Allez Gillou! - *testing my luck for IW & Miami* - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #436
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allez Gillou! - *testing my luck for IW & Miami*

all round

Hopefully he'll be sensible enough to realise that he really will have to wait until he's completely healed this time!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #437
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

On the positive side, Kezzi's super jinxing powers >>>>> Les & Lalaland's combined.

Other than that, I'm speechless at the handling of the whole injury thing since the beginning, shortsighted and amateurish. And the whining on court doesn't help.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #438
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Kezzi! She'll never open another thread again! I jinxed both Gillou and Andy in the same week remember

I can understand the whining on court though, he's just very frustrated Hope he takes a nice long honeymoon / holiday with Carine

Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #439
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
I can understand the whining on court though, he's just very frustrated Hope he takes a nice long honeymoon / holiday with Carine
any information about the length of the break?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #440
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
On the positive side, Kezzi's super jinxing powers >>>>> Les & Lalaland's combined.
Poor Kezzi. Gilles screwed this whole thing up all on his own. Kezzi's positive thinking power just wasn't enough to right it for him. Let's put it that way.

Quote:
Other than that, I'm speechless at the handling of the whole injury thing since the beginning, shortsighted and amateurish. And the whining on court doesn't help.
Ahhhh, harsh.
I wouldn't say it's amateurish. He is not the first athlete to ever come back from an injury too soon. I think it's just a bit in way over his head to think he can will his way back.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #441
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Poor Kezzi! She'll never open another thread again! I jinxed both Gillou and Andy in the same week remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Poor Kezzi. Gilles screwed this whole thing up all on his own. Kezzi's positive thinking power just wasn't enough to right it for him. Let's put it that way.
Why poor? If I had such powers, I would be starting threads all over the place.

Quote:
Ahhhh, harsh.
I wouldn't say it's amateurish. He is not the first athlete to ever come back from an injury too soon. I think it's just a bit in way over his head to think he can will his way back.
Yeah probably but still, how could he have been told that the injury couldn't worsen and the such? His injury problem has been handled and monitored by FF teams, not by biased friends and family. And I like to think that if he had been training hard, all his physical problems would have already showed up during tranings, not on court; if he couldn't train properly but still decided to resume competition, the whining is kinda pointless.

Ona a funnier note, his tomato red face in Marseille reminds me of the only time in my life I saw my mum run; she tried to catch a bus and missed it. (I got in )

Old 03-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #442
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why poor? If I had such powers, I would be starting threads all over the place.
You're right.
Kezzi, can u do me a favor and open a thread in certain players forum? (I'll sent you a list )

Quote:
the whining is kinda pointless.
whining is usually pointless .

Quote:
And I like to think that if he had been training hard, all his physical problems would have already showed up during tranings, not on court
I don't know about that. The stress level wouldn't be the same in training. Under stress, the muscles need more oxygen, the body used up more energy, it's in a completely different mode and you can't emulate the same kind of condition in training as in real competition.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #443
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
whining is usually pointless .
Yes but there's still a difference between whining to express a legitimate frustration and whining because miracles don't occur at will. More importantly, if there's something I like to remember from the end of the Ljubo match in Bercy, it's what he could still achieve with limited physical abilities when he doesn't get into self-destructive whining mode.

Quote:
I don't know about that. The stress level wouldn't be the same in training. Under stress, the muscles need more oxygen, the body used up more energy, it's in a completely different mode and you can't emulate the same kind of condition in training as in real competition.
I suppose so, though it sounds a bit far stretched that stress and tension can cause that many physical damages especially considering that competition or playing through injuries are hardly a new experience for him.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #444
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Yes but there's still a difference between whining to express a legitimate frustration and whining because miracles don't occur at will.
Yes. Sorry, I wasn’t trying to undermine your point, I agree completely. I felt embarrassed for him sometimes when the screaming got too loud. But cut him some slack cos he’s only human. It’s been a very frustrating 9 months if not a year for him, and it’s his job he’s unable to perform to the best he can. By now, he’s so mentally exhausted that I can’t expect him to still be able to “behave” all the time. What I can’t stand is to see him seemingly so fed up that he gave up on the match and just went thru the motion (which fortunately didn’t happen often). And eventhough I thought the outburst of emotion is embarrassing sometimes, I enjoy a lot seeing him fighting back his emotion and got back into the match trying to win it (which happened rather often), that’s when the fighter in him truly shine thru.

