•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27 - Page 106 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #1576
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Great tigers Clay Death. It was a good weekend for Clemson

Clemson clobbers South Carolina 19-6

COLUMBIA — The Clemson baseball team won the deciding game of its three-game series with archrival South Carolina most decisively.

Behind home runs by Chris Epps, Mike Freeman, Richie Shaffer, Addison Johnson and Phil Pohl, the Tigers blasted the Gamecocks 19-6 to capture the series before a Carolina Stadium-record crowd of 8,214 Sunday afternoon.

No. 13 Clemson improved to 9-1, while No. 15 USC dropped to 6-4 after losing its second consecutive weekend series. The Gamecocks dropped two-of-three to No. 14 East Carolina a week ago.

“It's frustrating. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed for our fans. We've got to get better,” USC coach Ray Tanner said. “Clemson outhit, outpitched and outplayed us all the way around today.”

Epps and Freeman, the first two batters in the Clemson lineup, each had three hits to lead the 14-hit attack.

“We hit on all cylinders offensively. We did a great job,” Clemson coach Jack Leggett said. “We got some guys on base, and we got some big hits.”

While the Clemson bats disposed of eight USC pitchers, sophomore right-hander Scott Weismann (2-0) held the Gamecock hitters in check during six innings of work. He gave up five hits, two walks and two earned runs to go with five strikeouts. Leggett went with Weismann after a solid outing last season in Columbia.

“Scott Weismann did a great job for us. He felt comfortable down here. He had four good innings last year, and he responded well today,” Leggett said.

also Jonathan, Clemson beat UCF 5-2 in tennis
impressive stuff from the clemson tigers jeff. congrats to the mighty clemson tigers and their fans.

i am a golden eagle but i have not been following their progress. i am not much into baseball. just never cared that much for it.

i know just enough to know that the yankees have the following:

1. the highest paid shortstop.
2. the highest paid pitcher--cc sabathia
3. highest paid first baseman
4. highest paid 2nd baseman
5. highet paid closer
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #1577
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Southern Miss Golden Eagle?

We beat them too in tennis, 6-1.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #1578
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

you got it old sport. southern miss golden eagle. the home of brett favre and company. i even live next door to his town where he grew up. Kiln is right next door to me.

often times i go to the hancock high football stadium--where they have a statue of favre-- to run up and down the football stadium when i need some variety in my training.

i also know his brother (Scott). he sells real estate here. we have had plenty of cold beers at a local bar here and discussed a lot of fottball. the talk usually concerned his famous brother and the green bay packers.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #1579
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
y'all rocked us in doubles. 8-2, 8-2 and 8-1.

It was a great match, the #1 court was so odd. Both players with an odd style for sure.

You should try to get on that team. Claudio looked very good. Galloway is usually our steamroller, he has lost only 1 match this year and usually wins like 6-1 6-2 every match. Claudio gave him a helluva match

Clemson's coach was very complementative of UCF, he said they will rise in the rankings.
I didn't even know that UCF was even ranked Hopefully we do better in the Conference USA tournament this year than last year, when we hosted it and lost 1st round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
[b]

I've seen tons of different vids on Rafa's training and it's always the same shit, Rafa's idea of training is always about hitting 6 hours a day and practically not going to the gym or doing other activities

You definitely need to work in your cardio/resistance training, because you're not fit enough to face a tournament of any kind with this level
Yeah, I'm definitely not. Future qualies will most likely require 1-2 match wins per day that weekend, and that's before I even get into the main draw, or get any points or money

Serve and fitness, serve and fitness, serve and fitness, gotta improve them both a lot if I want to have any shot.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 AM   #1580

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

interesting. Do you ever go to Southern Miss sporting events? My cousin lives in Hattiesburg.

of course now Hattiesburg is fanous for the sex-rehab center that Tiger Woods went to.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:47 AM   #1581
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i have not been back to hattiesburg in a while now jeff. i just stay too busy.

favre has an awesome place and serious acreage just outside hattiesburg. i think its like 1000 acres if not more.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 AM   #1582

when's the Indian wells draw supposed to be out?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #1583
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

the tournament starts on the 11th. i am hoping to see the draw on wednesday.

fed and the clay monster have that "hit for haiti" on friday.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 AM   #1584
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMEESH View Post
work work CD?
sorry meesh. i never got around to responding to your post.

so if you see this post, how long will you stay in indian wells?

any sightings of any pros there today? i have a feeling that you might even see some hollywood types there.

in looking at the weather at indian wells, it looks like it is quite cold there at night. sure hope it warms up.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...&aq=0&aqi=g1j1

Last edited by Clay Death : 03-09-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #1585
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

cant sleep. trying a warm glass of milk to see if it will do the trick. dont really have all that much trouble sleeping on the average but i am awake as hell at the moment.

i am watching some footage of the old match from roland garros: vilas vs dibbs in 1975. that should put me to sleep soon. it looks like its in bloody slow motion.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #1586
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone up to entertain me?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #1587
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #1588

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #1589

Last edited by jonathancrane : 03-09-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #1590

Closed Thread