•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27 - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #826
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

that is a damn good point jeff. no doubt the americans offer the same excuse when they hit roland garros. i remember couple or 3 years ago when all 7 americans lost in the first round at roland garros.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #827
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

sup glen. getting hungry man. need to fix me a sandwich and a soy shake.

I knew you'd love that comment, simply could not resist. I played 3 sets of doubs today in the wind and cold. Played pretty well considering. It's like some times bad conditions make me focus and concentrate harder that I end up playing better on those days..

Then I came home and had a big bowl of chicken noodle soup and crackers.. One of my favorite meals after a cold day outside..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #828
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
I see this at the junior level at local clubs. The juniors don't give a damn if they are playing on clay, they play the way they know(stumbling while doing it). They refuse to adjust their games to the clay, aren't willing to at all. Instead clay comes as a built in excuse for why you lost.
One of the many problems with American juniors. They don't want it enough.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #829
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
It's not just court surfaces that has resulted in the current state of affairs. It is courts, but it's also balls, racquets, strings, and the way players are being instructed from an early age. I've said for a number of years if you could design a tv that only showed the players, balls, and net and you could not see the surface, you could not determine what surface a modern day match was being played on. That may be a stretch in reality, but it's not far from the truth.
I almost had forgotten... it's really puzzling that two tennis fans like you and me, brought up in such different times and places with such radical tennistic differences end up making the same points and agreeing 99% of the time.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #830
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

This guy in my tennis club keeps ducking my challenge emails. I'm going to have to call forfeit, even though I would rather actually play the match.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #831
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never lost a match on grass.
Which is predominately a result of the fact you have never played one..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #832
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew you'd love that comment, simply could not resist. I played 3 sets of doubs today in the wind and cold. Played pretty well considering. It's like some times bad conditions make me focus and concentrate harder that I end up playing better on those days..

Then I came home and had a big bowl of chicken noodle soup and crackers.. One of my favorite meals after a cold day outside..

i got us a large emoticon of that crocodile. go ahead and save it for future use.

i started laughing the second i read that remark. too funny.

i am staying in today and getting my rest and recovery. the gains in fitness and conditioning are made only at rest, not while training.

big bowl of chicken noodle soup is always great for lunch after some physical activity in the cold.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #833
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I almost had forgotten... it's really puzzling that two tennis fans like you and me, brought up in such different times and places with such radical tennistic differences end up making the same points and agreeing 99% of the time.
That's because you are wise well beyond your years. I was not nearly as mature and wise as you when I was your age.. hell, I'm not now !!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #834
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i got us a large emoticon of that crocodile. go ahead and save it for future use..

I am CD, I have used some of your gators and crocs on gatorcounty.com (my football message board) and the guys are freaking out, they love them..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #835
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which is predominately a result of the fact you have never played one..
Guilty as charged.

Quote:
That's because you are wise well beyond your years. I was not nearly as mature and wise as you when I was your age.. hell, I'm not now !!!
I need to get you on the phone next time my mum starts scolding me!!

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #836
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Anytime man, I'd be happy to set her straight. The thing about mom's is, there must be a big mold somewhere that spits them out, coz they are all the same no matter where they are...

I'm going to kick back and relax a while and watch a movie on tv.. It's a lazy day around here, time to take advantage of it.. See you all later...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #837
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
I am CD, I have used some of your gators and crocs on gatorcounty.com (my football message board) and the guys are freaking out, they love them..

i have also received good feedback on these crazy emoticons. they ease tension and are a lot of fun.

i just found one to use on Habs. check it out. you can copy it and save this one too:

Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #838
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So true about mothers, they're all the same. That's also something I've said many times...

haha CD that actually looks like Habs

Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #839
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
One of the many problems with American juniors. They don't want it enough.
agreed jonathan. there is still another deeper problem here in the states as far as tennis is concerned. some of our very best athletes dont want to play tennis.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #840
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

and how about this one jose?

Closed Thread