Quote:
More importantly, if there's something I like to remember from the end of the Ljubo match in Bercy, it's what he could still achieve with limited physical abilities when he doesn't get into self-destructive whining mode.
That's certainly much more enjoyable.

Quote:
I suppose so, though it sounds a bit far stretched that stress and tension can cause that many physical damages especially considering that competition or playing through injuries are hardly a new experience for him.
I’m only saying that the demand between training and competition are different. It’s unfair to suggest that he hadn’t train hard enough to let those physical problems shown during training. On the contrary, I suspected that he had overdone his training recently to overcompensate for the time loss, that caused his body in a constant exhaustive state, hence the breakdown when he pushed it over the limit during competition. But that's all speculations. However, since he has never have a good track record of hardworking in training, I understand what you are getting at. Let's just hope that he learnt a few things from this and start to really think thru what he has to do from this point on to ensure the longevity of his career.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #445
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
I felt embarrassed for him sometimes when the screaming got too loud. But cut him some slack cos he’s only human. It’s been a very frustrating 9 months if not a year for him, and it’s his job he’s unable to perform to the best he can. By now, he’s so mentally exhausted that I can’t expect him to still be able to “behave” all the time.
I don't really feel embarrassed because of the shoutings in themselves (even though it's sometimes quite vulgar), but definitely annoyed because it's the sign of a loss of focus and quite often imo, announces an impending debacle. Yes, the last year or so have been frustrating but I think that his multiple questionable choices also account a lot for it, and I'm not talking only about his indecidedness/unwillingness in handling properly his injury. It actually started well before his knee problem, his record between AO and RG last year went fastly downhill and was outright disastrous on clay. At that time, he was displaying regular and sometimes quite spectacular "behaviour" problems that already were explained (read disregarded) as mental exhaustion.

Quote:
I’m only saying that the demand between training and competition are different. It’s unfair to suggest that he hadn’t train hard enough to let those physical problems shown during training. On the contrary, I suspected that he had overdone his training recently to overcompensate for the time loss, that caused his body in a constant exhaustive state, hence the breakdown when he pushed it over the limit during competition. But that's all speculations. However, since he has never have a good track record of hardworking in training, I understand what you are getting at. Let's just hope that he learnt a few things from this and start to really think thru what he has to do from this point on to ensure the longevity of his career.
Agreed, that's all speculations but from what I know, his achings are more symptomatic of an ill-prepared body than of an exhausted one. I have only seen a few shots of his IW match, I didn't get the feeling it was physically an intense match either. But even in the hypothesis he was training hard, it would still be bad training as training is supposed to prepare his body for effort, not make it more fragile to it.

On a more or less related note, in the last canal+ video, Gilles and/or Tulasne said something like "at this point, what we need are victories to get things started". The first thing I thought was either the guy is looking for an excuse to doze around or he believes in fairies.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #446
country flag lalaland

Gilles' going to keep us wondering whether he'll be taking another long break or not, isn't he

Eventhough I think it is a matter of how long the break will be rather than if there's gonna be a break, I'm still deep down worry that he will show up in Monte Carlo . You know, it's hard to predict what the crazy will do next .

speaking about the crazy, did anyone see that movie "The Crazies"? Not bad as horror movie goes .
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #447
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Tulasne gives some news in L'Equipe today, but nothing definite yet about how long he will be out:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rechute et repos.jpg (107.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Truc : 04-03-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #448
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

The fissure in the sinew is back, as expected. Tulasne: "It had healed up when he left for the States, but it's back. It's a very small lesion, just a few millimeters, but it hampers him a lot. We now need to find a strategy to let it heal up and, above all, make sure it doesn't come back. By examining, among other things, what other players have done to sort out this kind of problem."
He will see Montalvan at the beginning of next week to define the "strategy". It might very well require a break as long as the one he had already taken in november-december 2009. The problem is that RG is in six weeks only, which is very short, especially since Gilles needs to play a lot of matches to regain his confidence in his game.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #449
country flag MsTree

Reality bites

RG is surely out of the equation now, although I bet he hasn't quite given up on it yet

Thanks Fran

Old 04-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #450
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Tulasne gives some news in L'Equipe today, but nothing definite yet about how long he will be out:
to all supporters. I somehow feel they all have no clue what to do.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote