•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #181
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
hi friend nat

heard you are from bilb(a)o
sup friend?

wanna hear something funny? in euskera, the city is actually called Bilbo

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #182
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Pete Sampras, Michael Stich and Roger Federer where in my view the best service actions on the men's tour in the last 25 years.

How about Krajicek and T. Johannson?

Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #183
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
sup friend?
yesssssssssssss

Quote:
wanna hear something funny? in euskera, the city is actually called Bilbo
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #184
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which players over the years you have seen had the best service actions.
Good question. I'd have to give that one some serious thought. There are a lot of very good motions out there. The two that come to mind quickly are Sampras and Federer. Those are easy. But a guy like Fish has got one of the smoothest and most efficient motions you'll see.
Querrey has a smooth relaxed motion too. I would have to think for a while to come up with what I consider to be the best motion(s). I think Borg might have had the loosest arm I've ever seen, but he was not really known for serving. But his arm was like spaghetti it was so loose and relaxed.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #185
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
He may be struggling mentally as well, but the serve issue is technique. I found this footage from 2006. Go to one of his serves and keep pulling back and watching it over and over. You can see that back then he used the more classic "back scratching" motion for his service motion.
Now, at the back of his motion he straightens his arm and opens the face of the racquet. When/if most people make a change like this it's due to an injury or something. It has just created a kink in his motion that affects his ability for smooth powerful stroke.
But to me, what he's doing now is more harmful to a shoulder than the classic technique.

Here is a video comparing the Sampras and Djokovic serves:

Last edited by DrJules : 02-27-2010 at 06:08 PM.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #186
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Good question. I'd have to give that one some serious thought. There are a lot of very good motions out there. The two that come to mind quickly are Sampras and Federer. Those are easy. But a guy like Fish has got one of the smoothest and most efficient motions you'll see.
Querrey has a smooth relaxed motion too. I would have to think for a while to come up with what I consider to be the best motion(s). I think Borg might have had the loosest arm I've ever seen, but he was not really known for serving. But his arm was like spaghetti it was so loose and relaxed.
Actually opponents always said most viewers failed to recognise how good his serve was particularly the first serve.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #187
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. His serve got little press, but it was extremely effective, specially on grass for a guy known as a baseliner.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #188
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:

That's good. Somebody needs to show that to Novak because he sure isn't doing that anymore, specially on the back swing..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #189
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

E-gul and Nieminen underway...
Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #190
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

I had to buy concealer about two shades darker than I usually do because I've gotten so tanned

Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #191
country flag DrJules

Quote:
I had to buy concealer about two shades darker than I usually do because I've gotten so tanned
Not a problem in London - rain.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #192
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #193
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

yeah, I've got the standard Spanish Sun Resistant Skin (TM) even if my natural color is white-as-a-corpse

thankfully, I get tanned, not burned

Old 02-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #194
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:

Look at the difference on where his arm is and the postion it is in in that picture, compared to the one below from today. Did you ever see Sampras in this position??

Old 02-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #195
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Nole is hitting too many DFs, sometimes his serve motion is like Nando's and we know what happens there

Closed Thread