•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27 - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #751
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

nice story there catherine. the guy did his homework and got the right results.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #752
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

CD: that's her husband

so Cath, we expect awesome pics for this year's WTF

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #753
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

wow arkulari. i had no idea.

the dude is simply a brilliant tennis mind. he knows where to look for the info and then he knows what to make of it.

why cant we get him to post at the castle?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #754
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
CD: that's her husband

so Cath, we expect awesome pics for this year's WTF
We'd better get great seats. If so, they will be truely awesome pictures!!
cath777 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #755
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
wow arkulari. i had no idea.

the dude is simply a brilliant tennis mind. he knows where to look for the info and then he knows what to make of it.

why cant we get him to post at the castle?
Hey, I take offense! I'm I not good enough?

Besides, I'm the brains of the operation. If it wasn't for me, he'd never have entered!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #756
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath777 View Post
Hey, I take offense! I'm I not good enough?

Besides, I'm the brains of the operation. If it wasn't for me, he'd never have entered!

affirmative. now use your great abilities to convince him why he would be an asset at the castle.

you two will be the first husband/wife team at the castle ever. and you just know that all the castlers will welcome him here with open arms.

that is just how we roll.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #757
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Cath, why didn't you join the contest?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #758
country flag cath777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
affirmative. now use your great abilities to convince him why he would be an asset at the castle.

you two will be the first husband/wife team at the castle ever. and you just know that all the castlers will welcome him here with open arms.

that is just how we roll.
Nah, I have to have somewhere to hide and be able to bitch about him
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #759
country flag cath777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Cath, why didn't you join the contest?
I did. I think I was about 500th Obviously doesn't rate much of a mention.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:50 AM   #760
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Talking Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

Quote:
Nah, I have to have somewhere to hide and be able to bitch about him
don't we all?

Quote:
I did. I think I was about 500th Obviously doesn't rate much of a mention.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #761
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i love this welcome sign that lemon custard (Amy) found somewhere. its so cool.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #762
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Shark Bites: Indian Wells & Miami
by Greg Sharko

© Getty Images
Greg Sharko, Director of ATP Media Information
ATP stats and information guru Greg Sharko looks at the numbers behind the stories of the ATP World Tour in his regular column, 'Shark Bites'.

DOUBLING UP IN INDIAN WELLS & MIAMI

Roger Federer is the only active player to win both the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami in the same year, accomplishing the feat in 2005 and in 2006. Two other active players, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray, have won the title and reached the final in both tournaments in the same year. The first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament begins in Indian Wells on Thursday, 11 March, to be followed by Miami, beginning Wednesday, 24 March.

Here is a look at players to win both titles and reach the finals in both in the same year since 1985 when the Sony Ericsson Open began:

Indian Wells & Miami Champion In The Same Year

Indian Wells Miami
2006 -- Roger Federer (d. Blake) Federer (d. Ljubicic)
2005 -- Roger Federer (d. Hewitt) Federer (d. Nadal)
2001 -- Andre Agassi (d. Sampras) Agassi (d. Gambill)
1998 -- Marcelo Rios (d. Rusedski) Rios (d. Agassi)
1994 -- Pete Sampras (d. Korda) Sampras (d. Agassi)
1992 -- Michael Chang (d. Chesnokov) Chang (d. Mancini)
1991 -- Jim Courier (d. Forget) Courier (d. Wheaton)

Reaching The Final In Indian Wells & Miami In the Same Year

Indian Wells Miami
2009 -- Andy Murray (l. to Nadal) Murray (d. Djokovic)
2007 -- Novak Djokovic (l. to Nadal) Djokovic (d. Canas)
1995 -- Pete Sampras (d. Agassi) Sampras (l. to Agassi)
1995 -- Andre Agassi (l. to Sampras) Agassi (d. Sampras)
1990 -- Stefan Edberg (d. Agassi) Edberg (l. to Agassi)
1990 -- Andre Agassi (l. to Edberg) Agassi (d. Edberg)

BRYAN REACHES 600 MATCH WINS
Bob Bryan became the fourth active doubles player to pass the 600 career match wins milestone last week en route to the title at Delray Beach. All of Bob Bryan's match wins have come with twin brother Mike (who has 615 career match wins). The twins are the first team in the Open era to win 600 matches as a team. Bahamian veteran Mark Knowles is closing in on a major milestone of his own. He is within three wins of reaching 700 career doubles wins. Here's a look at the active players on the ATP World Tour with at least 500 career doubles match wins:

Player Wins
Daniel Nestor 736
Mark Knowles 697
Mike Bryan 615
Bob Bryan 601
Mahesh Bhupathi 563
Martin Damm 557
Leander Paes 533

2010 ATP WORLD TOUR MATCH WINS LEADERS
In the first two months of the season, Croatia's Marin Cilic leads the ATP World Tour with 17 match match wins. Here are the top match wins leaders going into March:

Player W-L
Marin Cilic 17-2
Andy Roddick 15-3
Juan Carlos Ferrero 14-3
Nikolay Davydenko 13-3
David Ferrer 13-4
Marcos Baghdatis 13-5
Juan Monaco 13-5
Ivo Karlovic 13-5
John Isner 12-3
Thomaz Bellucci 12-5
Novak Djokovic 11-2
Gael Monfils 11-5

