running down some paths in the woods. Then a lot of running down some paths in the woods. Frankie gets some of her things and tries to do some Rambo style traps which "of course" works. All of this leads up to a final horrible fight scene in which Frankie wins. She then hears some one crying and she finds a, as yet unseen, little girl who proceeds to stab her in the throat. The end.

I am willing to bet most of the equipment was borrowed for this film and the actors did it "for the experience". If I had to venture a guess I would say they had a budget of about $20 and spent it on beer.

Bottom line? See it if for no other reason than to say you saw the worst movie ever made
i have never been so dissapointed in something to the point that it made it so funny, anyway heres the youtube trailer and think from this you can get a feel of the groundbreaking work that went into it lol

i now own it on dvd, me and my friend lauren brought it a few years ago to remember one of the most surreal and funny nights of our lives. i now show it to friends to let them in on the movie i class as one of the funniest ever.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
country flag zine56

zine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond repute

Cabin Fever, trailer makes it look like a B+ horror movie , but really is a -F

Dungeons and Dragons, huge hype about this one , but one of the worst movies i've seen in my life , i had to stop watching after the first 30 minutes

Gonzo-Truba & Ljuba-Truba Dance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDi2...eature=channel
---------------------------
humildad (3) vence a soberbia (1) otra vez....

humildad 1 - soberbia 0

humildad (6) viola a soberbia (1) en la paz

zine56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
country flag forzamilan90

forzamilan90 is on a distinguished road

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the movie was a 7/10 but the trailer made it out to be the masterpiece of the decade

Last edited by forzamilan90 : 03-01-2010 at 12:43 PM.
forzamilan90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

ANYTHING from m. night shyamalan
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree on Where The Wild Things Are. Don't think another movie disappointed me that much this year.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
country flag theMEESH

@Deck. DUDE. I soooo didn't know Wiliam Shatner was canadian! That's cool.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

I remember way back when, me and my brother thought Pushing Tin looked like a good movie from the trailer, and it was chronically bad in reality IMO.

Also Deep Blue Sea
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #10
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see too many good trailers these days. They are all in the same mold. Flashy explosions,snappy quotes and close-ups of faces.

The 3 in my original post are still top of the line trailers. But the movies were subpar

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:01 AM   #11
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:01 AM   #12
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMEESH View Post
ANYTHING from m. night shyamalan
/thread
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #13
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #14
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #15
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote