•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #241
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

if they can beat the bryans, they may have a shot at the title. it will a good doubles title for harrison. dent too is trying to make a little comeback.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #242
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

I know and dent is a good doubles player, he just doesn't play very often. That serve and volley of his still works well in doubs.

Knocking off the brayns would be huge..
Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #243
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison is more than carrying his share of the load tonight. He looks solid out there.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #244
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i will be cheering for dent/harrison.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #245
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Me too. I'd like to see them take this..
Old 02-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #246
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

tiebreaker time.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #247
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

What a return by mike on that set point.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #248
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

an even better one by harrison on that set point. awesome.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #249
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

how old are these bryans now glen? my wild guess is that they are both approaching 32 something.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #250
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

31 or 32.. they were born in 78.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #251
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

they are getting up in age but so are some of the other top doubles teams.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #252
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Yea, and you can play doubs well into late 30s, maybe more as good as the bryans are. I don't see them slowing down any. The only thing that slowed them down is this stupid no-ad scoring and the 3rd set champions TB. Those two things are just equalizers and make lesser teams more competitive.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #253
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

agreed. they also kill a great tennis tradition this way.

now there is no suitable method of comparison when looking at the great doubles teams of the past.

just like they killed the best of 5 sets foremats at masters series finals. again a suitable measure of comparison with the truly epic 5 sets matches at these masters series finals lost forever.

no any clown can win a masters event if he has a bit of a hot hand or if he is healthy and his opponent is playing with nagging injuries.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #254
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Exactly right. I hate what they've done to doubles. We still play it the old fashioned way at my club.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #255
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i am actually doing a few sets of weights so that is reason for the pause. i had to knock of some leg extensions and leg curls. now doing a few bench presses and arm curls while throwing around 30 pound dumbells. i am almost done.

the castle has been quiet today. most of the folks here are the ladies and they are all missing. it also could be that it is saturday night.

the biggest reason for the castle being quiet is the lack of masters series events and the slams. thaat is when it comes alive.
Closed Thread