LATIN AMERICAN CLAY COURT WINS LEADERS
Former ATP World No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero led the Latin American clay court circuit by compiling a 14-1 record and winning titles in Costa do Sauipe and Buenos Aires. Since the four-tournament (Santiago, Costa do Sauipe, Buenos Aires, Acapulco) swing began in 2001, a Spaniard or South American has led with the most match wins. Here is a look at the year-by-year leaders:

Player W-L Titles-Finals
2010 - JC Ferrero 14-1 W - Costa do Sauipe, Buenos Aires, F - Acapulco
2009 - Tommy Robredo 14-2 W - Costa do Sauipe, Buenos Aires
2009 - Jose Acasuso 12-4 F - Vina del Mar
2008 - Nicolas Almagro 12-1 W - Costa do Sauipe, Acapulco
2007 - JI Chela 10-2 W - Acapulco
2006 - Nicolas Massu 11-3 W - Costa do Sauipe, F - Vina del Mar
2005 - Rafael Nadal 12-1 W - Costa do Sauipe, Acapulco
2005 - Gaston Gaudio 10-1 W - Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires
2004 - Gustavo Kuerten 9-2 W - Costa do Sauipe, F - Vina del Mar
2004 - Carlos Moya 9-2 W - Acapulco, F - Buenos Aires
2003 - Agustin Calleri 8-2 W - Acapulco
2002 - Nicolas Massu 9-2 W - Buenos Aires
2001 - Gustavo Kuerten 10-0 W - Buenos Aires, Acapulco
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #763
country flag cath777

I'm knackered after all that excitement Night all
Old 03-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #764
country flag Lemon Custard

Lemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys... CD, Cath, Nat, Glen (if you're still here). It's been a little while since I've been in here... It's a long story, but I had a bit of a tough weekend. Anyway.. how are we all doing in The Castle today?

Oh! Awesome story about your husband, Cath! Great job getting him to enter.. I'm really looking forward to the photos! Cya later!
If I could be anything other what I am, I'd want it tomorrow. If I could be what my father wants me to be, then maybe I could stay for that too. If I could be what you want me to be, I'd want to stay. But I am what I am, and all I want is freedom.
Lemon Custard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #765
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Talking Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

Amy

interesting article CD, and since you call us doubters about Roger, how about this article

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/blo...ion-world-no-1

Quote:
Why do we continue to question the world No. 1?

By Matt Wilansky, ESPN.com
We've had a little more than a week to digest and dissect Roger Federer's latest Grand Slam title. So what, if anything, did we learn from Slam No. 16?

First and foremost, it's time to stop doubting Fed. He has made a mockery of us, the so-called pundits, who continue to question his level, motivation, resolve, tenacity, yada, yada, yada.

And here we were, calling for the changing-of-the-guard paradigm in men's tennis -- again. What fools.

At the geriatric age of 28, Federer continues to strengthen his already-untouchable legacy and add to his immense trophy collection.

Sure, long gone are the years of his utter dominance, circa 2004 to 2007, when the rest of the field was so far south you needed motorized transportation to get there. The new Federer, the occasionally pedestrian one, has been challenged -- and even beaten -- most notably by Rafael Nadal, who usurped the regal Swiss' top ranking in 2008. (Federer, of course, clawed his way back to the top.) And let's not forget that other young, rising talents -- including Australian Open runner-up Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic and Juan Martin del Potro -- have upended Federer on numerous occasions.

Federer's 2009 Slam season was bookended by foreboding five-set losses, which at the time painted an ominous picture and raised questions as to the longevity of his stranglehold on the game. Not to be forgotten, there was also the infamous racket-bashing incident in Miami and the meltdown in Montreal.

But it's that great paradox of evolving as a player despite those numerous setbacks that goes widely unnoticed. Skeptics used to criticize Federer's lack of grappling and tussling on the court. Mind you, it wasn't necessary.

Today's Federer, though, might lose a set, maybe two, in a given match. Case in point: The Australian Open, where he faced an arduous battle in the opening round versus Igor Andreev. And then again in the quarterfinals versus a scalding Nikolay Davydenko, before the mighty Swiss came back from a set and a break down to win.

Federer, Version II, is a grinder when necessary, a player whose will to win is even more transparent than ever before. This while we question how he can stay focused with a résumé so extensive that it will likely be generations before anyone comes close to threatening his copious records.

Here we stand, deep into an unparalleled era of dominance, witnessing the growth of a player who, ironically, has made subtle (if any) changes to his game. And while the gap is closing -- Federer concedes as much -- he continues to thrive.

The Australian Open certainly wasn't the best Federer we've seen (although he was pretty dang good). Who knows what would have happened if an unrestrained Murray had showed up in the final, or if Davydenko had become intoxicated with that mind-altering "clear vodka-Red Bull" concoction he's so fond of, and never woke up to realize the identity of his opponent?

We can only wonder, but quite frankly, it doesn't really matter.

That's because the common denominator between the Federer of yore and today's version is … the big W.

So perhaps, just perhaps, the Aussie Open shed a moment of clarity for all of us nonbelievers. The world No. 1 isn't going away anytime soon.

Last edited by Arkulari : 03-03-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Closed Thread